Dry Shampoo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aldi used to do a fantastic one and typical of Aldi, discontinued it :rolleyes:

I use one from Lidl that I find very good. I can't remember exactly how much it is, but it's cheap, around £1.50 maybe. I prefer 'California Breeze'.

I don't like Batiste or Colab at all.

*Not my photo

View attachment 317550
Aldi have recently started doing a dry shampoo again and it’s branding is just like Batiste. It’s bloody good, too!

Reactions: 2
I've tried loads of dry shampoos over the years but always go back to Klorane. The IGK dry shampoos are good too but I'm not crazy about the scents. Curious about the living proof one but I'm not really using any dry shampoo this year so not worth ordering right now.

Reactions: 3
Another vote for Girlz only at Tesco, I'm blonde and I swear by the the blonde version. Won't buy anything else now which is a pain if I dont plan on going to Tesco!

Reactions: 5
I find the Batiste one in Oriental is nice. The cherry 1 smells nice and I think it's OK but I've heard others say it isn't good.

I really like the Colab one in Violet something (can't remember the name but it's something violet). It smells great and really does make my hair feel clean.

I love the smell of the Lee Stafford CocoLoco! Coconut is my absolute fav scent!!!!! It doesn't make my hair feel all that clean though.

Reactions: 1
@Keikochan black violet! It literally smells like Parma violets, so divine! That’s the one that didn’t absorb the oils my hair though.

Can’t wait to get to Tesco now and try girlz only now!

I might also give living proof a go when look fantastic have an offer on!

Apologies for the not so exciting thread but I’m after dry shampoo recommendations!

As somebody with very oily roots, dry shampoo is a big part of my life. But I’ve never found the right one!!

what I’ve used so far:

Batiste- this is the most effective for me but it makes my scalp itch like crazy and leaves a powdery cast on my skin. Even when I wash it off I’m left feeling like it’s on my hands all day.

Co Lab- I thought I’d found my holy grail with this but I was noticing I needed to use ALOT before it made a difference to my hair. I also (stupidly) flat ironed my hair the day after using co lab and it burnt my hair. My fault but I now can’t bring myself to use it again 😬

Superdrug own brand- picked this up on a whim and it was like hairspray, totally glued my hair together and I couldn’t get my fingers through to rub it in!

Herbal Essence- this was on clearance so I don’t think they make it anymore but I had the same experience as above.

Label M- was coerced into buying this at my hairdressers, I think I remember liking it but used it up really quickly.

Tresemme foam dry shampoo- do they still make this? Does anyone remember it? You put wet mousse foam in your greasy hair and it leaves it sodden with product and worse than before 😂

eager to hear what product I’m missing out on!
Batiste is my go to and I use it sparingly because otherwise it sits on your scalp and gets on your hands. I picked up a Boots own brand a few weeks back and it’s pretty decent to be fair but only comes in the silly small tins

I don’t have one to recommend however I do not recommend the new Pantene Shampoo foam, made my hair look greasier than to begin with and it was so expensive

Reactions: 3
This is amaaaazing for oily hair:
1605947101962.png

I switched to their shampoo and conditioner for oily hair only recently (which I love - I can now go for 3 days without having to wash my hair); and use this on the in-between days. I spray in the roots, give my hair a really good shake (head upside down, shaking my hair with my fingers), then brush my hair normally. It not only looks thick, full and non-oily, but healthy too. Win-win.

Aldi have recently started doing a dry shampoo again and it’s branding is just like Batiste. It’s bloody good, too!
I'm going to go searching for that.

Love the Lee Stafford one but probably a bit pricey if using most days.

Used the one from Superdrug yesterday and my hair looks awful plus cannot get my fingers through it. I like the brown one for when my roots need doing but it's a nuisance so will have to wash it out.

Definitely agree that using it on freshly washed hair really helps.

I do love the living proof one but the price is too much. I’ve found using olplex shampoo and not putting serum in really helps. I was a daily/every other day washer for years and now I’m twice a week. I also dry shampoo at night and brush my hair to comb the oil away from the roots.
I keep looking at opalex but never know what to get... do you think it’s worth the money then?

Living Proof, 100%. Pricey but worth it. Percy and Reed do an ‘invisible’ one, so no powdery finish. It is good. But it’s no LP

Another vote for girlz only at tesco! Although lately I’ve been going back to batiste because I need my roots doing and it’s like spraying talc on my hair and makes me look blonder 😂

Does anyone else find that half way through a can (no matter the brand) it tends to lose its “powderyness” and sprays just like wet air and in turn makes your hair greasier?? I’ve tried cleaning the nozzle but it doesn’t do anything! It’s frustrating as I have to buy twice as much.

Reactions: 5
Batiste is the only one I've found that actually does the job. I've found that if I spray it on before my hair gets greasy I don't end up with an itchy scalp. I wash my hair and the day after I spray with batiste, I don't need to use much but it delays any greasiness and I don't have to wash my hair again for about 5 days

I keep looking at opalex but never know what to get... do you think it’s worth the money then?
I wouldn’t say it’s a miracle, but I bought it on a great offer (offer, staff discount and vouchers) but I must say it has lasted months despite being small bottles. You only need a tiny bit and I’m debating buying my next batch as again it’s on offer.

My hair definitely looks less greasy and seems to be in better condition. I can easily go 4-5 days before washing where as before I was lucky for 2-3 before.

I read something interesting on the EffinHair account on insta. She said that if you get oily roots, you should spray a bit of dry shampoo in the night that you’ve washed your hair. I think she said it’s because it then prevents your hair from getting oily, rather than using it when your hair is already oily and just trying to cover it up.

My hair is quite flat too so I might give this a go. I use baptiste too but same as you, I find it leaves a coating on my skin!
I do this and it really works. :) If I wait til my hair is already greasy then I need to use loads and it's not as effective. Batiste is the best brand I have tried.

I like Colab and Aveda Shampure. It’s in a squeeze bottle and it comes out like talc. If you’ve got dark hair you have to be quite careful but it’s really good at taking the grease out.
Living Proof makes my hair feel really clean too.

I always apply at night and sleep in it. My hair is almost black so it’s generally always quite hard to get out. By the morning it’s always absorbed and easier to brush out.

Reactions: 4