Driving lessons/experience

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started manual lessons in January (or early February, can't remember now) and haven't had any problems. My instructor is so nice but she's due to retire in November so I think I'll have to find someone else when lockdown is over 😔 also worried I'll have forgotten everything!

I started manual lessons in January (or early February, can't remember now) and haven't had any problems. My instructor is so nice but she's due to retire in November so I think I'll have to find someone else when lockdown is over 😔 also worried I'll have forgotten everything!
I’m nervous about this too, my instructor as great as she is, is a bit of a drama llama

90 hours of lessons (2 hours each) and passed third time. I was extremely anxious at the beginning and my let down was being very hesitant. Not driven since January as I don't need to. Hoping to get back into it by driving my dads car over summer. Never been on a motorway and the thought terrifies me so I will definitely need to go back to an instructor before I even attempt that. I had a female instructor because I knew I'd be more comfortable (just personal preference).

For those who are learning, have you heard anything about lessons restarting for non essential workers? Test is supposed to be the 10th July which is seeming less likely now if I can’t have lessons, would much rather postpone

For those who are learning, have you heard anything about lessons restarting for non essential workers? Test is supposed to be the 10th July which is seeming less likely now if I can’t have lessons, would much rather postpone
I was reading a thread on reddit about this and a driving instructor said that for the moment they are still only allowed to teach key workers who’s test is essential. They haven’t had any further info from the DVSA

A tip for anyone who is looking at an intensive course. I did one over 6 days (5 days of 4 hours driving and 1 day with the lesson) it was great for getting used to just driving without the break between lessons. By the end I could drive perfectly fine and do my manoeuvres. (I had had a few months of lessons prior to this but hadn’t driven for a year and wanted to get my test done before my theory test expired)

However, the week build up to the test made me more and more nervous. Every small mistake I blew out of proportion in my mind. I failed my intensive course test and had to do it again which I passed the day before my theory test expired. I didn’t take any lessons the weekend before it (I knew I could drive so I wanted to reduce any chance of getting anxious if I made a mistake) I took it at 8:15am on a Monday, so there wasn’t time to do much beforehand except drive to the test centre which meant I wasn’t freaking out about it.

If you really struggle with anxiety (as I do) I wouldn’t recommend doing the test at the end of the intensive course it as it definitely amplified every fear and panic that I had. Do the intensive course but give yourself a week or so before you take the actual test. Trust me!
I learned to drive 10 years ago, failed my test but then moved to london so had no real need to drive, now I'm desperate to pass my test, and have been looking at intensive courses, and I also suffer with anxiety (another reason i put off going back to learning for so long!) so this is really helpful to know :)

Reactions: 1
I passed! Thank the lord 🤣🤣 2 minors. I got pull up on the right and reverse 2 car lengths woo!

so happy 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 9