Drag Race UK

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vivienne was superb as Trump and it was nice to see a different silhouette on the runway, away from the ‘safe’ jumpsuits/hoods.
Baga is still growing on me, she was really good as Mrs.Thatcher but I wanted something more on the runway.
Divina is definitely gaining confidence on the show and it’s good she found she ought to be more assertive.
Cheryl needs to step up...I can see Blu is outshining ‘established’ queens.

Reactions: 6
I must admit, I’d never seen an episode of Drag Race before, and I’ll be totally honest, I’ve never really had much interest in the show and scene. But I thought I’d give the series a try, and I’m kinda obsessed.

Although, Ru Paul seems kinda awkward trying to make British related jokes, I don’t know whether that it just how Ru is.

But I adore Blu Hydrangea, the subtle savage comments, even to Ru Paul, and just being amazing. I love Blu so much and is underrated I think, Blu will go far.

Reactions: 7
I don't mind Blu and I'm happy to see he's slowly gaining more confidence as time goes by. However, his humor I don't find it to be as clever or quick-witted as some of the other drag queens (poor Mary Berry though lol). For example, The Vivienne's Donald Trump was really well done and smart. One of the best Snatch performances that I've seen in a long time. I still don't have a favorite but I do love a good underdog winner so I have few that I hope will really step it up in the upcoming episodes otherwise it's obvious who the winner is going to be at this rate.

I'm sad to see the two POC are already out but honestly they were not bringing their A-game. I am hoping for season two that there will be more diversity amongst the queens. I also love the smaller cast compared to the American counterpart, as you get to know each individual and their personality much better. I thought it was cute that Geri gave Sum Ting Wong a hug as he was leaving; that was really sweet.

Reactions: 4
I don't mind Blu and I'm happy to see he's slowly gaining more confidence as time goes by. However, his humor I don't find it to be as clever or quick-witted as some of the other drag queens (poor Mary Berry though lol). For example, The Vivienne's Donald Trump was really well done and smart. One of the best Snatch performances that I've seen in a long time. I still don't have a favorite but I do love a good underdog winner so I have few that I hope will really step it up in the upcoming episodes otherwise it's obvious who the winner is going to be at this rate.

I'm sad to see the two POC are already out but honestly they were not bringing their A-game. I am hoping for season two that there will be more diversity amongst the queens. I also love the smaller cast compared to the American counterpart, as you get to know each individual and their personality much better. I thought it was cute that Geri gave Sum Ting Wong a hug as he was leaving; that was really sweet.
sum ting seemed the nicest person ever so sweet and lovely. Shame he went but he wasn’t as good as the others. Liked him as a person but it was clear he was leaving after snatch game.
Agree about Blu shes not as quick as Vivienne or Baga so she kind of gets pushed to the back a bit. I did absolutely love her runway look with the eye I thought it was fantastic!!

Reactions: 6
I just cant warm to cheryl at all. I liked sum ting a lot. i hope the drag race experience elevates them and they get much better

Reactions: 3
I just cant warm to cheryl at all. I liked sum ting a lot. i hope the drag race experience elevates them and they get much better
Yes, Cheryl is not a grower. Some of the other contestants I didn't care for in episode one but have grown on me as time has gone on. Cheryl is very one note for me.

Reactions: 2
Yes, Cheryl is not a grower. Some of the other contestants I didn't care for in episode one but have grown on me as time has gone on. Cheryl is very one note for me.
I really want to like Cheryl but just get nothing...to the point I had forgotten about her when discussing the show. Do you think dissuading Sum Ting from going for Nigella was tactical? I thought Cheryl was being helpful but I am not sure.

I really want to like Cheryl but just get nothing...to the point I had forgotten about her when discussing the show. Do you think dissuading Sum Ting from going for Nigella was tactical? I thought Cheryl was being helpful but I am not sure.
cheryl really does lack that spark! She’s stunning but she’s very closed off I don’t get any personality from her when she’s performing compared to people like Baga/Vivienne/Crystal

I found Sumting so awkward to watch on snatch game his responses were straight answers nothing funny it was weird 😂 I wonder what his nigella would have been like there would at least have been more scope for laughs with nigellas style.

Reactions: 3
Same, I tried to give her a chance and I just kept forgetting about her. I don’t think Cheryl is clever enough to intentionally dissuade Sum Ting like Blu— who had an ulterior motive. In that moment, I do think Cheryl was trying to help out and going along with Blu thinking it would genuinely help Sum Ting.

Sir David Attenborough isn’t really a controversial figure that you can poke fun at, so it was a very poor choice from Sum Ting. I would have loved to seen if he could have pulled off Nigella though.

Same, I tried to give her a chance and I just kept forgetting about her. I don’t think Cheryl is clever enough to intentionally dissuade Sum Ting like Blu— who had an ulterior motive. In that moment, I do think Cheryl was trying to help out and going along with Blu thinking it would genuinely help Sum Ting.

Sir David Attenborough isn’t really a controversial figure that you can poke fun at, so it was a very poor choice from Sum Ting. I would have loved to seen if he could have pulled off Nigella though.
Aah yes, it was Blu and Cheryl...I agree, Blu definitely seems to have ulterior motives. I think she just might sneak into the final. I did not enjoy her Mary Berry but the outfits are really good.
Sum Ting was funny on the show/cut ins...just did not translate that to snatch game. As you say, wider scope with Nigella...sad to see Sum Ting go.
At this rate I predict Vivienne winning, deservedly so...maybe a bit of outcry like with Raja winning on DRUS, due to previously knowing Ru.

Aah yes, it was Blu and Cheryl...I agree, Blu definitely seems to have ulterior motives. I think she just might sneak into the final. I did not enjoy her Mary Berry but the outfits are really good.
Sum Ting was funny on the show/cut ins...just did not translate that to snatch game. As you say, wider scope with Nigella...sad to see Sum Ting go.
At this rate I predict Vivienne winning, deservedly so...maybe a bit of outcry like with Raja winning on DRUS, due to previously knowing Ru.
Blu’s jokes so far have been either very ageist or leans slightly more crass; which at first I was like ooh savage. Now I’m like okay we get it, some of the other drag queens are a bit older. Give credit where it’s due though, to be doing drag as long as they have and before it was popular and widely accepted like it is today. Baga can be crass too but at least he can poke fun at himself at the same time.

I agree with you that The Vivienne at this point seems very much likely to win. I really would love an upset though as I don’t want it to be that predictable like it has become with DRUS. The other queens need to step 👏🏻 it 👏🏻 up 👏🏻.

• Heart
I’ve got the same feelings toward Cheryl, I don’t dislike her but I find her a bit dull.

Plus there was SO MUCH she could have done with playing GC but she just didn’t bother. She could of had a huge scarf, big sunglasses, thrown a drink on someone, delivered some classic one liners like “I’m claustrophobic Darren” so many missed opportunities!

• Heart