Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sweetard

I really like Cheryl now too! She’s come out of herself a bit and I find her super funny in the cut clips when they’re not in drag. I think she’s stunning when in drag just adorable. Her runway looks are so basic but I can’t help but really like her.
Have you ever seen Mrs Hinch & Cheryl Hole in the same room?! 👌🏻👀😉

Same style

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

thenomad

VIP Member
This episode made me laugh, made me cry, and made me laugh again. What a roller coaster of an episode. I loved it.

Highlights I enjoyed:
All the one liners: Glue Hydrangea, Carnation Street, "Cheryl's a choreographer, I'm a singer, and Crystal's... skinny", de-spunk my balls.
The Vivienne: struggling to sing-spell break. "B-R-A-C-K...That's brack."
Frock Destroyers: I really love how Divina really leaned into a motherly role as a leader and she helped bring the group together instead of going off as a soloist like The Vivienne tried to do. She understood the challenge and it paid off.
Cheryl Hole: For once Cheryl was memorable! I loved her little expressions during the girl group performance. She's very lucky the challenge was a girl group challenge because I have a feeling she could have easily been in the bottom two again.
The Fake Out: where Filth Harmony was pretending they killed it in practice and then in the dressing room are trying to psych out the Frock Destroyers who didn't buy it. Baga's "Are you mad? Are you mad?!... No".
The Heart to Heart Talk: Divina talking about her struggle of growing up gay during Section 28. Oh my heart. It really hit close to home because my younger brother is gay and he was teased relentlessly for it growing up. We watch Drag Race together even though we live in different cities.
After both performances concluded:
Crystal not getting it and saying: "They weren't bad..." Meanwhile, The Vivienne and Cheryl Hole both with solemn expressions: "No... it was good." "It was good."

Also, does anyone think Michelle Visage and The Vivienne when in drag look similar?

• Heart
Reactions: 12

thenomad

VIP Member
Blu has been one of my favourite (local) queens for years! We usually mostly talk on Facebook liking/commenting on each other’s posts, but whenever we see each other at other drag shows we talk and just have a small catch up and honestly she’s one of the sweetest people in the world!

I love this! Wow congrats on meeting Blu! Her friendship with Cheryl on last's night's episode melted my ice cold black heart. I'm so glad to hear she's just as lovely in person because I have read and heard not so nice things about other UK queens; which is disappointing to say the least.

EDIT:

I am here for Rupaul's Best Friends Drag Race UK. This was cute. I want more behind the scenes stories like this. Not the stupid manufactured cat fights.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
Oh God...
I can’t believe 3 months have passed since DRUK line up was announced.
I have laughed, cried, agreed and rolled my eyes a few times...then come straight to Tattle to see what you all thought.
Thank you all as I have not felt alone watching this series and I can’t wait for the next one!
😘

Reactions: 9

thenomad

VIP Member
I know this season is over and there won't be a new episode tomorrow...

But how cute is this? Love the friendship these queens have with each other (minus Scaredy).

hrh89

VIP Member
Oh my god this episode was amazing!!! Fuck yes Cheryl finally coming through she was insane tonight! Finally warming to Davina she was also fantastic! Baga was sublime and actually I think she may just win this thing. I think it might be between Baga and Davina in the end.

a weird way I kind of liked seeing Viv taken down a peg or two because she obviously thinks she’s going to win the show. She’s obviously incredibly talented but there are people with a little more humility than her who I think I would prefer to win.

I am actually obsessed with this UK version it’s hilarious I don’t know what I’ll do when it’s over. I’m assuming they will continue to make a second season. I’m guessing the ratings have been good.

Well the first time Baga walked in they made a move to rub their hand on their 'vagina' and sniff it and made a face like it was gross. That put me right off and had me rolling my eyes - I like drag as an art form but I find it very misogynistic when drag queens make references to smelly vaginas and call other women 'fish' etc. Some people find drag a form of 'womanface' (like blackface) because of the exagerrated stereotypes of womanhood (big tits, stupid, bitchy etc).

However I warmed to her and find her very very funny. I wonder how she translates to Americans watching because her humour is very very British.

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
Am glad the little upstart scardey cat went; never even been to a drag show (smh). Still no faves for me either. I thought i would love Bagga but she is just annoying me. You are not and will never be Bianca - so there!

Reactions: 8

thenomad

VIP Member
I think The Vivienne will win as she reminds me of the US Queens. Very beautiful & elegant and highly creative with her costumes. Incredible impersonator. Charismatic. I love Divina Di Campo as a representative of U.K. Queens. She’s an absolute professional, highly talented in all areas of entertainment (singing, lipsynching, dancing, acting). She’s honed her craft. Her ‘look’ is less beautiful & more traditional drag if you get my drift. Not better or worse than The Vivienne but markedly different. I have loved Bagga from day 1. She’s more pantomime dame than the other 2 and I love her for it. She’s so funny! I’ll be happy for whoever wins.
You know what, I think this is one where I don’t mind if Vivienne or Divina wins the final tbh. They both have their strengths and weaknesses but overall have been consistently strong. We have seen a lot of growth from both of them. Best of all, everyone does seem to be genuinely good friends with each other, judging from the behind the scenes footage they show on RPDR UK Twitter or the tweets other queens share from the show.

I love Baga’s humor but her looks have been pretty one note for me. Compared to Vivienne or Divina she’s just not on the same level. Not to discredit her talent in any way but I feel the public has shifted quite a bit after Mum-gate last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

hrh89

VIP Member
I find Davina soooo annoying when she’s out of drag and they do the little cut clips.

The Vivienne reminds me so much of the actress that plays Kat Slater I cannot unsee it.

really felt for sumtingwong speaking about his experience with his parents and them not even knowing he is gay or living with a partner.

I find Bagga really annoying sorry 😂 I actually don’t have any favourites which is weird because I thought I would root for at least one person!

Reactions: 7

thenomad

VIP Member
Agree! Those 3 are so talented in their own ways. (Have you seen the clip of Divina on the Voice? Amazing!) The others are all worthy of being there too. It’ll be a close call at the end.
One of my dearest friends who lives in up north is a huge Divina fan and told me she’s amazing. I wasn’t initially sold at first but as the weeks go by I am really enjoying her personality more. Divina really embodies an all around queen— she can sew, sing, dance, and has amazing looks. Her being a veteran really shows. She also isn’t afraid to share (her Maggie Thatcher outfit) and knows how work in a group (episode five). I posted some links above but Divina’s clip also showcases her singing. Impressive pipes! She’s also been retweeting or sharing memes of plaid bags that her fans send her from her episode three runway look.

I was a bit disappointed that The Vivienne gave Eureka for her answer in the US drag queen she wanted to meet the most. Eureka is a racist. Nope.

ComeonLen

Not sure how to add a spoiler tag, so ye be warned!!

The Viv did not deserve to stay based off of that lipsync alone, she’s a much better performer all round but Crystal hands down slayed that lipsync, Viv just stomped around the stage, in the words of RuPaul it was ‘meh’

The episode was bloody awesome though and I’m so proud of how good the show is, completely exceeded my expectations!