Dr Laura GP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s surplus disposable income no doubt, but can’t ever invest in some decent make up, even foundation. I wouldn’t dare go out like that never mind to Instagram! 🥴

Reactions: 2
Here we go again with the brilliant public health advise. Promoting sleepy heads Despite HSE guidelines and SIDS guidelines NOT recommending them due to a direct link with SIDs. But sure if it makes DrLaura a few euro to hell with public safety advise. In two weeks she has promoted the use if a microwave to heat bottles. Advertised baby formula. Obviously had her kids in the car not strapped in properly. Promoted a baby steamer and blender for making baby food but then publicly admitted to forgetting to feed her baby she is weaning. Despite a very long post on giving the baby a bottle and purees with all the companies tagged. And she continues to promote a sleepy head which is totally against SIDs and hse guidelines.
Am curious about how much medical clinical exposure she has actually had. Even if she met one SIDs in her career as a doctor, attended one scalding in A and E of a child.
Came across patients who are homeless lower socio economic status than her she would think twice as a health care professional in promoting the rubbish she does.
She is about as relatable as the Kardashians But at least they are entertaining.

Reactions: 8
Here we go again with the brilliant public health advise. Promoting sleepy heads Despite HSE guidelines and SIDS guidelines NOT recommending them due to a direct link with SIDs. But sure if it makes DrLaura a few euro to hell with public safety advise. In two weeks she has promoted the use if a microwave to heat bottles. Advertised baby formula. Obviously had her kids in the car not strapped in properly. Promoted a baby steamer and blender for making baby food but then publicly admitted to forgetting to feed her baby she is weaning. Despite a very long post on giving the baby a bottle and purees with all the companies tagged. And she continues to promote a sleepy head which is totally against SIDs and hse guidelines.
Am curious about how much medical clinical exposure she has actually had. Even if she met one SIDs in her career as a doctor, attended one scalding in A and E of a child.
Came across patients who are homeless lower socio economic status than her she would think twice as a health care professional in promoting the rubbish she does.
She is about as relatable as the Kardashians But at least they are entertaining.
She also posted on her Instagram that she was drinking wine while pregnant with Romy while the HSE advises that no amount of alcohol is safe in pregnancy. She is so irresponsible, there could be other pregnant mothers taking from that that it’s ok for them to drink too. She may well say it’s her own business but she is in a position of responsibility as a GP and one who has a sizeable following on social media. It’s kind of mind blowing how she carries on. Got loads of freebies from sleepyhead too so she’s not going to say otherwise, wouldn’t want to cut herself off.

Reactions: 5
Dr. Laura is a chancer! She has her eye on the prize €€€ and freebies. I wouldn’t trust her with my dog or pet fish! How does she expect ppl to take her seriously as a medical doctor when she is so careless with her advice and continuously begging. Her lack of experience and expertise is so obvious, I mean resorting to IG to gain paying medical/skin care customers says a lot.

Reactions: 4
As a doctor she is bound to ethics and her medical council. Doctors are not meant to take as much as a pen of pharmaceutical companies to be seen advertising big drug companies. This cashing in on Instagram she is doing in a very grey area but one I'd say the council don't take kindly and am sure they are going to address the position of doctors on social media soon l especially ones that give such terrible public health advise and cash in on it then. It's a privilege to be a doctor and be in her position to work with people at their most vunreable. Her Instagram fame and cashing in is not gona last and while I would say to those who do it good luck to them, but she is bound to ethics and she is crossing the line everyday. She should be holding on to her little registration tight with two hands, cos she is a very small fish in the medical field and the social media field

If she wants to do a mummy post she needs to stop promoting herself as a medical professional. Care to patients is evidence based patient centred and individualised, the small example of saying she is drinking while pregnant to 40k plus people, if she had two women both pregnant coming into her surgery. One lady was an alcoholic, her advise (I'd hope) would be you need to stop drinking immediately you could be doing untold damage. This is highly dangerous for your baby. Second woman drank before she found out she was pregnant, and stopped immediately, her advise would be one of reassurance, more than likely there is little damage, don't be stressing etc.
My point she can't possibly know the history of 40k strangers on her page, and she is giving advise that goes against every principal in her medical handbook.
Even advising Sudafed to dry up breast milk!!!! What if a mother took the the one that can make you drowsy and fell asleep while breastfeeding in her bed.
She needs to know every single person and their history etc before she should dream of making recommendations.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
The Coco bed in Instagram stories tonight is £995, that's about 1,103 euro, everything for the new house seems to be really opulent. I started following Dr Laura due to her promise of breaking down the taboos of women's health, now as a follower I feel really alienated and I doubt I'm the only one. Won't be a follower for too much longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Apologies there was an error in my previous post. The bed being bought is a super king £1145 or 1268 euros. No longer a follower.

The Coco bed in Instagram stories tonight is £995, that's about 1,103 euro, everything for the new house seems to be really opulent. I started following Dr Laura due to her promise of breaking down the taboos of women's health, now as a follower I feel really alienated and I doubt I'm the only one. Won't be a follower for too much longer.
Opulent is the term! In these times you need to be sensitive to ppl’s circumstances. Supporting local comes to mind also. I didn’t follower her in the early days for women’s health but came across her page for skin care and I’ve ended up very disappointed. I don’t follower her anymore but can’t resist looking at her page. Between providing inaccurate baby/medical advice and off in her own little bubble nothing surprises me! I do find her entertaining but for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: 6
I bet she’s going to turn her Insta into a full remodelling / decorating page like Sarah Battle .
(is there thread on her btw? She’s pretty non controversial though isn’t she ? )
Anyways, Dr Laura shared her in bed attending a doctor zoom class thing for skin care this morning .
the fact she things A this is appropriate to show her IN BED learning new skin care topics and B the fact she thinks she is in a position to speak to paying clients after a Zoom class is beyond me . It seems so dangerous

• Haha
She never changes them bed sheets it’s always the pink ones. How has no one noticed and gifted her some?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Had to unfollow her and stop looking and listening to the monotone trying to sell complete shite. Wonder do they read this page??

Reactions: 6
Had to unfollow her and stop looking and listening to the monotone trying to sell complete shite. Wonder do they read this page??
I mentioned about supporting local a few days ago on here when she was talking about how she ordered her new bed from the uk. After that she then posts about supporting local 🤔! Maybe it was a coincidence doubt it thou. If ppl commented on me in a forum I would have to look 👀 too tempting. I think she’s calmed down on the tagging lately!?! If she can afford to open a clinic and buy a new house she can furnish her feicin house! The begging shows her true colours

As a doctor she is bound to ethics and her medical council. Doctors are not meant to take as much as a pen of pharmaceutical companies to be seen advertising big drug companies. This cashing in on Instagram she is doing in a very grey area but one I'd say the council don't take kindly and am sure they are going to address the position of doctors on social media soon l especially ones that give such terrible public health advise and cash in on it then. It's a privilege to be a doctor and be in her position to work with people at their most vunreable. Her Instagram fame and cashing in is not gona last and while I would say to those who do it good luck to them, but she is bound to ethics and she is crossing the line everyday. She should be holding on to her little registration tight with two hands, cos she is a very small fish in the medical field and the social media field

If she wants to do a mummy post she needs to stop promoting herself as a medical professional. Care to patients is evidence based patient centred and individualised, the small example of saying she is drinking while pregnant to 40k plus people, if she had two women both pregnant coming into her surgery. One lady was an alcoholic, her advise (I'd hope) would be you need to stop drinking immediately you could be doing untold damage. This is highly dangerous for your baby. Second woman drank before she found out she was pregnant, and stopped immediately, her advise would be one of reassurance, more than likely there is little damage, don't be stressing etc.
My point she can't possibly know the history of 40k strangers on her page, and she is giving advise that goes against every principal in her medical handbook.
Even advising Sudafed to dry up breast milk!!!! What if a mother took the the one that can make you drowsy and fell asleep while breastfeeding in her bed.
She needs to know every single person and their history etc before she should dream of making recommendations.
Dr Laura was absent on the day they discussed ethics and professional practice. What amazes me is that she makes a point to her followers that she does not offer personal medical advice as she is not their GP. BUT then goes on to offer inaccurate and dangerous baby/medical advice 🤯

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
She seems quite uneducated for a doctor. Lots of incorrect info. Using instagram for money. It's all quite pathetic behavior. She may have surplus money but she clearly has NO class using Instagram to beg for freebies and business.

Reactions: 7
So, I looked up the house she bought. Not hard to find, a house in Galway with a Montessori attached. €750k. 3/4 of a million. Yet begging, begging for freebies. This woman needs to get a grip.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
So, I looked up the house she bought. Not hard to find, a house in Galway with a Montessori attached. €750k. 3/4 of a million. Yet begging, begging for freebies. This woman needs to get a grip.
Totally agree. She has NO shame . Her family are well known around Galway too for owning a popular sweet shop in Salthill

I had to go Back on to have a look at her stories. The nose got the better off me.
She is actually having a laugh?? She just bought a house for 3/4 of a million e. Work out his and her earnings to be able to afford that mortgage. Am not knocking anyone for buying a beautiful home, but quit selling your soul on social media. Literally begging for very expensive free stuff in the middle of a global pandemic. People are am sure going to bed everynight wondering where they are gona get money to buy their wee kiddies toys this year and this is what social media influcencers are "showcasing".
I thought the world had changed but there is Laura begging for an Irish company to post her a free mirror to her large opulent house.
Why not tag the Irish company and ask them to send some food parcels to charities. Or use her platform to do a bit of good. If you call out influencers they accuse you of cyber bullying and block you. Absolutely ridiculous.
No doubt now she sees this she will be all about the charity work 😂
For all her money and hired help, her life still looks a mess and chaos, but not in a relatable way, in a get yourself together and get off social media Laura and get your tit and day together. I can imagine no expence spared on the interior of the house and I will still meeehhhh

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just looked at her stories to see the house. You guys..... #shoplocal.....me..... companies that I tag this is what I want you to send me for free for my new mansion 🙄

She said before she didn’t want to open a gp clinic with HSE because if you do you have to open a certain amount of days per year and do nights🙈think she might be in the wrong career

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.