Dr Laura GP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are we happy that Dr Laura has a announced she has her period ??

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Are we happy that Dr Laura has a announced she has her period ??
Seriously thou this woman has no boundaries! TMI 🤢 who gives a duck about her period. My sisters/ friends/work colleagues have no issue talking about periods if they feel like it 🤷‍♀️. Is it even a thing? On her post she says she now has to consider what type of contraception to use now she is back ovulating. Imagine setting up a GP practice and announcing the type of contraception you are going to use for the world to know. I mean yes talk about them generally. She should try to have some level of professionalism and boundaries in the Dr./ Patient relationship if she is setting up a practice. I would love to know what other GP’s think of her unorthodox approach. I work with a range of HCP and also follow a few on IG the way she behaves baffles me! I think she knows feic all and couldn’t be bothered providing consistent evidence based information to her followers so instead updates us on her periods/ breastfeeding/ kitchen colours. Going to give us a talk on vitamin d but surprise surprise it’s sponsored.

Reactions: 6
She has jumped on this bandwagon now 🙄🙄😂😂. She is about 8 weeks too late. Nobody ever said periods wenrnt normal, people just don't like discussing them with complete strangers and maybe that's OK?? I don't feel the need to discuss my toileting habits with everyone does that mean passing wind, peeing or pooing is taboo not normal?? No most adults know this, just don't feel the need to share. Everyone loves a bandwagon. Dr Laura the Queen of the bandwagon.

• Heart
I am shocked by her public health advise. She actually has not worked as a gp she is brand new setting up a clinic, and now she has decided asthetics aswell., I know GPs do offer asthetics but you will see they may have done a hdip in it or a very intensive course in it at a reputable university not online. All over the place in terms of a career plan, it was womens health not so long ago. She is not an expert in womens health she is not an expert is asthetics. A totally different field in medicine. She is a GP and would do well trying to gain experience in this field. She hasn't actually worked as a GP since she has only finished her GP scheme. A first time mother has already asked under the post is it OK to heat a bottle in the microwave?
As a GP Laura is meant to be promoting my child.ie and the national healthy childhood programme, referring people to look at this for sound evidence based FREE advise for parents. I suppose though the HSE won't pay her extra for doing her job. I really question her basic common sense as a doctor, she said she took sudafed to dry up breast milk, that may work but what about her 40k followers who take this and it interacts with other medication?? Cardiac meds, etc or take it wrong, is she liable??
Am on a rant but I am just shocked the medical counsel have not intervened.
I agree with everything you have said. She is all over the place regarding her career focus, I mean she went to a life coach so she should have it together. If she does things that are not recommended or safe practice at home fine (we all do stuff to cut corners) BUT as a GP why is she promoting these behaviours to other mothers. I can’t understand it. She really lacks common sense, you would have to question her judgment.

Reactions: 4
I cringed when she started to talk about this and sex in front of her little girl. Too young imo, she’s only an innocent little child. Anything for attention.🙄
Also she 100% was advertising formulas, this is so frowned upon in the medical field you aren’t even allowed to encourage any brand, just generics, eg cows milk formula or hydrolysed. (I’m also a Dr, and seeing this could leave her exposed to the medical council)

Reactions: 9
She actually only qualified as a gp a few months ago and has had 3 babies during her training. Her last GP exam was online 🙈would seriously make you wonder

She’s dishing out all of this parent advice but yet she’s “still working” while on maternity leave and has a full time childminder and her parents to help her but is so “relatable”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
[/QUO
I cringed when she started to talk about this and sex in front of her little girl. Too young imo, she’s only an innocent little child. Anything for attention.🙄
Also she 100% was advertising formulas, this is so frowned upon in the medical field you aren’t even allowed to encourage any brand, just generics, eg cows milk formula or hydrolysed. (I’m also a Dr, and seeing this could leave her exposed to the medical council)

She clearly has not read the HSE, WHO code of marketing of breast milk substitutes.

She actually only qualified as a gp a few months ago and has had 3 babies during her training. Her last GP exam was online 🙈would seriously make you wonder

She’s dishing out all of this parent advice but yet she’s “still working” while on maternity leave and has a full time childminder and her parents to help her but is so “relatable”
Eh..... when you put it like that. You wouldn’t be going near her as a GP. Let alone for Botox
Actually , the photo of her and Romy (still cringe at that name 🥴..) for Water Wipes, she looked like she has gotten Botox . Did you think her cheeks looked weird?

Reactions: 3
Curious did anyone attend the zoom skin care chat with Simone Scribes? Was it any good? I follow Simone and really enjoy her page. I think Dr Laura was very clever getting so many ppl to sign up for the zoom. She now has their email addresses, all very handy for her new business and trying to get paying customers 💰💰💰 She also encouraged ppl to sign up for her news letter today but of course you have to provide a email. Does she think we can’t see through this behaviour!

Curious did anyone attend the zoom skin care chat with Simone Scribes? Was it any good? I follow Simone and really enjoy her page. I think Dr Laura was very clever getting so many ppl to sign up for the zoom. She now has their email addresses, all very handy for her new business and trying to get paying customers 💰💰💰 She also encouraged ppl to sign up for her news letter today but of course you have to provide a email. Does she think we can’t see through this behaviour!
I love Simone and am really disappointed that she would agree to do it with this twit . I would think Simone would know way more than DR L about skincare even . I was half tempted to sign up but then I saw you’d to email her clinic address I was like no thanks !

I love Simone and am really disappointed that she would agree to do it with this twit . I would think Simone would know way more than DR L about skincare even . I was half tempted to sign up but then I saw you’d to email her clinic address I was like no thanks !
I agree that Simone would know a lot more about skin care than Little Miss Greedy. Simone trials lots of products and I feel gives a honest opinion. I have bought lots of products she has recommended. I like that she is not all #ad. The zoom is an obvious ploy for DR. Laura to lure more ppl to her page and clinic! She has to pay for that new kitchen somehow! Hopefully somebody can give us an update on the zoom. It was bedtime in this house no point signing up but I’d love to know was it any good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I agree that Simone would know a lot more about skin care than Little Miss Greedy. Simone trials lots of products and I feel gives an honest opinion. I have bought lots of products she has recommended. I like that she is not all #ad. The zoom is an obvious ploy for DR. Laura to lure more ppl to her page and clinic! She has to pay for that new kitchen somehow! Hopefully somebody can give us an update on the zoom. It was bedtime in this house no point signing up but I’d love to know was it any good.
Exactly same asme ! Was bedtime in this house and I remember thinking it was a funny time to have it at as most people with young kids it is the bed time ..
Yes if anyone was on it would love to know !

The skin newsletter was just links to buy obagi and medik8 from her website. It wasn’t a newsletter of skin secrets like she said. It was pushing products . The monosyllabic monotone is painful. Boring and bland

Reactions: 7
Did anyone actually attend the zoom call???Is she begging for a local shop to give her a free oven???? By asking what one to get and pretending to be in a real dilemma over it? If you are buying a new house you are acutely aware of the price of large appliances at least 6 months before purchase and be making provisions for them. Her pretending she can't afford a new oven???!!!
Is she hoping a kitchen man or a local appliance store is gona jump onto this and fit her home out for free.
Am so tired of the sense of entitlement of influencers it disgusts me. Getting free looking for free stuff, I mean she is a flipping doctor and her husband is off on PAID leave playing golf everyday the golf courses where opened. How does the rest of us mortals fit out our homes????!!!!!!

Reactions: 8
I unfollowed for this very reason the blatant tagging of shops and items and household accounts, glad I unfollowed before they moved to new house as will just give me rage tbh at the potential freebies she may get especially in these times. I don't understand how influencers are so tone deaf to their followers with what's happening at the moment.
I followed her at first as I am expecting and was interested in her stories about csection especially during covid times and info re breastfeeding and did find these informative but unfortunately shes now like the rest so an unfollow from me

It's exactly why I followed her. Am a neonatal nurse and had a baby the same time as her.
So as a health care professional the terrible public health advise she gives to new mothers disgusts me. She has 40k plus, she has no idea of their background. The only advise she should give is HSE, my child.ie
Free resources that are evidence based.
Then on a personal level she is constantly looking for Freebies and now a new oven and kitchen she has to be taking the piss.

Reactions: 9
Did anyone actually attend the zoom call???Is she begging for a local shop to give her a free oven???? By asking what one to get and pretending to be in a real dilemma over it? If you are buying a new house you are acutely aware of the price of large appliances at least 6 months before purchase and be making provisions for them. Her pretending she can't afford a new oven???!!!
Is she hoping a kitchen man or a local appliance store is gona jump onto this and fit her home out for free.
Am so tired of the sense of entitlement of influencers it disgusts me. Getting free looking for free stuff, I mean she is a flipping doctor and her husband is off on PAID leave playing golf everyday the golf courses where opened. How does the rest of us mortals fit out our homes????!!!!!!
As you say pretending she can’t afford a new oven but how much were those boots she bought recently. I think around €400? Definitely a sense of entitlement. I imagine that they are buying around Salthill the most expensive part of Galway. She does not care that her begging is blatantly obvious to her followers. I know those stupid questions she puts up playing all innocent, pull the other one Dr. Laura your followers are not stupid. She is very full of herself, she thinks she is in the same league as other home/ interior bloggers like Sarah Battle and Triona from Cherington house not a hope!! Does she think having the qualification of Dr. entitles her to a kitted out home! Her IG page is a joke!! As said earlier she definitely brings out the rage in me!

Is she moving next week did she say ? I’m so Intrigued to see the new house !

Reactions: 2
Yes she was buying in one of the most expensive areas in Galway but can’t afford a new oven🙈I stopped following because I couldn’t handle all the begging and entitlement
Maybe she’ll get someone looking to do work experience to paint her house for her😂

• Haha
She keeps shitting on about setting up her own clinic - is this some sort of online thing she’s planning? Setting up your own practice is an absolutely massive undertaking - buying one, taking over a GMS list, buying into a partnership, working your way in over a number of years to become a partner. It’s definitely not just a case of popping your name on a building an boom, all done. I don’t think she has the work ethic, the cop on, or the know how to actually go out on her own and run a business

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.