Dr Joshua Wolrich - Drjoshuawolrich

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have very mixed feelings on his messages. He is obviously very anti-diet and a big advocate of health at every size. I have anorexia so I'm susceptible to the harm that society's focus on dieting and weight can bring, but I'm not sure I'm on board with the straightforward idea that obesity can be healthy just as it is not healthy for me to be underweight.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I have very mixed feelings on his messages. He is obviously very anti-diet and a big advocate of health at every size. I have anorexia so I'm susceptible to the harm that society's focus on dieting and weight can bring, but I'm not sure I'm on board with the straightforward idea that obesity can be healthy just as it is not healthy for me to be underweight.
Agree completely! I feel they're are definitely failures by the NHS and most slimming groups are the devil but some of the stuff people say on there is so damaging I just think as a doctor he should be more responsible with his message

Reactions: 4
The irony being, he's obsessed with his looks and weight. He's not an expert, he's not even an experienced dr. Just another bored priviledge twit wanting to be a tv dr.

Reactions: 12
The irony being, he's obsessed with his looks and weight. He's not an expert, he's not even an experienced dr. Just another bored priviledge twit wanting to be a tv dr.
Yep his insta was a diet page to start. Once he lost all the weight, he changed his tune. Most people who lose a lot of weight seem to become very preachy and start telling others to ditch the diet mindset and that the scales don’t matter. STFU, of course they matter if you are on a diet. Scales and a tape measure will determine your progress.

Reactions: 9
Yep his insta was a diet page to start. Once he lost all the weight, he changed his tune. Most people who lose a lot of weight seem to become very preachy and start telling others to ditch the diet mindset and that the scales don’t matter. STFU, of course they matter if you are on a diet. Scales and a tape measure will determine your progress.
Didn't he lose his weight in a really unhealthy way too? I remember him posting about it a while ago.

Reactions: 2
He's a smug privileged twit who has turned into the type of instagrammer he regularly complains about. It seems like every instagrammer is doing what he's done and releasing a book and podcast. I don't get how people can trust many of these anti diet instagrammers. They are mainly either people who are already thin and haven't had to worry about their weight or former fat people who have lost weight and look like they have managed to keep it off. I don't agree with the message he promotes around weight loss. Of course weight loss won't work for everyone but for many people it does and i don't think it should be written of just because he may of had a bad experience with losing weight.

Reactions: 8
Didn't he lose his weight in a really unhealthy way too? I remember him posting about it a while ago.
I’m not sure. I think he just dieted. I feel like all these ‘anti diet’ accounts are just finding new ways to shill a diet. Not every person who diets will end up with an eating disorder. Some people will need to diet. If they don’t the consequences will be worse than if they stayed at the weight they are.

Surely saying food isn’t medicine and the vitamins and chemicals in them don’t actually benefit you is a harmful message? I’m just so confused by what he’s actually getting at and the fact he’s supposed to be a dr we are supposed to trust for accurate information and like a poster above said the whole health at any size doesn’t sit well with me

Surely saying food isn’t medicine and the vitamins and chemicals in them don’t actually benefit you is a harmful message? I’m just so confused by what he’s actually getting at and the fact he’s supposed to be a dr we are supposed to trust for accurate information and like a poster above said the whole health at any size doesn’t sit well with me
That’s such an odd message. I think because some of the anti vaxxers are saying that all you need is food and vitamin D he’s trying to say the opposite. As someone with a health condition, western medicine plus a good well balanced diet is vital for us all. Food cannot cure most illnesses. The HAES movement I think refers more to activity. You can move your body at any size. I’m a size 18 and workout everyday but I just eat too much. I’m healthy but may not be in a few years when I’m older!

Reactions: 2
Him having Stephanie yeboah as recent guest on his podcast really annoyed me. For someone who seems to have rather progressive views when it comes to social justice and wants to be seen as woke why did he decide to have her on his podcast when she has previously said antisemitic things on social media. She ended up getting fired from the job she had just started at grazia magazine for the antisemitic things she said on social media.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I hate him, I hate his superiority complex, I hate his girlfriend’s jaw line and smug demeanour, I hate that he’s a bigger prick than his pet hedgehog, I hate that he’s trying to pretend to be interested in the health of the country when he’d deep throat James Smith himself for a 15 minute slot on TV.... in summary, I hate him.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I hate him, I hate his superiority complex, I hate his girlfriend’s jaw line and smug demeanour, I hate that he’s a bigger prick than his pet hedgehog, I hate that he’s trying to pretend to be interested in the health of the country when he’d deep throat James Smith himself for a 15 minute slot on TV.... in summary, I hate him.
Woah don’t hold back 😅😜

LOL, I can't believe people eat up (no pun intended) his crap.

He seems like such a fame bleep too; ran to the press (The DM although now he claims he's above it) when he had his weight loss insta page where he spoke about the need to 'lose the dangerous extra pounds.'

Then the body po/fat acceptance movement started to get steam and he switched up his views to profit from that.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
LOL, I can't believe people eat up (no pun intended) his crap.

He seems like such a fame bleep too; ran to the press (The DM although now he claims he's above it) when he had his weight loss insta page where he spoke about the need to 'lose the dangerous extra pounds.'

Then the body po/fat acceptance movement started to get steam and he switched up his views to profit from that.
Yep like every other big diet page they all switched to the Body positive movement the minute that diets became ‘dangerous’. I can guarantee that if he was still big, he’d still be a diet page. Plus I thought the BOPO movement was for POC who were being excluded due to their shape and skin colour?

Me too. He kinda gives me the boak by how much he loves himself. I find him repugnant. And also what are all the hand movements about now?
7F02537B-76C8-47D9-A879-C79DC8421B69.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I can’t stand him either, he’s just another self-serving instahun with a title

He he's a total instawank. Full of himself. The very personification of white priviledge and thin priviledge. So desperate to be a tv dr. You'd think with the rigourous application for medicine they'd root out these people who just want to be famous and on tv. Goes against the concept of being a Dr.

• Haha
B8ACE193-59A5-4436-8B82-5803D947CDEC.jpeg

This paragraph is from a recent post where he was annoyed with coverage he got from the Daily Mail ie they were focusing on his weight loss and how he looked 4 years ago. I am overweight myself and would never fat shame anybody but I am so sick of hearing about how “disordered” these instagramers eating was when they posted every meal and rammed down our throats about eating everything just in moderation. Dr Toshua Wankrich is clearly cut from the same cloth as all these other weight loss accounts that preach about healthy eating and body positivity when in actual fact they are lying to themselves as well as us, the follows.