Dr Jessica Taylor #7 Unexpected ITIM in the Bragging Area

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Says someone who makes her employees sign an NDA allowing her to put her name on any of their work
She's an embarrassment. She thinks people are taking her (wholly unoriginal) ideas when most people wouldn't be caught dead in the same room as someone with such little professional integrity.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She literally took my name off everything I designed for the business. 😆

Did me a favour tho, happy to remove my association with her. Cheers, Jess. 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Being a nice human 101 is uplifting ur staff...

Even with her new book (dont even wanna mention more as so triggering) ...."me and my team are so proud"
Isnt her team like 4 people? Why cant she give them a shout out or put their names on her website or on victim focus socials? Why it only her? Is she running a cult?

Reactions: 3

Even with her new book (dont even wanna mention more as so triggering) ...."me and my team are so proud"
Isnt her team like 4 people? Why cant she give them a shout out or put their names on her website or on victim focus socials? Why it only her? Is she running a cult?
Even when she does name someone else to ostensibly praise them, it's always so she can bring the focus back to herself.

Reactions: 4
Yes she would only mention her team if
Bragging about how big it is
How much it has grown
And who would have thought a teenage dropout could have now become a successful ceo etc..

• Haha
'Why are you being so mean?' is so pathetically childish! He told them exactly why he was criticising them and someone who is charging people £90 to come and hear her talk about something she has no knowledge of, and actively target women who have experienced trauma with her substandard products and dangerous ideas, well I'm sorry 'darling' but this is not the school playground, and saying 'don't be mean' is not really an adequate response.

Reactions: 5
They are much meaner frequently.

Calling people everything under the sun and suggesting he is stupid and couldnt write an academic paper? Just because he challenged her process
Not her....her process.

I dont know much about peer review but i dont know if its adequate to say she uses it...

Several peer reviewers who she has thanked and had fluffy dialogues with online and who seem to be her friends?

Is it not meant to be a professional relationship free from bias?

She does not want any credit, attention or focus on any of the staff team, that’s obvious. She’s stifling them, very interesting move from someone who promotes ambition for women and values it so highly. If staff have chosen to stay incognito, that’s different, but I would bet she’s using the ‘I don’t want you to be affected by the attacks / hate I receive online’ card, appearing to act protectively and seem like she cares about their safety.

They are much meaner frequently.

Calling people everything under the sun and suggesting he is stupid and couldnt write an academic paper? Just because he challenged her process
Not her....her process.

I dont know much about peer review but i dont know if its adequate to say she uses it...

Several peer reviewers who she has thanked and had fluffy dialogues with online and who seem to be her friends?

Is it not meant to be a professional relationship free from bias?
You're not even supposed to know who the peer reviewers are, so no, they're not supposed to be your followers on twitter! As far as I can see for a journal article, it is the editors of the journal who organise peer review. Of course, as they publish themselves this conveniently circumvents genuine peer review, so they send their stuff to a few of their mates and then claim that it has been peer reviewed, knowing full well that most of their followers don't know what it really is. Peer review as people within the field, not peer as in 'your mates'.

Reactions: 9
Why it only her? Is she running a cult?
She would bloody love to run a cult with loads of people taking in her every word like her brainwashed wife.
The thing is cult leaders are very charismatic. She is not. On the surface she can appear to be but I think you see beyond her bullshit very quickly. Those of you who have worked at victim focus, how long did it take for reality to kick in? I would imagine not very long.

Reactions: 3
I mean, in what world is this person qualified to peer review a 'trauma manual'? It's just back scratching and mutual advertising. It's pretty sickening in actual fact....https://onepieceofadvice.com.au/the-author/

Reactions: 6
You're not even supposed to know who the peer reviewers are, so no, they're not supposed to be your followers on twitter! As far as I can see for a journal article, it is the editors of the journal who organise peer review. Of course, as they publish themselves this conveniently circumvents genuine peer review, so they send their stuff to a few of their mates and then claim that it has been peer reviewed, knowing full well that most of their followers don't know what it really is. Peer review as people within the field, not peer as in 'your mates'.
So it is wildly duplicitous to call it peer review, and a lie.
---
And she keeps banging on about how she has worked with thousands of people....to make it sound like she is a treating osychologist who coubdels huge numbers.

Cashiers work with thousands of people or anyone in retail. Anyone working in an organisation literally walks by thousands of people. To suggest this makes her a "professional" in the psycholgy and trauma treatment sphere is so dishonest and shows no ethics.

It’s not peer reviewed in any way. Book reviews by anyone who will write a positive one. Any negative reviews have been dismissed by her

Reactions: 2
I know the CMA take a dim view of possible review manipulation and they did look at reviews on various sites in relation to products/ services sold as it's a huge global problem.

The early negative review on Amazon that was removed, reappeared, removed, reappeared was by an identifiable verified purchaser who made defensible points. That it eventually permanently disappeared was a massive red flag (to add to the bunting).

I don't understand how you can continue to claim to be an academic psychologist. (Academic Psychology being the claim on which award of BPS Chartered Status is predicated) if you are not actively attatched/affiliated to an ACADEMIC institution. It's not really a very high bar to be able to claim it based on a self funded PhD.
A relationship with an Academic institution would give comfort on ethics & peer review. From the perspective of an informed outsider it seems a gray area and makes me sceptical of any assurances on professionalism or professional status by that body.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I know the CMA take a dim view of possible review manipulation and they did look at reviews on various sites in relation to products/ services sold as it's a huge global problem.

The early negative review on Amazon that was removed, reappeared, removed, reappeared was by an identifiable verified purchaser who made defensible points. That it eventually permanently disappeared was a massive red flag (to add to the bunting).

I don't understand how you can continue to claim to be an academic psychologist. (Academic Psychology being the claim on which award of BPS Chartered Status is predicated) if you are not actively attatched/affiliated to an ACADEMIC institution. It's not really a very high bar to be able to claim it based on a self funded PhD.
A relationship with an Academic institution would give comfort on ethics & peer review. From the perspective of an informed outsider it seems a gray area and makes me sceptical of any assurances on professionalism or professional status by that body.
there has been a very poor response from BPC in general on all JTs ethics.
I suspect it may be that VF is an org on its own (although only fairly recently) there’s a loophole. She’s doing research (on paper, in reality a different issue) within an org.

Reactions: 2

Unfortunately by continuijg to put the review up after amazon removed it, jess could have claimed stalking etc. I have no idea on what technicalities it was removed but it needed the heat taken out of it and potentially the author could have got support from amazon.

Or they are just terrible.

Reactions: 1
I wonder why Jess, writing with her wife, would not want to discuss coercive control? I guess she doesn’t want Jaimi opening her eyes to and giving too much thought to coercion 🤔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.