Dr Jessica Taylor #7 Unexpected ITIM in the Bragging Area

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She wonders why many radical feminists, and RF organisations are critical of her and plays victim in the most narcissistic way (‘they’re just jealous’). As pointed out here the RF community supported her rise to fame and fortune, expecting nothing back but consistency and mutual support. Her actions against SA and her female staff team, her individualist and liberal applications of ‘feminism’, demonstrate her inability to commit to basic principles of sisterhood. On the gender issue, she’s a coward and has chosen to flip sides because of the potential impact on her finances. That will never be forgiven by the many women who stuck their necks out to support her.

Another example of her very liberal politics - radical feminists do not want statues - again, mimicking patriarchal hierarchies and monuments to men who have, in many cases, dubious records when it comes to colonialism, misogyny etc. She is so limited in her scope that the only form of success for her is to match up with important men within the patriarchy, rather than challenge the whole system. These kind of posts reveal her true agenda and it’s all about her, never all women.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hi I'm new here

Backstory: been following these threads for ages since realised the unhinged one is not quite right during the Amber Heard v Johnny Depp trial.
I was following the live court case every day and her IG feed. Over time, her IG feed was becoming pretty deranged and angry on the subject yet it was also very clear that she herself wasn't following the trial whatsoever but she was making really such concrete and damaging remarks and flaming other commentators and innocent people who tried to point out 'hey that's not what happened in court today'.

Since then it's all been downhill for me. I feel a bit sick thinking of her and reading up all the stuff about her here. I had a therapist who recommended her to me, I bought her book. I'd already felt a bit sickly with her IG feed before all that, tbh it seemed a bit in yer face and I didn't really want to see quite so much of her breasts and her and the missus on endless drinking sessions and holidays.

The recent strap on jokes coming from both sides, I just don't get it, it's so incredibly inappropriate and toxic. The relationship itself, so questionable. Anyway I've said enough, she makes me feel icky and grubby and something ain't right. I think maybe the pair of them or at least one of them are hopeless Narcs and they're acting so unconsciously it's giving second hand cringe.
---
I was also thinking surely it's the other way round, that illnesses are frequently misdiagnosed as being menopause?
100% that has been my experience. For decades, mental health issues I've been struggling with have been dismissed by medical professionals as 'maybe starting an early menopause', 'maybe the beginning of the peri-menopause' etc. Well, I'm a certain age now and STILL haven't started the menopause plus my hormones are stable and I have active follicles and egg release cycles - all now proven because I had to have some in depth investigations. So... what does that mean for my struggles that have been dismissed out of hand for well over 20 years!? :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Interesting and terrifying that a therapist recommended her...

I think it was a bit off, her involvment with amber heard, and the whole group...proudman, eve barlow etc...was kind of sad to me that they all seemed quite fame hungry. At least Jessica was for sure, she didnt follow the trial, as she didnt know who adam waldman was, but thats ok, just not if she is going to aggressively insert herself presenting herself as amber's confidante.

It is a pattern with her with big cases in the media she retweets, even to the point of triggering and harming people...

I guess a few people fall for it every time and she increases her following.

Reactions: 4

Hmm...

Code for: i will protest and spin u as crazy if u report my or my "friends" misdeeds (but really mine...this is about me) to regulators.

Oh yes, I did report a huge portion of my staff to police, and try get critics fired for their jobs. No, when I do it, its very special. I am a queen and I can report anyone I like. But dont report me, you fixated stalkers.

Reactions: 8

Hmm...

Code for: i will protest and spin u as crazy if u report my or my "friends" misdeeds (but really mine...this is about me) to regulators.

Oh yes, I did report a huge portion of my staff to police, and try get critics fired for their jobs. No, when I do it, its very special. I am a queen and I can report anyone I like. But dont report me, you fixated stalkers.
‘…who are clearly obsessed with her…’

Yeah that’s a Jessica classic. As always, it’s really about her.
---
Also not convinced by ‘I care about Charlotte’. Charlotte will be dropped like a hot potato as soon as her utility has expired, or if she ever challenges Jessica (unlikely).

Reactions: 7
Bit like her vexatiously reporting SA and others to police and other orgs because they’ve publicly called out her bullshit. Pot, kettle and black.

Reactions: 7
I'm out of the loop, who is this Charlotte she's referring to?
Charlotte Proudman has a very similar MO as Jess - she's a family lawyer who deliberately gives the false impression that she's an expert in criminal law. Posts a lot of content for shock value, clicks, engagement, etc. Also a lot of things that may be true but she phrases them in a very harmful way e.g. with Jess it's "if you are raped your whole family will sign police statements calling you a liar" with Charlotte it's "if your husband is a paedophile the family court will force you to allow him access/visits even if you can prove he abused your kids too." And she was in on the Amber Heard trial as well

Reactions: 6
I care about Charlotte translates to Charlotte is currently of use to me.

Charlotte Proudman. https://www.charlotteproudman.com/
And it makes me look like a sociable, genuine person to have friends. So i will post my "care" on social media because thats as much as I know about friendship.

Remember their posts "laughing" together and making faces to show "friendship." Staged af.

What "friends" does she have other than Charlotte? Or people like Sarah McGrath whom she might see when they're in town but otherwise they don't have a friendship. Says she's got lots of lesbian friends but clearly doesn't, otherwise she wouldn't be spouting garbage on her podcast about how butch women have no femininity and are just poorly trying to emulate men. Her entire circle/social life seems to be Jaimi and vice versa

It pisses me off that she has had 1 same sex relationship (with someone who she groomed since she was a teenager so she was able to mould her to be exactly what she wants her to be) and she thinks she’s the expert on lesbianism and can sit around slagging off other lesbians who don’t conform to the way she thinks they should act. Of course it’s because they all want to sleep with her 🤢

Reactions: 15
It was interesting reading the opinion piece in Counsel by CP.

How the information, claims & experiences are presented, whether they are fleshed out, and how they are juxtaposed needs to be analysed.

I recognised an reference to a twitter spat re the Glitter (Gary) sentencing issue. Although the other person was not named I understand it was the Secret Barrister & I would imagine the vast majority of readers of Counsel would be aware of who is being 《no》 namechecked at various points in the piece.

I see the value of CP's work but feel a sense of unease at how things are presented in this article.

As a general issue and not specifically related to the Counsel article how people think and the opinions they hold may be as susceptible to influence as their buying decisions are to advertisers. What, if any, are the relationships between the commissioning editor and the writer? Are the subject and writer/commissioner both repped by the same agency? Transparency and being aware of connections and vested interests is essential. Being able to acknowledge injustices whilst remaining alive to contradictions and flaws of logic that should not go unanswered however emotive the subject or situation is important.

Reactions: 1
It was interesting reading the opinion piece in Counsel by CP.

How the information, claims & experiences are presented, whether they are fleshed out, and how they are juxtaposed needs to be analysed.

I recognised an reference to a twitter spat re the Glitter (Gary) sentencing issue. Although the other person was not named I understand it was the Secret Barrister & I would imagine the vast majority of readers of Counsel would be aware of who is being 《no》 namechecked at various points in the piece.

I see the value of CP's work but feel a sense of unease at how things are presented in this article.

As a general issue and not specifically related to the Counsel article how people think and the opinions they hold may be as susceptible to influence as their buying decisions are to advertisers. What, if any, are the relationships between the commissioning editor and the writer? Are the subject and writer/commissioner both repped by the same agency? Transparency and being aware of connections and vested interests is essential. Being able to acknowledge injustices whilst remaining alive to contradictions and flaws of logic that should not go unanswered however emotive the subject or situation is important.
Jess waxing lyrical about her friend, about how CP is facing online abuse and how complaints about her have wasted people's time purely to harass her, is so bleeping hypocritical considering that's exactly the tactics Jess used against Sally Ann!

Also the fact that herself, her wife, Charlotte Proudman and Eve Barlow were calling themselves "Amber's Avengers" not so long ago, this line at the end of her tweet just added an extra level of cringe for me: "Stokie chavs turned horsewomen of the apocalypse… ASSEMBLE"

Reactions: 3
The whole "I'm just a Stokie chav!" thing is just another way she's stuck in the past/ thinks she's still a teenager. She often shares pictures of herself as a teenager with captions like "look how far this bolshy little chav came!" Being working class isn't the reason people dislike you, Jess. The reason is you're a vain, arrogant, bullying, lying narcissist

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Her latest Substack post (paywalled, remember how she hated that?) is about how "trauma" causes physical health problems and in it she says she's had "life-changing" health news. I truly hope she's OK, however, this shows how manipulative she is. First claiming that getting with Jaimi magically cured all her health problems but then later saying "all these nasty trolls bully me when they know I have so many health issues from the abuse!"

Her latest Substack post (paywalled, remember how she hated that?) is about how "trauma" causes physical health problems and in it she says she's had "life-changing" health news. I truly hope she's OK, however, this shows how manipulative she is. First claiming that getting with Jaimi magically cured all her health problems but then later saying "all these nasty trolls bully me when they know I have so many health issues from the abuse!"
I also wonder whether this is building up to cancelling NZ trips due to poor health ( poor ticket sales).

Reactions: 8
Virtually everything she writes is further proof that she has never worked in healthcare, nor even spent that much time as a patient. The idea that 'psychological' distress can cause 'physical' health problems (in quotation marks because it's a false dichotomy - the brain doesn't live in its own magic vacuum-packed compartment, it's part of the body too) is not new, radical, or rare. The most basic example out there: hypothalamus-pituitary axis (brain!) regulates the adrenal synthesis of cortisol, and when we're stressed our cortisol levels rise. One thing cortisol does is to increase our blood glucose levels, which is just what we need if we're having to sprint away from an attacker, but which becomes significantly less helpful if we're exposed to very frequent threats and are in a constant state of anxiety. Simply put, this puts people living in that state at a greater risk of developing type 2 diabetes mellitus. Here is a pretty comprehensive literature review on that (and before Jessica tweets the link with the caption, "I'm so glad people are finally listening to what we've been saying all along", it was published in 2016 and it cites research that came out eight years before Jessica was even born). This is just one example. I could cite so much research about the impact of psychological trauma on various body systems off the top of my head. Doctors know this stuff. Clinical and health psychologists know this stuff. If Jessica actually did some serious work as an academic, she'd know it too, but she doesn't want to carry out and publish research, she wants to publish rants about how radically insightful she is compared to health professionals - headed with the obligatory selfie, of course, which seems to be her version of an abstract.

The spiel about how people prefer to believe they have diseases rather than face up to the fact that they're traumatised makes me quite angry in this context. Diabetes, osteoporosis, and rheumatoid arthritis are diseases, Jessica, diseases that can be precipitated or exacerbated by psychological trauma. You know what? It's OK to admit that, because there's actually nothing to admit! It's not a crime, a character flaw, or a moral or political failing to develop a health condition, and saying, "I have XYZ condition" is not a denial of psychosocial factors. It's just a statement of fact.

She really needs to stop priming women to think that it reflects badly on them to get ill, or that illness and personal strength are somehow mutually exclusive. This itself is pretty patriarchal thinking.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
And yet she doesn't believe physical conditions can cause mental illness (such as that menopause can trigger depression, delirium is caused by disease/infection, or a condition like epilepsy can lead to hallucinations.) It's all TRAUMA!!!!11

Reactions: 9

I find this so funny, how is she making it better for her friend?
"I'm so sick of people insulting CP. Here are some of the insults they use. So sick of it! So sick of horrible comments about her looks...her personality....here I proceed to go into great detail about comments I may or may not have seen about her....shocking, right?..."

I've not seen any comments about Charlottes appearance and if this was my friend posting like this, only drawing attention to the trolling for her own agenda (to bring it back to herself and how outspoken women get misogynistic harrassment) id be pissed! You are doing the same thing, Jess! No one was talking about her appearance....til you started it...

I don't know much about Charlotte Proudman, but the only thing that makes me raise an eyebrow is she voluntarily associates with and supports JT. She seems to court media attention but who knows if she has achieved a great deal otherwise ... It's just her self promotion and influencer style approach to presenting herself that doesnt seem right to me.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.