Dr Jessica Taylor #7 Unexpected ITIM in the Bragging Area

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel that's what happens with people like her...the shock value wanes...and seeing her in debate with anyone talented or evolved it becomes glaringly obvious she is a one trick pony.

She posts selfies every day and this is honestly quite vain. It is framed as a lesson on self-love - but its just her face ad nauseum. She strikes me as a person in pain with a fragile ego but for many i think watching her play her games online is boring and shallow.

The people i enjoy following give voice to others and help me learn and grow...and she always, always beings everything back to her special power and beauty and importance. Its all just to sell her stuff and get ur money. Which she does, as many of us bought her stuff. But how many people continue to buy her things after seeing what they are?

Reactions: 6
It's starting to read like she's trying to convince herself here, increasingly self aggrandising claims to a rapidly diminishing audience.

Reactions: 8
Yes, i didnt realise how little fan base she has. It is the same 10 people. I see them defending her with her own lines, how she is super experienced, a forensic psychologist, an expert, and that she is trolled ....idk its the same ten people. She still has some loyalists for sure, and i feel bad for them because she is only interested in them, in my opinion, as to how they benefit her, financially, with content, or with likes.

Latest podcast episode is about how a 22-year-old woman in a viral video was made fun of because she is a jet pilot. It's a full Jess bingo card: "everyone hates young women! we're so young! we're so infantilised! everyone treats my wife like a child and that's why they don't like our relationship! older feminists are just jealous of us! nasty, bitter old women don't want us young ones to have anything! and they hate us because we're beautiful and feminine!!!11" Jess: you're still not a teenager

Reactions: 5
Her obsession with her own alleged youth is delusional. She's a couple of years younger than me and she looks like my mother. Not that it matters to anyone except her.

Reactions: 8
Yes, i didnt realise how little fan base she has. It is the same 10 people. I see them defending her with her own lines, how she is super experienced, a forensic psychologist, an expert, and that she is trolled ....idk its the same ten people. She still has some loyalists for sure, and i feel bad for them because she is only interested in them, in my opinion, as to how they benefit her, financially, with content, or with likes.
I saw one of herfans (they were recently anyway) asking in FB group for info/research around effects of contraceptive pill the other day. People were giving charities. When pointed out try journals and scholar etc they hadn’t thought of that
This person has regularly said how JTs research is great and done well/ethically

Reactions: 4

Recycle rubbish, save the planet!
I could easily reword that for her to be more accurate

I steal womens life stories and use them without consent for my books so I can make money from their experiences. Then I lie about having consent and frame them as liars, mentally unwell or fan girls who are now stalking and harassing me because they have gone public with what I’ve done.

I give unsolicited advice about medications that has resulted in at least one woman stopping her meds and being sectioned.

I treated most of my staff like tit because they wouldn’t blow smoke up my arse and some had the audacity to challenge my use of using womens experiences in my book without consent so I sacked them just before Christmas.

I lie incessantly on my CV just because I can

Ive had the worst case of PTSD ever seen before but now I tweet that it doesn’t actually exist (but if it did I still had it worse than anyone ever)

I am the most amazing academic with a genius brain fuelled by beliefs of grandeur

I just love it all being about me me me.

Last but not least I really am the best grifter I’ve ever known.

Others call me out on my bullshit but I block them and won’t enter into any adult conversations as I am always right and everyone else is super jealous of me and my success.

I guess we are all at different stages of our personal development however my stage is the best because I’m the best innit!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 13

She doesn’t distant diagnose…. But….
She doesn’t pathologise…. But….
when she things she can get some attention….

She doesn’t distant diagnose…. But….
She doesn’t pathologise…. But….
when she things she can get some attention….
And people think this is fair and interesting commentary on celeb mental health because she is in the mental health field...she is someone with a tenuous connection to academia and no clinical experience.

Interesting how she frames it as clinical "concern" when it is just gossip and bit her place in any ay to comment.

And people think this is fair and interesting commentary on celeb mental health because she is in the mental health field...she is someone with a tenuous connection to academia and no clinical experience.

Interesting how she frames it as clinical "concern" when it is just gossip and bit her place in any ay to comment.
If anyone is interested in a genuinely respectful and empathic take on Lewis Capaldi's disability, please read this Twitter thread by Dr Frances Ryan. She's a physically disabled academic who writes a lot on the sociology and politics of disability.

Notice the difference between Jess and Frances's tweets. Jess is framing Capaldi's difficulties as psychological distress that should invite pity. The focus on distress fits her 'brand' around trauma, and once again she is piggybacking on a celebrity story to try and get her own face in the news.

Frances, by contrast, understands that Tourette's syndrome is first and foremost a neurological disorder and that Lewis Capaldi will always have it. She talks about the small things that we can all do to craft a more welcoming and accessible world for people with all kinds of disabilities, a world where disabled artists can confidently appear onstage without having to worry how anyone might react if they run into difficulty. She points out that pityingly suggesting Capaldi takes some time to "get well" is not the appropriate reaction: it reinforces the message that disability is something too awful and uncomfortable to be seen in public, and it feeds into the harmful belief that if you have a visible problem, you aren't fit to do your job.

The two biggest differences between Frances and Jess are the obvious knowledge and expertise that Frances has on disability rights and accessibility issues, and the fact that she hasn't tried to make this about her. "Not the first time I've brought this up..." is what Jess says whenever there is a nice juicy headline that could bring her a few TV appearances. She likes to promote the idea that she has special original insights that other people don't stumble on until much later. Frances just gets on with it, because her main priority is improving accessibility, not being famous.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Totally. Jess makes it about herself and a moralising stance
"We are watching him crumble"
"We need to do xyz!"
Implying : "I know what this celeb needs and you plebs don't and are treating him so badly!"

Always me me me

When i followed her originally there weren't people like lovely rose empower to challenge her bs. Could be she is being exposed after years of heavy advertising that people fell for.

Its almost too ridiculous to believe than a person with a focus on victim mh hates victims and continually reports victims to the police. It would be easier to take it at face value and believe that she is targeted by MRAs because she is so powerfully controversial.

Reactions: 2
That's just it though, she rarely talks about MRAs. She sometimes talks about when they were sending her death threats over her book but the rest of the time it's "feminists" or the eeeeevil psychiatric industry that's out to get her

She benefits from being called a manhater because she is a pretty faux feminist. People said oh you support amber because you hate men....
Oh you just believe whoever is the woman in the case and that clearly isnt true.

She will only believe a woman if it financially benefits her. She could care less about Amber (or Lewis Capaldi) , its all just throwing everything to see what sticks, mention celebs and see if u can go viral and gain a few talking spots on tv.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.