Dr Jessica Taylor #7 Unexpected ITIM in the Bragging Area

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jessica was working at b&q when she was 21 as she was in open uni groups I was in and she would talk about it. She didn’t say she was management from memory. Plus this twitter quote shows the correct timeframe for her working at b&q. I remembered this fact as I too did a stint at b&q around then and I think we talked about it.
View attachment 2250229
She couldn't lie straight in bed. It's pathological.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Does she believe she was in management roles all her life? So outta touch with reality.
I have never found her cv very impressive, even with her liberties taken.

She does not seem to have much experience collaborating, and I see her management roles bs also as covering up that she has had to set up her own companies with people she can control, because she could not work easily with others as equals.

Reactions: 11
2 rep

Two replies to her tweet and neither positive…..
99k followers and SEVEN LIKES. She's an absolute embarrassment. I assume that's 80k followers she's bought and 19k (a generous guess) following to watch her make a tit of herself.

I'd get more likes from my 350 followers on a post about my cat (to be fair though he's a really good cat).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
2 rep

Two replies to her tweet and neither positive…..
I wonder if she ever looks back at the amount of engagement she used to get 2-3 years ago and wonders what happened. She’ll denounce us all as homophobes, misogynists, right wing and jealous of her. In reality her lost supporters are none of those things. They all believed in what they thought she stood for. Then they saw the ugly truth and stopped supporting her because they actually are all the things she pretends to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I doubt it even occurs to her. I assume she monologues in an empty room about how innovative and groundbreaking she is.

Reactions: 8
I doubt it even occurs to her. I assume she monologues in an empty room about how innovative and groundbreaking she is.
She doesn’t need an empty room as she married a fan girl who will sing praise to whatever bullshit comes out of her mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

True class: quoting a famous misogynist who's encouraging threatening people with guns, and turning this into a joke about her sex life :rolleyes: also Jaimi is her only lesbian relationship (she says she slept with girls on her council estate growing up but they weren't relationships)
This won’t age well……Andrew Tate has been charged with human trafficking and rape

Reactions: 7
This won’t age well……Andrew Tate has been charged with human trafficking and rape

You’re right it won’t. They are so shortsighted, impulsive and disinterested in managing their actions publicly to ensure they maintain a veneer of professional, ethical and trauma-informed behaviour.

I hope the handful of likes and the giggle they shared with each other was worth it.

Reactions: 3
You’re right it won’t. They are so shortsighted, impulsive and disinterested in managing their actions publicly to ensure they maintain a veneer of professional, ethical and trauma-informed behaviour.

I hope the handful of likes and the giggle they shared with each other was worth it.
Yet she’s retweeted David Challens tweet condemning him shows complete lack of awareness

• Wow
Reactions: 4
It will be interesting to see her comments on the case - though I suspect she will try to avoid speaking on it entirely.

She has in the past stated that we shouldn’t concern ourselves with individuals such as Tate, but rather focus on the system that allows men like him to thrive.

I get her point here, but it’s missing nuance and once again hypocritical. She’s gone after several high profile individuals in the past who take a different stance to herself. Privately we know she very much concerns herself with individuals she does not like.

I believe she feels some level of connection with grifters such as Tate. Perhaps seeing him in some ways as she views herself - powerful, exceptional, an entrepreneur, widely known, controversial, dismissing ethics when it suits, making decent money from all of it, not caring who is harmed along the way.

Perhaps she hopes that when her time comes, she can be protected by the ‘it’s the system and not the individual’ defence.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I remember the voice note where she feigned victimhood and talked about arresting everyone, she said she was "too busy" to read texts from SA and needed police detectives (!) to help her understand she was a risk.

Idk it truly seems like the reporting staff members, a phd student, feminist leaders, and people on twitter she doesnt like....would take loads of time.

She clearly searches them out as the recent case said she wasnt interacting with her directly, if i recall.

I get the sense that not only does she have time, but that she spends a lot of real time checking anything said about her online daily.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
All she does on her socials is bite bite bite it must get so boring for any followers who actually were interested in her

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It 7 terribly written and put together.
Navel gazing wistful musings about how good they are.
And she retweeted it x3 with no comments or interest. Desperation to move those books.

She says psychologists are using ITIM daily. Maybe friends of hers tell her that but other than fandom on twitter, she wouldnt know, would she?

Reactions: 2
All she does on her socials is bite bite bite it must get so boring for any followers who actually were interested in her
It exhausted me in the early days. I made excuses for it at first: "OK, so her communication style might not be my cup of tea, but she still says worthwhile things", "Would the bull-headedness bother me so much if she were a man?", and "She's probably so abrasive because she had to fight to get to where she is, and she's still finding her feet professionally - she'll change as her confidence grows." The idea that my discomfort was rooted in internalised misogyny was something I balked at even as I suggested it to myself - I knew perfectly well that if it were a man constantly speaking to people like this I'd think he was just an aggressive hole, and I certainly wouldn't keep making allowances for him. The other excuses took time to shift.

The idea that she was saying anything worthwhile began to disintegrate when I read Why Women Are Blamed for Everything and realised I was holding a poorly edited copy of her PhD thesis, most of which I'd already read online, with blog posts added. Now, when I was working on my first academic book I had two very eminent professors as mentors, whose distinction in their field was matched by how incredibly kind and supportive they were to early career researchers like me. They told me not to worry about getting it perfect, that no one's first book should be their best book, it's a launchpad for a research career rather than the final destination, etc. I remembered their words and asked myself if I was being unfair to Jessica. I reminded myself that she was the ECR now while I was a more established researcher, and perhaps I'd lost sight of what a daunting project a first book is. But my brain would not buy its own excuses this time, firstly because she'd been talking about this book as if it were the most revolutionary thing ever and suggesting it contained a decade's worth of material from her "practice", which meant I was hardly unreasonable for expecting something special (or at least something better than what turned up); and secondly because there is a significant difference between "not your best work" and work that's just...mediocre. I really wanted to believe the best of her because of my own politics - victim-blaming is the scourge of the criminal justice system, and I'd support anyone trying to bring about meaningful change - but I basically read books for a living and I just couldn't kid myself that this was a good one.

Even when I gave up trying to excuse the poor quality, but I still didn't lose my sympathy for her, not at first. I thought she might be a little embarrassed by the book's standard later in life, and I felt bad for her that she hadn't had the benefit of a skilled editor and thoughtful peer reviewers to give her a more solid start. Then it all came tumbling down. She was acting as if she had nothing left to learn now, as if receiving her PhD and self-publishing her manuscript had been a moment of anointing: all hail Jessica Taylor, the Greatest Psychology Expert of Them All! Any critique (a staple of academic life) was met with yet more hostility and aggression. I ended up muting her for a while because I couldn't cope with the relentless onslaught of angsty tweets that were clogging up my entire timeline. Then two women stepped forward to say their painful trauma stories had been quoted in her books without full informed consent, and that fact and how Jessica handled it was the point of no return for me. My undergraduate students would have known better. They'd face disciplinary proceedings for doing far less than she did. There was no way to explain it, no way to excuse it.

Ultimately I think it's the lack of originality that will be her undoing. You're right, it's just boring now - the same thing like a broken record on repeat. She will get aggressive online to try and stir up some clicks and controversy whenever she senses the attention waning, but at this point it's like a tadpole thrashing about in the hope of launching a wave. She's burnt her bridges with the academic psychology world. Large swathes of the feminist community are wary of her. All she has is social media, and her engagement there has dwindled.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.