Dr Jessica Taylor #7 Unexpected ITIM in the Bragging Area

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see she’s reckoning to be a “young woman” again. with a “massive following” changing the world.
Sadly, I now no longer belief she received any such message. The post almost feels like a response to the posts on Twitter over the last few days.
It’s quite shocking she’s tweeted such a thing. If and it’s a big IF this happened and people are missing or dead I’d assume she has also reported it to the police who would be strongly advising not to be public about it while they investigate 🙄🙄

Reactions: 4
I think it was probably a weird spam email asking for money to tell her more, but she choice to see it as real because everything really is about her. She told someone that she never replied, so she seemed to have got a lot of info in one email.

Also, 'Untraceable email', talk about dramatic. what the duck does that even mean? That they didn't have their name in their email or something? Everything because so dramatic for effect. It must be exhausting living with her.

Reactions: 7
I think it was probably a weird spam email asking for money to tell her more, but she choice to see it as real because everything really is about her. She told someone that she never replied, so she seemed to have got a lot of info in one email.

Also, 'Untraceable email', talk about dramatic. what the duck does that even mean? That they didn't have their name in their email or something? Everything because so dramatic for effect. It must be exhausting living with her.
Police can trace any email. I'd put money on this being yet another figment of her fevered imagination. She hasn't posted the actual email because it doesn't exist.

Reactions: 3
It’s quite shocking she’s tweeted such a thing. If and it’s a big IF this happened and people are missing or dead I’d assume she has also reported it to the police who would be strongly advising not to be public about it while they investigate 🙄🙄
She said on facebook it was too big for the police to handle and someone genuinely asked if she was ok and it instigated a massive pile on. (someone sent me the screenshots concerned about her well-being)

Ive also heard a rumour that there are 19 people now saying she did the same or similar to them regarding stalking/harassment complaints and they are all willing to go on record about it. Now that may just be a rumour but sadly nothing surprises me anymore.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
IMG_5689.jpeg

---
😂 is this one of those things that doesn’t actually happen at the end of it?
also, the making sure chapters are available, doesn’t like the gate keeping in academia. More lies.

Reactions: 2
I'd love to speak to a clinical psychologist and ask what Dr Jess practices they use.
Not many.
In my experience as a therapist she may pop up to any student or someone who hasn’t seen her before when looking into trauma. Her snappy lines are interesting. But as soon as you look into what she actually says and watch for any period of time people quickly move away.
Any “theories” of hers being used, won’t actually be hers but something widely spoken about for decades.

Reactions: 4
I don't think she has any theories! In my only interaction with her, there were back and forth messages about diagnosis of women who have experienced trauma, which we all know her view on. I said something about people still present very differently, distress manifests in many ways. So what are women supposed to actually DO to heal? If not medication, if mental health services are the bogey man, if counselling hasn't worked. No answer. This is where her lack of clinical experience - or actually any humanitarian experience as for all her protestations about having worked with women and girls she appears to have only realistically had back-office roles in training and administration - really shows. She doesn't have any answers about what practically women can do to heal, because she has no skills or knowledge about recovery. It serves her purposes for vulnerable, distressed women to remain captured by her conspiracy theory gibberish.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
View attachment 2363040
---
😂 is this one of those things that doesn’t actually happen at the end of it?
also, the making sure chapters are available, doesn’t like the gate keeping in academia. More lies.
I'll be very interested to see if this materialises and very much hope it won't.

It's interesting how she changes her beliefs and stance based on what best serves her in that moment. When she wasn't good enough to get an academic publication and wanted a quick buck from self publishing she was staunchly against academic publishing. Now her credibility and intellect is being questioned she's happy to publish in academic books 🙄

Reactions: 6
I'll be very interested to see if this materialises and very much hope it won't.

It's interesting how she changes her beliefs and stance based on what best serves her in that moment. When she wasn't good enough to get an academic publication and wanted a quick buck from self publishing she was staunchly against academic publishing. Now her credibility and intellect is being questioned she's happy to publish in academic books 🙄
She is consistent in nothing but self interest.

Reactions: 7
I don't think she has any theories! In my only interaction with her, there were back and forth messages about diagnosis of women who have experienced trauma, which we all know her view on. I said something about people still present very differently, distress manifests in many ways. So what are women supposed to actually DO to heal? If not medication, if mental health services are the bogey man, if counselling hasn't worked. No answer. This is where her lack of clinical experience - or actually any humanitarian experience as for all her protestations about having worked with women and girls she appears to have only realistically had back-office roles in training and administration - really shows. She doesn't have any answers about what practically women can do to heal, because she has no skills or knowledge about recovery. It serves her purposes for vulnerable, distressed women to remain captured by her conspiracy theory gibberish.
I think that her belief is that you recognise your behaviour or feelings as a trauma response and that in itself means it's all just OK, because how you're behaving is normal. So you accept it and move on. But some/many people may not want to feel how they do and simply knowing its from trauma doesn't make them feel 'ok'.

And if you do want to feel differently, you buy one of her overpriced notebooks asking you to relive your traumas alone and with no support.
---
At least she's not trying to peddle any extreme treatments. That's one thing we can be grateful for. Although I suspect they'll come at some point when the money dries up and she has to up the grift.

Reactions: 5
The mind boggles. From one extreme to another. She’s gone from ranting incoherently to trying to look reflective in less than 24 hours. plus she’s the only one asking all the questions!!!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
The mind boggles. From one extreme to another. She’s gone from ranting incoherently to trying to look reflective in less than 24 hours. plus she’s the only one asking all the questions!!!
I agree, not buying it or her books. She is just throwing everything out there to see what sticks. Whatever gets most interaction will become her next money making scheme focus.

Reactions: 3
I think that her belief is that you recognise your behaviour or feelings as a trauma response and that in itself means it's all just OK, because how you're behaving is normal. So you accept it and move on. But some/many people may not want to feel how they do and simply knowing its from trauma doesn't make them feel 'ok'.

And if you do want to feel differently, you buy one of her overpriced notebooks asking you to relive your traumas alone and with no support.
---
At least she's not trying to peddle any extreme treatments. That's one thing we can be grateful for. Although I suspect they'll come at some point when the money dries up and she has to up the grift.
This is it. She gives nothing beyond “it’s trauma”. Ok, yes, the symptom is a result of trauma experienced, then what. That symptom is still distressing. Any therapist would know that simply acknowledging the thing as a trauma response doesn’t make the distress magically disappear. This is one of the many things that show she has not clinical experience

Reactions: 11
This is it. She gives nothing beyond “it’s trauma”. Ok, yes, the symptom is a result of trauma experienced, then what. That symptom is still distressing. Any therapist would know that simply acknowledging the thing as a trauma response doesn’t make the distress magically disappear. This is one of the many things that show she has not clinical experience
Yes, it’s just trauma and it’s normal, doesn’t help you to deal with the debilitating effects of trauma that have a massive impact on your day to day life.

Yes but just acknowledging the trauma keeps women dependent on her which is what is so immoral about her. Tell them to shun therapy anf/or medication and keep them dependent on her--and paying customers--for life....

Narc collapse (paranoia, feeling 'got at', slightly manic, plus a good dose of delusion nearing what could be considered psychosis) followed by personality shift and taa daa - reinvented self.

It's the narc personality merry go round they do with themselves, it's not even for anyone else, although it is only about everyone else because it's about appearances and other people's perceptions. Just when you think they've absolutely lost the plot and are going to be fully sectionable, totally lose it, or be held to account, or breakdown or something, they come back in a fresh new guise. How reasonable.

Reactions: 9
She’s certainly had a few queries regarding her well-being after her paranoid rants the past few days. Which of course have led to ‘I’m traumatised not unwell’ snap backs.

Most people will find those kind of posts difficult. She is so self centred, constantly the victim, and convinced she is the most unique and special. That’s a lot to take in for those looking to her for guidance on their own traumas.

I wonder why she chose this moment to talk about the threatening email. It’s been months. It feels like a desperate play for sympathy as she is likely getting nowhere trying to silence and harass her critics.

Also not seen any VF projects announced for a while - just her own stuff (comedy writing - really?).

This is what I was trying to articulate. I've been in therapy for years. I know fine well I'm traumatised. Simply acknowledging trauma hasn't stopped me from becoming acutely mentally unwell at times or even experiencing more traumatic events. I've never been in denial that the things that have happened to me shouldn't have happened, or that I shouldn't have done some of the things I've done. Recovery is so multi-faceted and IMO it's more about introspection than blaming others for causing you harm, which I don't think Jess understands because of her own blind spots (i.e. a narcissistic personality and lack of expertise).

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.