Dr Jessica Taylor #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really bleeping oversteps, doesn’t she?
Her lack of clinical experience and therapeutic work is something she tries to hide but is glaringly obvious with the dangerous shite she comes out with.

It’s like the equivalent of someone with a PHD in, for example, ‘irrigation methods in 20thC crops’ dismissing actual modern farmers (who work everyday and have vast experience and knowledge) when they’ve never worked or even set foot on a farm.

How dare she dismiss the lived realities (backed up by rigorous scientific process) of people who have psychosis 😡

Reactions: 9
She really bleeping oversteps, doesn’t she?
Her lack of clinical experience and therapeutic work is something she tries to hide but is glaringly obvious with the dangerous shite she comes out with.

It’s like the equivalent of someone with a PHD in, for example, ‘irrigation methods in 20thC crops’ dismissing actual modern farmers (who work everyday and have vast experience and knowledge) when they’ve never worked or even set foot on a farm.

How dare she dismiss the lived realities (backed up by rigorous scientific process) of people who have psychosis 😡
Absolutely. She’s irresponsible, unqualified and inexperienced. She lacks any sense of care and compassion for her staff, and service users (SA is a prime example). It’s amazing that in physical health care such a charlatan wouldn’t be able to operate or discuss anything less than interventions that were best practice according to the evidence base. In mental health it is completely different. You can have Emma Kenny on This Morning as their expert (sorry to digress, just an example), another charlatan without the experience and necessary qualifications yet talks (often you can tell she’s just watched too much drama on ITV) on television and crime programmes in relation to mental health.

Reactions: 7
Yes, like this tweet from Jaimie, they are both incredibly ageist....'If I ever end up punching down on younger feminists & activists when when I’m in my 50s, pls punch me in the face'.
One of the most common misogynistic stereotypes out there is the idea that "older" women have lost their value and are all jealous of younger women. She happily promotes this idea, and openly discriminates based on age when she hires at VF, but it's older women who are "ageist"? Sure, Jess

Reactions: 13
I have just been sent this. Who knew Tattle life was such a community hub of resistance?!

A recording from the bizarre “team training” session on the ‘myth of the chemical imbalance’. I can vouch for it as I remember this part of the meeting. It is Jess talking about psychosis- it is worse than I remembered. I forgot about where she was talking about her ‘mind being so powerful, there is nothing she can do about it’. 😳

I’m making light of this- but this is no joke. This is the level of training she is giving her staff. This is what tax payers are paying for. This will impact the support (or lack of) that people in need will receive.

There was another part with Jess rubbishing the amygdala trauma response. Confusing as thankfully *some* of VF’s training DOES include this.
(I have had to compress it to upload it here so hope it is audible).

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
According to the Ministry of Justice: "Court managers are responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the court, for example ensuring excellent customer service and the efficient running of court administration. You would also be responsible for building and maintaining partnerships with the judiciary and external agencies such as the CPS, and promoting engagement with the local community." Maybe that was her job i.e. essentially an operations manager, but would she be in court personally witnessing cases with that?

Jess's arguments in that session are a huge false equivalence. Someone wouldn't be automatically sectioned for saying they could talk to dead people, there's a huge difference between saying that you are a psychic medium who can communicate with the dead (a form of belief, which is protected by law) vs what she's talking about which is more of a situation indicating that someone is hallucinating

Reactions: 10
That's awful and it shows she absolutely has no idea. If she really believes that having religious faith or believing in mediumship is comparable to experiencing psychosis, then she should try talking to a religious person who has been psychotic and listen to them explain. It's an insulting comparison to make. The defining factors in psychosis are a.) level of distress and b.) impact on your ability to live your life. Someone who goes to a Spiritualist gathering and believes they're commuting with their dead relatives may find that this enriches their life and gives them strength to go about their day. Someone who believes that there are maggots in their bones and they need to bore holes in the bones to let the maggots out? Not so much. She also clearly thinks that psychosis is all about auditory or visual hallucinations. That's wrong. Some people with psychosis don't hallucinate at all. As I described in my other post, psychosis can involve losing your grip on speech and language, not being able to link your thoughts together, even inability to recognise yourself in a mirror or remember who you are. There's no coherence in it, and for the person suffering, it's terrifying.

Reactions: 15
That's awful and it shows she absolutely has no idea. If she really believes that having religious faith or believing in mediumship is comparable to experiencing psychosis, then she should try talking to a religious person who has been psychotic and listen to them explain. It's an insulting comparison to make. The defining factors in psychosis are a.) level of distress and b.) impact on your ability to live your life. Someone who goes to a Spiritualist gathering and believes they're commuting with their dead relatives may find that this enriches their life and gives them strength to go about their day. Someone who believes that there are maggots in their bones and they need to bore holes in the bones to let the maggots out? Not so much. She also clearly thinks that psychosis is all about auditory or visual hallucinations. That's wrong. Some people with psychosis don't hallucinate at all. As I described in my other post, psychosis can involve losing your grip on speech and language, not being able to link your thoughts together, even inability to recognise yourself in a mirror or remember who you are. There's no coherence in it, and for the person suffering, it's terrifying.
One of the many differences that I notice, between how you talk about psychosis and how Jess talks about it, is compassion.

I’m not sure I have ever heard her speak about distress on any scale, outside of her take on it.

(I’m sure this will trigger a sudden compassionate vague post from Jess).

• Heart
I’ve been in some webinars of JT before (was confused why Jaimi popped up on some) and I thought that she was saying nothing really new, nor incorrect.
This, however, shows that lack of understanding. Therapists would not be thinking psychosis if hearing a voice or talking to god. It’s a wider picture that would be looked at.
This is so incorrect and fearmongering.
Psychiatry and meds has its time, psychosis is one of those.

Reactions: 6
I have just been sent this. Who knew Tattle life was such a community hub of resistance?!

A recording from the bizarre “team training” session on the ‘myth of the chemical imbalance’. I can vouch for it as I remember this part of the meeting. It is Jess talking about psychosis- it is worse than I remembered. I forgot about where she was talking about her ‘mind being so powerful, there is nothing she can do about it’. 😳

I’m making light of this- but this is no joke. This is the level of training she is giving her staff. This is what tax payers are paying for. This will impact the support (or lack of) that people in need will receive.

There was another part with Jess rubbishing the amygdala trauma response. Confusing as thankfully *some* of VF’s training DOES include this.
(I have had to compress it to upload it here so hope it is audible).
oh my god that is horrific. As the ex partner of someone who suffered from psychosis and was in and out of hospital for two years I can’t say loudly enough how irresponsible this is.

edit to add that this would be why I called myself an informed lay person earlier. The hospital was very good at involving relatives in care plans, running informative workshops etc. it’s also why I used to get annoyed at my work running silly training about mental health along the lines of”just talk”

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
This was disgusting. The boasting about her brain being powerful really creeped me out. It was brave of whomever sourced it to share, and loving the resistance.

She sounded more overconfident and sort of unboundaried, quite different to her posed videos.

Therapists would not be thinking psychosis if hearing a voice or talking to god. It’s a wider picture that would be looked at.
This is so incorrect and fearmongering.
Psychiatry and meds has its time, psychosis is one of those.
This is how I feel as well. It's difficult to deny that some conditions require psychotropic medication. She's too extreme. I can see how her words might sound comforting to someone who thought there might be something wrong with them, but it's unwise to be so black and white. Meds can help sometimes, although they are overall pretty awful.

I have a MH diagnosis of complex PTSD. I can't sleep and have nightmares. I take psych meds to help. It's not want I want forever but I'm OK with it. I'm just trying to survive.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
One of the many differences that I notice, between how you talk about psychosis and how Jess talks about it, is compassion.

I’m not sure I have ever heard her speak about distress on any scale, outside of her take on it.

(I’m sure this will trigger a sudden compassionate vague post from Jess).
Whenever Jess talks about any of this stuff, she's ranting about professionals she perceives to be wrong. It's never about helping the people concerned, it's always about bigging up her image as a gifted, insightful, radical David bringing down Goliath. This is why when women with relevant lived experience disagree with her takes on social media, she often won't respond to them at all. I noticed that when she decided to treat Twitter to her unqualified opinions on ADHD and autism. She barely responded to the concerns from autistic or ADHD women. Almost all of them got ignored, because they just didn't fit her narrative. And that's what it's all about for her - narrative. An epic tale of overcoming the odds with her as the heroine. It's not about helping other people at all.

(A few clinical details in the next paragraph have been changed to avoid identifying a patient.)

If I yawn a lot I still sometimes get pain in my jaw where a teenager with psychosis punched me. He believed I was a witch putting evil spells on him. He believed this because I had a shirt with an owl on it, and his thoughts went owl = witch = danger. From there he started to believe the ward he was on was Hogwarts. He had lots of therapy during his stay, but in those early days of admission the three things that helped him were medication, better nutrition and hydration, and the section that kept him in a safe place. You can't talk someone out of delusions, and if you brought up their past trauma when they're in that state you're likely to just distress them more - in trauma-induced psychosis the illness occurs because reality is currently too much for the mind to bear, and you have to respect where the person is at. Jessica doesn't get it, and if she really is delivering NHS training, that will be obvious to anyone who has spent even ten minutes trying to care for such a patient. Her wild overestimation of her own knowledge and her inability to resist the chance to give an opinion will be her undoing eventually.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder if Jess and her amazing brain have a good understanding of grandiose narcissism 🤔

• Haha
I wonder if Jess and her amazing brain have a good understanding of grandiose narcissism 🤔
I can scarcely believe people like this exist. Imagine having the confidence necessary to say, with a straight face, “my brain is so powerful”. I couldn’t do it in front of my kids, much less other grown adults able to see through BS in double-quick time, and the genius-level people I’ve met have never come close to such an utterance.

Perhaps it explains the fringe though. A style of sufficient strength to contain the brute force of the brain within.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Whenever Jess talks about any of this stuff, she's ranting about professionals she perceives to be wrong. It's never about helping the people concerned, it's always about bigging up her image as a gifted, insightful, radical David bringing down Goliath. This is why when women with relevant lived experience disagree with her takes on social media, she often won't respond to them at all. I noticed that when she decided to treat Twitter to her unqualified opinions on ADHD and autism. She barely responded to the concerns from autistic or ADHD women. Almost all of them got ignored, because they just didn't fit her narrative. And that's what it's all about for her - narrative. An epic tale of overcoming the odds with her as the heroine. It's not about helping other people at all.

(A few clinical details in the next paragraph have been changed to avoid identifying a patient.)

If I yawn a lot I still sometimes get pain in my jaw where a teenager with psychosis punched me. He believed I was a witch putting evil spells on him. He believed this because I had a shirt with an owl on it, and his thoughts went owl = witch = danger. From there he started to believe the ward he was on was Hogwarts. He had lots of therapy during his stay, but in those early days of admission the three things that helped him were medication, better nutrition and hydration, and the section that kept him in a safe place. You can't talk someone out of delusions, and if you brought up their past trauma when they're in that state you're likely to just distress them more - in trauma-induced psychosis the illness occurs because reality is currently too much for the mind to bear, and you have to respect where the person is at. Jessica doesn't get it, and if she really is delivering NHS training, that will be obvious to anyone who has spent even ten minutes trying to care for such a patient. Her wild overestimation of her own knowledge and her inability to resist the chance to give an opinion will be her undoing eventually.
“*Jessica doesn't get it, and if she really is delivering NHS training, that will be obvious to anyone who has spent even ten minutes trying to care for such a patient. Her wild overestimation of her own knowledge and her inability to resist the chance to give an opinion will be her undoing eventually* “

I really hope something will undo her

Yes! Rather like her FB post a while ago when she claimed to have reframed her thoughts and attitudes towards feelings of jealousy and since that day, around 10 years ago I believe, has never, ever, had a single feeling of jealousy! Oh to have such a powerful mind, and be such a superior being that one could banish all such thoughts!

• Haha
That was bonkers listening to that..thank you for that insight @butterjamcream 😊 Plenty of those in the general population hear voices as lots here have pointed out, doesn’t mean you have psychosis. Psychosis can incorporate positive symptoms (hallucinations such as hearing, smelling, seeing, or tasting things that others can’t) and negative symptoms (apathy, amotivation, decline in overall functioning). It includes delusional ideas, paranoia, thought disorder such as thinking you are talked about on the radio or tv, that thoughts are removed, or put into your head, poverty of thought, thought blocking etc. People can experience a degree of cognitive impairment and decline in overall functioning and social functioning and this is only a snapshot. It is complex, with a variety of symptoms and presentations in different people and disorders (schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar affective disorder, delusional disorder). She denies lived experience and the experience of carers. Also the cost of health and social care provision and challenges of delivery of services. She’s utterly ignorant and dangerous on the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I can scarcely believe people like this exist. Imagine having the confidence necessary to say, with a straight face, “my brain is so powerful”. I couldn’t do it in front of my kids, much less other grown adults able to see through BS in double-quick time, and the genius-level people I’ve met have never come close to such an utterance.

Perhaps it explains the fringe though. A style of sufficient strength to contain the brute force of the brain within.
About the fringe! This exchange on Twitter a couple of months ago made me laugh.

Attachments

• Haha

This did make me chuckle.

And I like the fringe. I have the fringe too!

Reactions: 3
Even that tagline she uses 'don't ask what's wrong with you, ask what happened to you', she stole directly from Eleanor Longden, who really is an inspiration and using her lived experience to genuinely change the treatment of and for people who hear voices. Nothing JT says is new or original....

Reactions: 5

Baffling isn't it. I read something the other about how the ability to feel awkwardness and self-consciousness is a pro-social trait that helps humans integrate with each other, something Dr Fringe clearly lacks.

I also have a blunt fringe (and specs) but your comment proper made me laugh 😂.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.