Dr Jessica Taylor #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A continuation of thread #1, to discuss Dr Jessica Taylor, her company Victim Focus, and her unethical behaviour relating to vulnerable people.

Reactions: 8
Wow, I can't believe we’re on thread 2! Not long ago I thought it was just me. I never would have expected a whole Tattle thread of people saying what I had been thinking for ages 😮

Reactions: 20
why were there no thread name suggestions I for one was most looking forward to that 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I felt sick when I read that post. There is no way that she isn’t aware of the videos that SA put up. Even if people do believe that Jess has been harassed by SA surely her supporters would be questioning why on earth she would put up a post like that when it is clear that SA is extremely distressed by this situation. It’s disgusting, abusive behaviour.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Jessica portrays a very black and white world, and pushes that on her fans. I think they only see it as Jessica is right, SA is wrong and don't see any issues with her behaviour.

Reactions: 11
I watched SA’s videos whilst on my break on nights this weekend and they broke my heart and also made me so angry (towards the situation she’s been put in). I choked up watching them. The raw emotion and the devastation she clearly feels is heartbreaking. I wish there was something I could offer her more than supportive words from a stranger.

I felt sick when I read that post. There is no way that she isn’t aware of the videos that SA put up. Even if people do believe that Jess has been harassed by SA surely her supporters would be questioning why on earth she would put up a post like that when it is clear that SA is extremely distressed by this situation. It’s disgusting, abusive behaviour.
I agree that JT must be aware of those videos in some way - whether she’s watched them or been told about them, she must be keeping up to date with what’s being said. There’s absolutely no way she’s just walked away from Twitter, she’s just chosen a new tactic to try come out on top…

I’ve also been wondering what JT’s supporters must think if they’ve seen those videos and then seen that post from her (which I’ve only seen thanks to someone posting in thread #1). I know for a fact there’s going to be at least a handful of JT supporters condemning SA and claiming she’s doing it for attention/further harassment etc. I just hope there are ‘supporters’ who are also beginning to question her abhorrent handling of this situation.

I also can’t believe her agent/publishers etc haven’t had a conversation with her about this whole thing and/or considered releasing some form of statement considering the attention it has gotten over the last few months. (ETA: unless they are trying to figure out/deal with this behind the scenes before making something public. But somehow, after seeing emails from the publisher supporting JT, I can’t imagine they are).

I’m so, so disappointed in JT. I thought she was better than this when I first started to support her and her work. I guess people easily prove you wrong!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I'm newly registered on here so can finally post rather than just read the posts! I've actually been blocked by JT on Facebook, my crime? I 'liked' maybe two posts from people telling her she was wrong for what she has done to Sally Anne and other vulnerable women. I have never posted anything to her, and never posted anything much anywhere, so she literally must go through blocking everybody that dares to even like a criticism, and doesn't fall at her feet. She is dangerous, pure and simple. She is arrogant, narcissistic, controlling---in fact everything she describes an abuser to be. The most sickening comment I saw her make was that the women who 'thought' they recognised their stories were simply being narcissists, imagining every story is theirs! Yet in the next breath admits their stories WERE in her books. The problem is her 'works' are published via a non-academic publisher--because they are not academic works in the slightest. Everything else she self publishes. There is no accountability or ethical standards to adhere to. HOWEVER, some of her material appeared to be gathered through her research for her PhD, which does have to abide by stringent ethical standards. I notice the BPS actually follow her on twitter, so I am hopeful that they are investigating this as we speak. Nobody can stop her self publishing or stop her publishing her 'pop' psychology via fiction publishers, but the BPS can remove her chartered status, as they should as she is bringing the profession into disrepute. Of course they will have to have a cast iron case before they attempt to do this, as she will cry 'misogyny' and 'classism' and mobilise her deluded supporters. She appears to me like a cult leader, and the stories of how she runs her business add weight to that way of thinking. It's really now all making sense, the fact that she had to take legal action against her university for her to gain her qualification; maybe they went about it the wrong way, but I would say they have been truly vindicated, she actually has brought the profession into disrepute. While she has--or had, before her ego grew out of control, some interesting things to say, they are really not groundbreaking. She latches on to topics that have been studied for decades and manages to convince her fans that she is the world's leading expert on them. This latest systematic review concerning SSRIs written by Professor Joanna Moncrieff and Dr Mark Horowitz is a classic example. The authors are psychiatrists who have been writing about this for decades, yet JT writes about it on social media as if she invented the idea, and all her 'fans' believe her! And the second anybody posts anything to the contrary she blocks them. Hardly conducive to debate. It would be comical if she wasn't so dangerous...

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Anything that Dr Jess says about mental health treatments including medication should be taken with a pinch of salt. She has never delivered services or interventions and quite frankly talks mostly nonsense. Medication, mood stabilisers, antipsychotics, antidepressants, what ever your views, can often be an essential part of many a treatment plan and for some people to suddenly stop taking them can be catastrophic. Indeed they can have side effects and risks that require careful management but they can improve functioning to the extent that a person can start living again, engaging in therapy, going to work, talking to family etc. Again there’s so many theories as to why certain medications work, why people get depressed, get psychosis etc but as other professionals on the thread have said we all generally adhere to a biopsychsocial model or stress vulnerability model as to why a person develops mental illness. And many NHS Trusts (definitely mine anyway) train staff in a trauma informed approach to care. There’s a lot wrong with mental health services also, don’t get me wrong, but Jess is not qualified to comment on this or treatments. She is a total fantasist portraying herself as the proponent of these fantastic new ideas and theories that healthcare services and other professionals never thought of because all we want to do is oppress people unlike the wonderful Jess, the saviour of the vulnerable. It worries me that so many people could actually think she knows what she’s talking about and trust her, and it could really hurt them.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm newly registered on here so can finally post rather than just read the posts! I've actually been blocked by JT on Facebook, my crime? I 'liked' maybe two posts from people telling her she was wrong for what she has done to Sally Anne and other vulnerable women. I have never posted anything to her, and never posted anything much anywhere, so she literally must go through blocking everybody that dares to even like a criticism, and doesn't fall at her feet. She is dangerous, pure and simple. She is arrogant, narcissistic, controlling---in fact everything she describes an abuser to be. The most sickening comment I saw her make was that the women who 'thought' they recognised their stories were simply being narcissists, imagining every story is theirs! Yet in the next breath admits their stories WERE in her books. The problem is her 'works' are published via a non-academic publisher--because they are not academic works in the slightest. Everything else she self publishes. There is no accountability or ethical standards to adhere to. HOWEVER, some of her material appeared to be gathered through her research for her PhD, which does have to abide by stringent ethical standards. I notice the BPS actually follow her on twitter, so I am hopeful that they are investigating this as we speak. Nobody can stop her self publishing or stop her publishing her 'pop' psychology via fiction publishers, but the BPS can remove her chartered status, as they should as she is bringing the profession into disrepute. Of course they will have to have a cast iron case before they attempt to do this, as she will cry 'misogyny' and 'classism' and mobilise her deluded supporters. She appears to me like a cult leader, and the stories of how she runs her business add weight to that way of thinking. It's really now all making sense, the fact that she had to take legal action against her university for her to gain her qualification; maybe they went about it the wrong way, but I would say they have been truly vindicated, she actually has brought the profession into disrepute. While she has--or had, before her ego grew out of control, some interesting things to say, they are really not groundbreaking. She latches on to topics that have been studied for decades and manages to convince her fans that she is the world's leading expert on them. This latest systematic review concerning SSRIs written by Professor Joanna Moncrieff and Dr Mark Horowitz is a classic example. The authors are psychiatrists who have been writing about this for decades, yet JT writes about it on social media as if she invented the idea, and all her 'fans' believe her! And the second anybody posts anything to the contrary she blocks them. Hardly conducive to debate. It would be comical if she wasn't so dangerous...
Does she get much pushback on Facebook then? Just curious as I’m not on Facebook. I never noticed her getting much on Twitter - the guess she had all the critical voices there blocked.

Reactions: 3
Does she get much pushback on Facebook then? Just curious as I’m not on Facebook. I never noticed her getting much on Twitter - the guess she had all the critical voices there blocked.
Well not really, because she obviously deletes comments and then blocks people. Some of her posts/videos might have say 800 comments and you might see 3 or 4 appear which are critical, but then they disappear. She hasn't actually come off twitter anyway, she's still there just not tweeting. She obviously still goes on to see what people are saying, in true controlling fashion!

Reactions: 11
Bit funny but just found from April last year a tweet where she co planned how unsafe facebook had become and how it allowed bullying and abuse.
Just ztiwtch it up between twitter as the enemy and its her current stance. Guess whoever not letting her harm people and be toxic becomes her projected enemy.

• Haha
Well not really, because she obviously deletes comments and then blocks people. Some of her posts/videos might have say 800 comments and you might see 3 or 4 appear which are critical, but then they disappear. She hasn't actually come off twitter anyway, she's still there just not tweeting. She obviously still goes on to see what people are saying, in true controlling fashion!
On twitter I didn't notice many ppl being blocked by her, she didn't seem very into blocking.

Reactions: 2
Hi, I'm here from a mention of JT in a Jack Monroe thread. Can someone explain to me how Jess and Jaimi met? I encountered Jaimi in a Facebook group years ago and blocked her for being an hole so I'm not surprised they're together but am very nosy

Reactions: 8
I had a dream last night about Jack Monroe last night, despite never having heard of her till this thread!

There's a couple of versions on how they met, it seems they probably met at a protest in 2018, but it could have been earlier, that's just the first pics together.

I had a dream last night about Jack Monroe last night, despite never having heard of her till this thread!

There's a couple of versions on how they met, it seems they probably met at a protest in 2018, but it could have been earlier, that's just the first pics together.
That lines up, she seemed alright for a while and became intolerable in 2018.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Anything that Dr Jess says about mental health treatments including medication should be taken with a pinch of salt. She has never delivered services or interventions and quite frankly talks mostly nonsense. Medication, mood stabilisers, antipsychotics, antidepressants, what ever your views, can often be an essential part of many a treatment plan and for some people to suddenly stop taking them can be catastrophic. Indeed they can have side effects and risks that require careful management but they can improve functioning to the extent that a person can start living again, engaging in therapy, going to work, talking to family etc. Again there’s so many theories as to why certain medications work, why people get depressed, get psychosis etc but as other professionals on the thread have said we all generally adhere to a biopsychsocial model or stress vulnerability model as to why a person develops mental illness. And many NHS Trusts (definitely mine anyway) train staff in a trauma informed approach to care. There’s a lot wrong with mental health services also, don’t get me wrong, but Jess is not qualified to comment on this or treatments. She is a total fantasist portraying herself as the proponent of these fantastic new ideas and theories that healthcare services and other professionals never thought of because all we want to do is oppress people unlike the wonderful Jess, the saviour of the vulnerable. It worries me that so many people could actually think she knows what she’s talking about and trust her, and it could really hurt them.
This. Absolutely this

On twitter I didn't notice many ppl being blocked by her, she didn't seem very into blocking.
I thought it was a bit harder to completely block people and remove posts on twitter? I know on facebook you can hide someone else's comments/ posts without deleting them , I'm not sure what you can do on twitter. Also on facebook you see more/can do more if you're a 'friend' rather than just a follower. I suppose on twitter you can get that much random commenting that it would be a full time job going though blocking everybody, people can follow you more easily.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.