Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hannahsaurusrex

How the fuck does he know how to support children when they start primary school? He's got a medical degree sure and did a few years working in A&E, but he hasn't worked extensively in paeds, he is not qualified in any sort of mental health speciality, and he hasn't worked with children before. It is really tedious when there are plenty of people who do have experience in these areas who would be a lot better placed to talk about it. As is he has probably just googled/nabbed their tips and ideas and put his name to it, ew.

Also agree it's cringe af, why is he tweaking the end of the stethoscope like a nipple? Shudder.
Yep, it’s such an old photo, but what grinds my gears is, like you say, him now waxing lyrical about paediatrics and mental health. He’ll have some clinical experience but not a wealth of it, presumably a placement during his gp training? I hate the way these influencers with the remotest link to a topic suddenly become experts, just to shill stuff. My eldest is moving to a new school this September as we’ve moved house, in addition to that she’s really struggling- has become incredibly clingy since the suicide of a family member and I’m anticipating lots of difficulties with the transition and settling in to a new school- will I be reading his book to help me manage it? Will I buggery!!

Reactions: 4

Skyflier6727

VIP Member
Does he ever post anything that isn’t an ad these days? He really has gone to the dark side hasn’t he? I used to admire him during the pandemic when he was an actual doctor. Now he’s just flogging all sorts of crap to the ‘gram

jackolantern

VIP Member
Can't stand him, I can't fathom how anyone has forgotton what an arrogant, self-serving twit he was on Love Island and how badly he treated Alexandra. The only thing I will say is I admire that he hasn't sold out (as much anyway) as all the other Love Islanders, although I'm not fully convinced it isn't because his ego loves all the praise he's getting for working in the NHS.

• Heart

Sarah honeysuckle

Chatty Member
doesn’t look like his manager as she’s not in Dubai at the mo according to her stories!

He really has gone massively down hill both in looks and personality of late. Im so disappointed

• Heart

twilightgarden

VIP Member
Same ,he’s a bit of a gif the way he goes on about his bath bombs and plants and saying hell and what not but I have a lot of respect for the guy for trying to make a difference to mental health.Also for his work in the nhs and I was truly sorry to hear he lost his young brother in such tragic circumstances .
We need more people with a platform like him speaking up about mental health ,I hope he keeps it up.

G I m p
Absolutely, him raising awareness of mental health issues and encouraging people to get help is brilliant. He seems like a nice enough guy and I think he would be a good doctor. He’s obviously passionate about his work.
Has anyone listened to his podcast? Does he say ‘hell’ and ‘now then’ in that? If so I can’t listen 😂

Whatspopping

I was speaking to a good friend of mine who’s a mental health nurse the other night, and the conversation got onto people like Alex, who claim that a nice bath, walk, cold water swimming etc. are being advertised as mental health cures, and how inappropriate and damaging this is for the general public. There is a huge difference between mental well-being and mental health. It’s funny how all the people using mental health as their brand, all seem to be white and privileged as well.

What's missing is the context, the why should you do these things and why would you mind benefit from doing them? My feeling is a trained Doctor and a Mental Health Expert should be offering a bit more information. This can even be delivered in a simple and quick way.

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
He seems to get a free pass because he works for the NHS

he was basically given a really plush flat to live in during the pandemic because he worked for the nhs, constant freebies and has used it to up his media presence

PepsiCherry

VIP Member
I hope he’s not going for GP training because he thinks it’s easier than hospital medicine - he is in for a big shock if that’s the case!
Yeah but after the year we've had... so many of my colleagues are moving too.

I like Dr Alex, think he uses his insta fame for good. It was so sad he lost his brother to suicide but he’s ensuring his loss isn’t in vain the work he’s doing for mental health
I didnt like him on LI. Not into shy guys and tbh he came off as creepy but all the work he has done since Covid and losing his teen brother .. I applaud him. At least unlike the other islanders he can use his fame for good, which he is doing on his insta. I like him now. I think he's a bit more humbled now and knows how lucky he is

I’m a GP. I’ve never been so stressed in my life as I have through the pandemic. We deal with 90% of patient contacts yet have 10% of the budget of the NHS as a whole and we’re constantly vilified in the press. I’m ready to leave medicine tbh, and my colleagues are in droves which means the remaining docs are more thinly spread and yet more stressed 😩
That is disgusting! I hope the NHS improves now with Brexit for all of ye ⚘

Last edited:

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
Out of all the places in 10 Downing Street to pose for a pic did he really have to do it in front of a Maggie thatcher painting 🤢

• Sick

Sunflower91

VIP Member
It all still reads as really performative to me. Like he’s an ambassador and has a position where he can truly change things but where is it?

emm

VIP Member
Louder for the people at the back 👏👏👏

“People don’t need Dr Alex”

It was disingenuous and greedy of Alex to ever take up that position.
Totally agree about this housing thing, even disregarding the mental health impact of worrying about where you will be livjng jn a months time I dread to think how many health issues living in damp, moudly flats is causing people and as a consequence a huge cost for the NHS. As usual it's just short term thinking by the government

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
I think he's great.

I had to mute his stories months ago (before covid) as he used to post a lot but he's probably the only person that's been on a reality program that I have time for.

stardust21

VIP Member
Alex's role is useless. We don't need mental health awareness, we need access to treatment! His role is just a way for the government to look like they are doing something, but doesn't cut the waiting lists for therapy because there has been no investment in NHS mental health services. Instagram posts and documentaries don't help those in need of help,
I don’t think he can be blamed for the Government’s lack of action though… I also think there is definitely room and a need for someone young people admire to be opening talking about mental health. I don’t think it’s a one or the other. I say this as someone who finds him quite annoying with it…

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
As people have already said, nothing wrong with hook ups as long as it's consensual and respectful which it feels like he is. Might not be everyone's taste but whatever.
I think maybe some people find it jarring to hear this because they see him so much as his scripted Love Island self where he seemed to have no game whatsoever or confidence - but obviously in real life, he is quite confident and can approach women.
Don't you think it's more likely he gained in confidence after Love Island?

6666newuser

He’s currently on a weekend getaway with his new girl Ellie Hect at Alexander house spa hotel celebrating his book going the times no1 best seller
E303C25A-488C-46E3-AC2E-772C96250930.jpeg
CEA7060E-5367-4AA0-9234-FBBF1CCD7989.jpeg
E52B0552-04D1-4D34-A9F5-A35FD3462CCF.jpeg