Dolly Alderton/Pandora Sykes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m glad I wasn’t alone with my impressions of the live show. I’m also glad the fee went to charity, and one I’m certainly linked to.

As I’ve already said once before, in spite of my casual gossip and yes perhaps intrusion regarding Pandora’s personal life, I am a real fan of the podcast itself and I always relished my high low walks (since only discovering it this year though hahahahhah). I do wish the Christmas special could have been a bit longer and a tad livelier.

Reactions: 2
It was meant to be, and I quote from Dolly's Twitter, " BIG, silly, inevitably quite camp". It seemed small, awkward and decidedly un-camp. Agree it could've been longer, livelier and with surprises, or guests 🤷‍♀️

But great that they raised £70k for charity, I concur <3

Reactions: 5
Totally agree W all this! Did they do anything except for put on some Xmas hats and waffle on about poo?! And read some Xmas facts

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I couldn’t watch it live as I was doing bath/bedtime etc with my daughter. I’m going to watch it tomorrow as I’ve heard it will be up for 48 hours. How long did the live last?

Reactions: 1
I enjoyed it, though I guess they'd done their big emotional farewells on the final podcast, so this felt a bit like when you've said goodbye to someone and then you see them again so do this weird half baked goodbye.

Dolly was so nervous. Pandora seems to be the organised one and it was sweet how she'd ordered the hats and done the sparkly scripts.

Reactions: 4
Pandora is highly irritating - I don’t buy the PND story. Everyone has it hard and anyone in the public eye is saying that these days (yawn). She has more money and attention than most. Honestly I’ve met her and her sister in real life and they are utter, judgey, superiority complex bi@ches. It must be tiring to put on a façade when on media channels and then revert to real life. Good riddance to this being over

I don’t think it is ok to question the validity of a woman’s experience with PND, even if you’ve had negative experiences with her.

PND has not been taken seriously for so long, and it’s still often dismissed as not serious or important enough for proper action to be taken. I am not a fan of Pandora at all but I’ll never judge or question her experiences with PND.

Anyway, we need a new thread! Title suggestions anyone? OR since The High Low is finished, should we separate them or something?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I don’t think it is ok to question the validity of a woman’s experience with PND, even if you’ve had negative experiences with her.

PND has not been taken seriously for so long, and it’s still often dismissed as not serious or important enough for proper action to be taken. I am not a fan of Pandora at all but I’ll never judge or question her experiences with PND.

Anyway, we need a new thread! Title suggestions anyone? OR since The High Low is finished, should we separate them or something?
I feel like its better to keep them together as if not we'll end up with two seperate threads that are duplicates as people will being them same things up on each?

Reactions: 9
I was a bit disappointed with last night. They both seemed uncomfortable and Pandora kept pretending to drink her drink? I think I expected a bit more of a celebration/fun? Glad it raised a lot for charity but I think it was a bit over hyped.

Reactions: 6
I thought the last podcast episode was great, they seemed to go back to being fun and relaxed again. No preaching or tip toeing around issues. Definitely better when recording in the same room. The live show was disappointing though, Dolly seemed on bad form... a bit pissed and fed up?! Also quite snappy towards Pandora. How cringey was the cracker joke! And as for the conversation about poo, I was just willing it to be over by that point...
Agree that Dolly is better ad lib but she seemed bad tempered last night. anyway, amazing that they raised so much for charity.

Reactions: 4
Completely agree that dolly was a bit off and snappy! It just didn’t feel like she wanted to be doing it.

Although it was a overall a bit lacklustre, I thought Pandora had put effort in with the glitter and the props which was cute - would have been very dry without them!

Reactions: 3

I SO agree with this, no matter how much money or privilege someone has, it doesn't exempt them from illness and depressions, we must be mindful of that, because it's the exact reason people tend to not open up about these things, which in turn might help people x

Reactions: 15
I really felt / feel for Pandora when she mentioned her experience of PND. I am sure she spoke to Elizabeth Day on her podcast about this after the birth of her first child too. PND is truly awful and I hope she is on the road to recovery and feeling more like herself. Having a degree of privilege and material wealth will certainly help with access to services and treatment but it does not make you immune to health issues. I had the means for private treatment for PND and OCD after the birth of my 2nd baby and I was a rock bottom, my heart goes out to women who have these sorts of illnesses who cannot access timely and appropriate treatment. I haven’t watched the Christmas episode - but feel like I want to bow for one last Hurrah! 🥳

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

Totally agree.

Pandora had her baby at the start of the year, and by my calculations we went into lockdown when her baby was a matter of weeks old, meaning that she most likely wouldn’t have been able to see family or friends except maybe through a flipping window.

Also bear in mind that she hales from a very well to do
family where she’s probably been brought up to believe it’s all about having a stiff upper lip. Personally I think she was very brave to mention it. She didn’t need to and I found that segment of the show incredibly moving. I related to some of the journeys other listeners had been on. The HL has been there alongside me and I will miss it.

On another note, if tickets sold for a minimum of £10 and they sold 11,000 tickets, can anyone explain why only £70k was made for charity? Shouldn’t it be £110k? Obviously that is an extremely impressive amount and I applaud them, but what about the other £40k?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Totally agree.

Pandora had her baby at the start of the year, and by my calculations we went into lockdown when her baby was a matter of weeks old, meaning that she most likely wouldn’t have been able to see family or friends except maybe through a flipping window.

Also bear in mind that she hales from a very well to do
family where she’s probably been brought up to believe it’s all about having a stiff upper lip. Personally I think she was very brave to mention it. She didn’t need to and I found that segment of the show incredibly moving. I related to some of the journeys other listeners had been on. The HL has been there alongside me and I will miss it.

On another note, if tickets sold for a minimum of £10 and they sold 11,000 tickets, can anyone explain why only £70k was made for charity? Shouldn’t it be £110k? Obviously that is an extremely impressive amount and I applaud them, but what about the other £40k?
My only guess is the cost of production? But yeah it was only one night so not sure how that works

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.