Dolly Alderton/Pandora Sykes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I heard they were ending it I thought corrr they’ve got some confidence in their writing abilities 👀
Burn ☺ I kind of agree with you though, but it will be interesting to see if they’re established enough now to keep people interested in their stuff without the boost from the podcast.

Reactions: 2
I can’t believe the 2018 Christmas quiz was included as a highlight 😂 that for me was an extremely low point, totally self indulgent and dull for anyone except Charlie, Pandora and Dolly

Reactions: 9
It was moving hearing from everyone who the podcast helped through a difficult time. I started to wonder if I'm hard hearted for not finding it as much more than enjoyable and occasionally irritating fluff...

I can’t believe the 2018 Christmas quiz was included as a highlight 😂 that for me was an extremely low point, totally self indulgent and dull for anyone except Charlie, Pandora and Dolly
That was grim.

Reactions: 4
Honestly I found last December's rather lengthy and excruciating debate over the end of the Victoria's Secret fashion show to be the absolute nadir for PanDolly/THL. (That and the "Panny-D" thing Dolly tried to make happen.) In the Victoria's Secret "debate" they wondered how the brand had lost its relevance and faffed on and on with uninformed obliviousness. It'd been in the news that Ghislaine Maxwell et al had used the cachet of their association with Leslie Wexner--the Ohio CEO and founder of The Limited Stores and owner of VS--to recruit teenagers as potential models.

Reactions: 4
I turned off the Christmas quiz first time around but was driving listening to it on the final so had to see it through. Also surprised they included Dolly’s slurred voice note. I went back and read the Red article she wrote about mindful drinking and there are so many alarm bells in that piece.

Back to the highlights, I was hoping for a rerun of the 90s/ early 00s fashion nostalgia episode which had me properly laughing at the time.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone know if the live show will be released afterwards? I’d love to watch but I’ll be at work when it’s on!

Reactions: 1
I'm gutted I was just on buying a ticket at quarter to 7 and got distracted.

Is it any good?

I am! I think Pandora is nailing the live scripted bits but Dolly is better suited to conversational podcasts.
yes. Pandora is quite relaxed and making it less awks. I can really empathise with Dolly’s nerves, although she seems to be relaxing a bit now!

I did lol when she said “mummy” 😂

Did you just notice when she mentioned the Enya LOTR - I honestly think they read here!!! It has actually made me feel a bit bad for the snarky comments I’ve made - I don’t think I’ve ever seen them speak before (only seen pics and heard podcast) and I suddenly had this realisation that they are real people providing weekly content for us and probably doing their best/being a bit human and not self aware... just feel a bit guilty for being quite harsh on Pandora.

Is Dolly a bit pissed?
She has had like 3 strong drinks in less than an hour so I’d say yes

yes. Pandora is quite relaxed and making it less awks. I can really empathise with Dolly’s nerves, although she seems to be relaxing a bit now!

I did lol when she said “mummy” 😂
Gosh I actually thought the opposite! I thought pandora seemed so nervous to begin with and dolly has that natural confidence

Reactions: 6
Did you just notice when she mentioned the Enya LOTR - I honestly think they read here!!! It has actually made me feel a bit bad for the snarky comments I’ve made - I don’t think I’ve ever seen them speak before (only seen pics and heard podcast) and I suddenly had this realisation that they are real people providing weekly content for us and probably doing their best/being a bit human and not self aware... just feel a bit guilty for being quite harsh on Pandora.

She has had like 3 strong drinks in less than an hour so I’d say yes

Gosh I actually thought the opposite! I thought pandora seemed so nervous to begin with and dolly has that natural confidence
Very embarrassed to admit that i hadnt known that Enya song or its LOTR connection - i felt like a pure tit myself after reading here 😂😂

I know, i just always though Dolly could handle her booze. Though i did just remember that English measures are smaller than ours here in Ireland which is also maybe why i didn't expect her to be so boozed!

I can imagine they did just get comments about that though.

i enjoyed looking forward to the life show and experiencing it but somehow it felt w tad disappointing? What does everyone else think?
Felt like they rushed to finish it; weren’t fussed that it was their last ever show, and I was expecting close to 2h tbh but maybe it’s my fault.

maybe it’s my fault for being bitter because I have none of that convo or kinship IRL because growing up I wasn’t around any intellectual posh types lmao

I'm pleased my fee went to charity otherwise I'd be feeling like I wasted money. It felt very half-arsed.

Reactions: 5
For some reason I get the feeling like they’ll do the odd show/occasional podcast in the future. Dolly did say they will do things together again

I’m certain Pandora won’t read here but Dolly will.

I think they would’ve had direct feedback on Enya from friends but also listeners emailing, rather than us.

to me that felt like a bit of a disastrous dress rehearsal, and they should’ve probably done a proper one tomorrow. It felt like it never quite got into the swing of things as they weren’t used to the format, and I think they were aware of that

EDIT maybe not “disastrous”. It was fine, just not very high low? Just mainly low 😂

Didn't they say it was going to be full of "special surprises"? I was expecting some surprise remote guests at the very least!

Yeah it did feel a bit chaotic, with very little thought/effort and no decent content. It was interesting to see them both being fairly uncomfortable with the format. Theyre often bashed for being posh and priviliged, usually the posh and priviliged are oozing with confidence!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.