Dolly Alderton/Pandora Sykes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really felt / feel for Pandora when she mentioned her experience of PND. I am sure she spoke to Elizabeth Day on her podcast about this after the birth of her first child too. PND is truly awful and I hope she is on the road to recovery and feeling more like herself. Having a degree of privilege and material wealth will certainly help with access to services and treatment but it does not make you immune to health issues. I had the means for private treatment for PND and OCD after the birth of my 2nd baby and I was a rock bottom, my heart goes out to women who have these sorts of illnesses who cannot access timely and appropriate treatment. I haven’t watched the Christmas episode - but feel like I want to bow for one last Hurrah! 🥳
I listened to that episode a while ago and felt really sad for her. I can't remember everything she said properly but I'm sure she said things like everyone kept congratulating her because she looked really slim soon after giving birth as if that meant she was instantly ok after having her child, but inside she was struggling so much with PND.

Reactions: 6
@slugella I can identify with that! I was the slimmest I’ve been since being 16 due to complete loss of appetite and the constant anxiety.

ETA slimmest after the birth of my 2nd baby - not just in general! Back to pre pregnancy normal weight now, not adolescent girl weight :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I listened to that episode a while ago and felt really sad for her. I can't remember everything she said properly but I'm sure she said things like everyone kept congratulating her because she looked really slim soon after giving birth as if that meant she was instantly ok after having her child, but inside she was struggling so much with PND.
This is why I hate so much people commenting on people's weight, you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. I would never dream of commenting on someone being thin/fat whatever it is so awful

• Heart
Reactions: 9

New thread here.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.