Documentaries you've seen you still think about to this day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm new to this thread but this documentary was the one that came straight to mind and I'm glad to see it mentioned just two pages in :)
I've linked it somewhere on the thread, but just in case you haven't read through it all, here it is again:

Reactions: 3
Does anyone remember the tv show that featured young couples who wanted to be parents?
They'd be put in a house for a period of time and given kids/people across the ages to look after - from babies up to old people (I think)
I can't remember the name of it but remember wanting to go on it myself haha. Don't think it's on anymore.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember a show about couples planning their weddings? It was on ITV about 15 years ago. One was a teenage girl marrying an older man and everyone was convinced they wouldn’t last. They did a follow up a few years later to see which couples had made it. The couple in question were still going strong.

Reactions: 3
Both not documentaries, but based on true events.

Three girls - the area I live in came up on the list at the end and it made me want to leave the country. Heartbreaking.

Little Boy blue - for obvious reasons broke my heart and I always think about that one.

Reactions: 2
Both not documentaries, but based on true events.

Three girls - the area I live in came up on the list at the end and it made me want to leave the country. Heartbreaking.

Little Boy blue - for obvious reasons broke my heart and I always think about that one.
There seemed to be a phase a few years ago where a lot of docu-dramas came out. They did one about Shannon Matthews as well

Reactions: 1
There was one I saw not long ago was British but can't remember what channel it was on About a girl who went missing and was involved with men who abused young girls sharing them round their friends etc.

Don't think she was ever found, think it was on Blackpool. Her sister was on the documentary too and so was one of the men accused but there's never been enough evidence to convict anyone.

At one point it was looking like it could have been her parents

Reactions: 8
There was one I saw not long ago was British but can't remember what channel it was on About a girl who went missing and was involved with men who abused young girls sharing them round their friends etc.

Don't think she was ever found, think it was on Blackpool. Her sister was on the documentary too and so was one of the men accused but there's never been enough evidence to convict anyone.

At one point it was looking like it could have been her parents
Was it Charlene Downes?

Does anyone remember the tv show that featured young couples who wanted to be parents?
They'd be put in a house for a period of time and given kids/people across the ages to look after - from babies up to old people (I think)
I can't remember the name of it but remember wanting to go on it myself haha. Don't think it's on anymore.
I remember this! I remember following the red headed lad on Myspace 😂 - think he was called sam. Didnt they change the ages of the children too to see how they would with each stage?

Yeah that's the one. It's so sad and there's probably so many cases out there the same.
I saw something on this recently. She was living in a completely abusive household with random men visiting all the time. Some Council man had to visit the house for something and saw Charlene in bed with an old man. She was being abused and manipulated at home and outside too. That poor girl.

• Wow
  • Sad
I saw something on this recently. She was living in a completely abusive household with random men visiting all the time. Some Council man had to visit the house for something and saw Charlene in bed with an old man. She was being abused and manipulated at home and outside too. That poor girl.
Oh yeah that's it .
Was there rumours of her parents letting men come round but never proved? They were very shifty

Reactions: 4
I remember this! I remember following the red headed lad on Myspace 😂 - think he was called sam. Didnt they change the ages of the children too to see how they would with each stage?
Yes that's it!
Glad to know it was a real show and not something i dreamt of one night haha

OK so this is completely random but years and years ago I remember watching a documentary / experiment, and not sure if all participants did it or just the one , and he purposely ate raw meat that then gave him some sort of stomach worm.

I remember this particular guy was getting married and by the time it came he had lost a load of weight dur to the worms. He also described how the worms would grow and leave the body themselves. And true to form, some weeks (maybe months) later he went to the toilet, and then lay these huge worm looking things that had vacated his body on the grass outside, if my mind remembers correctly!

I know its completely bizzare but I often think about it.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Sorry if this off topic but anyone remember that show where they tricked people into thinking they went to the moon but it was a hoax 🤣 ( I'm not a conspiracy theorist this was an actual show lol)
They got fake Russian astronauts to train them and stuff

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sorry if this off topic but anyone remember that show where they tricked people into thinking they went to the moon but it was a hoax 🤣 ( I'm not a conspiracy theorist this was an actual show lol)
They got fake Russian astronauts to train them and stuff
Yep I remember this on channel 4. There are clips of it on youtube. One of the men who played the part of one of astronauts taking them to space died from cancer a few years back

Thought of two more- a Derren Brown show where the lad was made to believe there was a zombie apocalypse and all his family and friends were in on it?

Also, I remember a show years ago where everyone had to stay awake to win money. They lived in a Big Brother style house and whoever stayed awake the longest won the money. They did things like put them in beds in a dark room, and if you fell asleep you were out!

Yep I remember this on channel 4. There are clips of it on youtube. One of the men who played the part of one of astronauts taking them to space died from cancer a few years back
It was so bizarre, didn't get the point
Oh that rings a bell actually, how sad

I went quite deep on this case. She was severely neglected poor child and her Parents enabled abuse by their friends almost her whole life, even moving counties to try and evade social services. They lapped up the press attention and painted themselves as the grieving caring mother and father.

• Sad
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.