Documentaries you've seen you still think about to this day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone remember 10 stone babies or something like that. Fairly recent like in the last 10 years. It was about those couples where one dressed and acted like a baby and the other looked after them 😳 they had specially made clothes , cots etc and some even worse nappies 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
omg I loved this, what was it called? it was somewhere off scotland iirc, was so annoyed it ended early, my flatmate of the time and I were obsessed with it :LOL:
It was also called Eden!

Edit: that was the Channel 4 one in 2016. There was also Castaway 2000 on the BBC (in the year 2000) that had the same premise, and launched the career of Ben Fogle.

Reactions: 5
It was also called Eden!

Edit: that was the Channel 4 one in 2016. There was also Castaway 2000 on the BBC (in the year 2000) that had the same premise, and launched the career of Ben Fogle.
how confusing! as it ended so abruptly I assume it is not on 4od :p might see if i can find it online elsewhere

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. There’s a mini-documentary on YouTube about the Sewol ferry disaster in South Korea. The ship sunk in 2014 killing 304 passengers, most of which were children. It’s heartbreaking to watch and it’ll make you angry for days afterwards.
I am just watching now, so insane how the "rescue" effort just seems like a show for the president. The phone conversations about rescue when the ship was almsot entirely underwater are just :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I watched one on Netflix and I can’t remember what is was called so I’m hoping somebody can tell me so I can watch it again! It was about a black lady in London who died in her flat and wasn’t discovered for 3 years and nobody reported her missing or anything? She was a singer/performer and I think her name began with J?!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I watched one on Netflix and I can’t remember what is was called so I’m hoping somebody can tell me so I can watch it again! It was about a black lady in London who died in her flat and wasn’t discovered for 3 years and nobody reported her missing or anything? She was a singer/performer and I think her name began with J?!
Dreams of a Life?

Reactions: 3
I saw that one a while ago and it has haunted me ever since. Just to not be missed by anyone for so long that you can lay decomposing in your home for all those years.

• Sad
I saw that one a while ago and it has haunted me ever since. Just to not be missed by anyone for so long that you can lay decomposing in your home for all those years.
The bit that got me was the little geeky man who she was actually close friends with and you could tell he just loved her so much and it kills him he didn’t help or that she never asked for help. Had me blubbering😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve just watched ‘you’re not splitting up my family’, it was so sad but really interesting.

Also ‘protecting our children’, I can’t believe how horrible the dad in the first episode was.

Does anyone else have any ones similar to the two above they could recommend please, thanks.

Reactions: 1
I’ve just watched ‘you’re not splitting up my family’, it was so sad but really interesting.

Also ‘protecting our children’, I can’t believe how horrible the dad in the first episode was.

Does anyone else have any ones similar to the two above they could recommend please, thanks.
Omg yeah protecting our children was heart breaking. There's a story in the dm today about a girl murdered by her parents absolutely horrendous 💔😢

I remember one (channel 5 I think)about a young teenage girl whoes baby died and think her bf did it but she was still protecting him through the court case and she was pregnant again. That was a few years ago i will see if I can find out what it was called

Omg yeah protecting our children was heart breaking. There's a story in the dm today about a girl murdered by her parents absolutely horrendous 💔😢

I remember one (channel 5 I think)about a young teenage girl whoes baby died and think her bf did it but she was still protecting him through the court case and she was pregnant again. That was a few years ago i will see if I can find out what it was called
I’ve seen that one as well lol x

Was that Kenzie? Think we talked about it on one of the threads?

Was that Kenzie? Think we talked about it on one of the threads?
Possibly. Oh really I might have missed that. I can't remember her name but just remember seeing her go to court and I think she was involved. They didn't phone 999 straight away and think they played the call on the show

Possibly. Oh really I might have missed that. I can't remember her name but just remember seeing her go to court and I think she was involved. They didn't phone 999 straight away and think they played the call on the show
Yeah her wee girl survived and lived with her mum. She just went on and on about the boyfriend Kyle and was sent to prison.

The Accused Channel 5

• Sad
Reactions: 2
There was one about assisted dying on the BBC a few years back. I think it was an old guy and a young guy. It followed them right the way through, pretty grim viewing,

Anyone remember 10 stone babies or something like that. Fairly recent like in the last 10 years. It was about those couples where one dressed and acted like a baby and the other looked after them 😳 they had specially made clothes , cots etc and some even worse nappies 🤢
I had the misfortune of seeing this! I'm nearly sure they pooped in the diapers to make it more realistic!

Most of the Louis Theroux documentaries are very thought provoking.
Love all his stuff and his mannerisms, they way he conducts his interviews.

Ooh I'm remembering a few of these now. For some reason (not sure of it's been talked about) I keep thinking about the family that had big brother type cameras in their home in Canterbury, thinks it was 00's there was a mum, I think a dad, 2 daughters and a son. It was just watching them like they were there own big brother house. Wonder if they're weirded out by that now or not. The boy seemed quite close with his mum. Anyone remember?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.