Do you like your neighbours

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One side of my neighbors are absolutely great. The other side were an absolute nightmare until I went to a solicitor threatening to take out an injunction against them. It's the guy (he's got to be 55) thinking he's smart. He pushed my classic mini up the road with his zafira to start it all off because I was parked slightly further down the street because there was a long wheel base van outside my house so I parked as I would normally behind it. Luckily my neighbours have cctv on the front of their house but he still lied to the police for hours saying he didn't do it. At the time I was quite naive and just said to them I wanted my damages covered and an apology but I wish I'd taken it as far as I could now (criminal damage ect) we have space for two cars at the front of our house and two out the back in front of my garage and hard standing. Because we have six cars including my works van there is always a car parked against the side of their house on the road. If I'm being honest, none of them can drive but his wife is the absolute worse (I have some cracking cctv footage of some of the parking attempts) she cant park in a space big enough for two cars in under 5mins. She hits the kerb so loud I can hear her from inside the house 😂. But anyway, for three weeks he was parking within inches of our cars for no real reason because we could always drive out of the space, we were never blocked in 🤷 but because he's such a bad driver he had to get his daughter or his wife to come out and tell him how far away he was from our cars. I bought my 92 civic on the Saturday, on the money be reversed into it twice and cracked my front bumper while it was parked (at this point we had installed our own cctv). He's hit our cars on several occasions on purpose trying to park so close but every time we've told the police they've said unless there was damage they couldn't do anything about it but when he damaged my civic I had to go through the insurance? The police are such a waste of time with neighbourly disputes! He's just so weird, my boyfriend has seen him looking at me in the garden from their window as our garden slopes up from the house and the 6ft fence just isn't enough! He drives past the front of our house when he sees we are doing work, otherwise he parks straight around the back illegally, bumping a massive kerb parking on a muddy pile of stones.. I can't wait for him to slip and take out his shed 😂😂😂 we've even found ladders resting up against the fence that would be there for no reason other than to look over.
It doesn't bother me so much anymore, they've got nothing going on in their lives, nothing better to do and a lot of people have said they are probably just jealous. I mean we don't have a bunch of 70 plate cars and go on holiday every year but we do 95% of work on our house and cars ourselves and before lockdown we would often have people over. Nobody visits them and they most definitely haven't done any work on their house or garden in the last three years we've been living here!

No, one side has 2 dogs that bark and howl all day as they are all out at work and i work stupid shifts and need sleep in the day. One of the dogs died and guess what they had to get another one and that too is a yappy little tit.
We have delivery drivers who refuse to deliver to me because of those dogs.
The other neighbour is a cow too, she will sweep up the communal path and throw stuff in our garden. Once she had a tree that was growing over into our garden, she told us we can cut it back if we wanted too, we said no as it wasn't doing any harm. Then she decides to appear in our garden to cut tree down and leave trimmings in our garden. Husband had a go at her and she did pick it up reluctantly.
She has bonfires at any time of the day, she's bored and has a dog too which she shouts at to get the other dogs next to us barking.
She also slags us off to other neighbours as we are the only ones in the row that rent our house so she has to make a habit of rubbing it in. Its fine though as I told her we had new windows, new roof and outside painted so at least our house looks tidy.
Before we moved in this neighbour got her husband to knock wall down in garden and rebuild wall so they have a bigger garden and ours a smaller garden. We will in time buy our house and i would like my actual garden back - not sure where i stand on this though.

No, one side has 2 dogs that bark and howl all day as they are all out at work and i work stupid shifts and need sleep in the day. One of the dogs died and guess what they had to get another one and that too is a yappy little tit.
We have delivery drivers who refuse to deliver to me because of those dogs.
The other neighbour is a cow too, she will sweep up the communal path and throw stuff in our garden. Once she had a tree that was growing over into our garden, she told us we can cut it back if we wanted too, we said no as it wasn't doing any harm. Then she decides to appear in our garden to cut tree down and leave trimmings in our garden. Husband had a go at her and she did pick it up reluctantly.
She has bonfires at any time of the day, she's bored and has a dog too which she shouts at to get the other dogs next to us barking.
She also slags us off to other neighbours as we are the only ones in the row that rent our house so she has to make a habit of rubbing it in. Its fine though as I told her we had new windows, new roof and outside painted so at least our house looks tidy.
Before we moved in this neighbour got her husband to knock wall down in garden and rebuild wall so they have a bigger garden and ours a smaller garden. We will in time buy our house and i would like my actual garden back - not sure where i stand on this though.
You can legally cut down neighbours trees if they are coming over your boundary and you should even offer the cuttings back to them! They shouldn't be coming into your garden without permission to cut it back though. I wouldn't like to live next door to someone with a loud dog barking all the time, but being honest I wouldn't not be detached now because it would bug me hearing kids through the walls now that I'm so used to not hearing anything 😂!

I live in a block of 6 flats. I don’t have any bad neighbours but I don’t make much of an effort to speak to them, if I see them I’ll say hello. I know we aren’t going to be living here for longer than another year or two though and nobody else stays very long so we all just keep ourselves to ourselves

Old people in the main seem to be terribly nosy? May be a slight generalisation but it appears that when you hit retirement age it becomes obligatory to become a crashing bore and a nosy bastard into the bargain 🤣

Reactions: 4
There's a lot of elderly people on my street and what they tend to talk about is their health before even saying hello, followed by family, grandkids etc, and also they just talk at you and don't ask even how you are etc.
Then they wonder why people run off or are too busy to chat etc.

Reactions: 3
Yes. The art of two way conversation also seems to go out the window when you hit 60 😉

Reactions: 2
Or you just get talked over because whatever you have to say is not worth hearing, grandchildren however... strap yourself in for those stories 🙄

• Haha
Live in a converted house in central London. Got an elderly woman above who’s lovely.
The other ones are scumbags. I’ve had them steal amazon packages. My kids birthday cards have been opened and left. I’m guess they were checking for money. They throw their rubbish everywhere including nappies. They also throw lit cigarettes down into our garden which burnt a hole in the trampoline. I absolutely hate them.

Planning to move out of London soon. Despite being born and bred I hate it and can’t wait to get out.
I'm in a similar situation! I live in a ground floor flat, with the loveliest neighbours either side of me. To my left is a lovely elderly couple who would always accept packages for me when I was still working in the office. To my right are a young family who we fast became friends with with.

However, we have a family from hell directly above us. 4 grown kids (in their late 20s/early 30s) and their mum and gran living in a 2 bedroom flat. We bought our flat specifically for the garden, which we've poured so much time and money into. Other neighbours who can see into our garden often comment about how beautiful it is is over the summer, but the family above us use it as their personal skip.

Leftover food, cigarette butts, used tissues, unwanted Christmas decorations, buckets of bleach - you name it, it gets thrown into our garden. Despite numerous complaints, nothing has stopped them in the past 6 years. We have a dog, so every morning I have to go out and pick up other people's rubbish from our garden so that my dog doesn't eat something potentially harmful.

The good news is that because my company has decided to allow everyone to continue working from home on a permanent basis, we are in the process of buying a house in a semi-rural village, where our closest neighbours will still be rather far! 😊

NO! constantly slamming doors, yelling and swearing at kids, music on loud nearly all the time, can hear him making disgusting sounds all the time. Banging all the time which wakes my son up. I honestly can’t stand him. Other side of me is pretty quiet though thankfully

Reactions: 1
I am polite to my neighbours but honestly they are truly atrocious! 4 children age 5 and under and he screams and shouts at them all the time, very horrific telling them things like shut the F up! They also have a large dog and dont clean its mess up enough so often the smell of dog mess wafts into our garden

• Wow
  • Sick
I love my neighbours I'm in a detached house was previously in a house joined with two other houses.
Its bliss my old neighbours were nightmares drunk bloke kids screaming ect so we moved.
Since being in our new house I have European neighbours she calls me her sister we message each other regularly to check if anyone needs anything,she drops fresh fruit at the door and if shes cooked and has made to much she brings it round for us as doesnt like to waste anything(she makes some yummy food ).at Christmas I always get her a little something to say thank you for being a good neighbour and friend.
The other house next to ours have a younger couple with small children and we watch the house when they go away the kids all play together too.i honestly couldn't ask for better neighbours or friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeah they're alright. The ones either side of me keep themselves to themselves but I always say hello to the family who live diagonally across from me. There is one neighbour who lives a couple of houses down and tries to sell me things every time I walk past. I honestly have no idea where he gets the things to sell, but every day there is something new hanging up outside his house. Men's wallets, shopping trolleys, women's handbags, you name it!

• Haha
Small culdesac of 6 houses most are ok, pleasant and keep themselves to themselves. But next door has 3 dogs who bark incessantly at the 2 dogs opposite. Some days I feel I’m going out of my mind.

• Wow
My neighbours are actually fine, they don't bother too much with us, no complaints. We have a little gay man lives next door with his boyfriend and he brushes the leaves off our front path for us, and we lend him the garden sheers or whatever they are called in the summer lol. I was painting our back garden fence during the first lockdown and he was sat in his garden with a little gin next door, im so nosey haha, anyway i got to the end and went to paint the bottom but there was this huge spider so i shouted '' ah jesus duck '' and squealed, sort of forgot he was there but just heard him burst into laughter at me! Pretty worried he thinks we are alcoholics as when pubs opened at the top of our road for eat out to help out we were sat outside a few times having drinks and some food, and he had walked past a few times, then he hears my partner put the beer bottles, tins etc into the recycling on a Monday night! He is lovely though. We have another neighbour across the road who is the streets busy body, rings the council when something needs done like leaves being cleared in winter, bins not getting emptied etc but she is a lovely girl, she has one of those dogs though that never. stops. barking! will always bark when our cat goes into the window and literally doesn't quit so we have to take our cat down from the window, she goes back up defiantly though and the dog will start again. Neighbours all keep themselves to themselves, the girl across the street posted coloured cards to us all start of lockdown for our windows, red meant you needed help, maybe shopping or medication collected and green meant you were fine which was a nice touch, they also posted a sheet at halloween for everyone to come out on their doorsteps on halloween night and clap for fun... we were actually away for the night so we didn't get to see if anyone went out. Think we got quite lucky with our neighbours.

Reactions: 3