Do you believe in 'when you know, you know?' with partners?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread is so lovely but also makes me feel sad because I don’t think I’ve ever felt a thunderclap or a ‘just know’ feeling and I’m in my mid 30s and single. I don’t even think I’ve been in love #nohope
Theres no age limit to love x

Reactions: 3
He still watches my Instagram stories still so that’s a win no? Joking 😭😭 it’s not a win yeah I’m still upset about it even though it’s been a while!
everyone who has ever ghosted me still watches my insta stories, and every one except one has always come back. But by then its too late.

This thread is so lovely but also makes me feel sad because I don’t think I’ve ever felt a thunderclap or a ‘just know’ feeling and I’m in my mid 30s and single. I don’t even think I’ve been in love #nohope
Awww dont say that - you will definitely meet someone!

I was 15 when I first saw my partner from afar. Actually, he was the first person I had ever fancied. I knew, straightaway that I was compelled to know more but due to unusual circumstances he was not available and in any case, I didn't speak to him for about four months. Fate stepped in and I was thrust into a room with him and he made a bee line for me. We clicked straightaway and chatted for hours. I told my friend he was the one but, as I said earlier, he was not available for a relationship with anyone. We became friendly very quickly and spent all our free time together, quite innocently, but we couldn't get enough of each other. Because we were young it was very intense, his circumstances changed and he became available for a relationship, because of our intensity this was actually the death knell for us and I needed to clear my mind and be free, he felt rejected and we were too young to express ourselves clearly so he cleared off, dumped me unceremoniously. We didn't see each other for about 7 years after that, we bumped into each other on the street but acted like we didn't know each other in that time. When I was 22, we became friends again, I'd never got over him but there was no way I was going to let him hurt me again so I kept him at a distance but it only took him 6 years to break down my resolve and we've been together ever since, 12 and a half years and counting.

I've had one other serious relationship but it felt nothing like this, it was love but this is deeper, more innate, he's an extension of me. We are drawn to one another in a way I can't describe, even when we weren't together and I wanted to keep him at bay I knew he was the one and I judged all men against him.

Sorry for the essay 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 2