Do you believe in 'when you know, you know?' with partners?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah when I was 16 I was looking through my then bfs Facebook photos he was a massive prick and I hated him but he wouldn’t leave me alone!. One day I see a photo of him with this guy who was absolutely gorgeous so I messaged him and said are you single? He said yes. I’m now 26 have three kids with him and married he is my soulmate my absolute best friend he would do anything and everything for me. He’s done more a less all night feeds for our babies. Cooks all the time helps me raise the kids and tidies. He’s just amazing. He works hard he treats me like a princess. Everyone always laughs when I say it but when I see his pic I knew he was the one . From the first day I messaged him we’ve never ever gone a day without speaking or nothing. I love him to bits.

Reactions: 5
Yes, I felt very early on that he was 'the one'. Although, he was my first (and only) partner, so I'm not sure if this has something to do with it. Probably most teenagers feel that way the first time they fall in love! But 10 years later we are still together, happily married, planning on starting a family, and I couldn't imagine life without him still. We parted very briefly, as teenagers, and I was distraught. Felt like my whole world fell apart.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yep I do.

Met my partner at school when I was 14 and something just felt different from all the other boys I’d fancied. I know I was only 14 but it’s really hard to explain. We ‘went out’ for a few weeks then he ended it but we remained friends.

I moved to Spain with my parents when I was 15 and I think that’s what made him realise how much he still liked me, after a few visits back and forward I moved home at 18 to be with him.

I’m 29 now and we’re still going strong, have a house and we’re engaged.

Reactions: 3
Same. I'm in awe at the confidence from some people just KNOWING they're going to marry someone. What if he's not into you?! What if they're already in a relationship? :LOL: Lust at first sight is a very powerful thing and of course, sometimes these feelings do end up as long term relationships or marriages. But you can't possibly know you're going to marry someone at first sight, sorry. (Apologies if I sound bitter by the way! I'm actually the biggest romantic at heart, but one too many frogs will do that to a girl!)

I do agree with what someone said earlier, though: when it's right, it should feel easy. No games, no second guessing, just knowing you're both into each other. That must be nice.
Oh big yes 😂
I used to like this guy (and i believed that we would be "perfect" for each other, lol)
But guess what? He was in love with someone else (he thought she was the one).
She didn't love him back. The guy travelled to a different country with his family and she followed a few years later for her masters only to end up engaged to his friend😂

I feel like maybe some people are lucky somehow to find someone who loves them just as much😭

• Sad
Yes, knew the minute I met my husband that he was “the one” - can’t explain it but I just knew... so did he, so it worked out well!!! 😁

im definitely bitter because i just think.. who actually knows. It wont be til youre on your death bed for certain; a year from now, 10yrs from now, it could all go tits up. Enjoy your partners, work hard at it, and hopefully thats enough

Reactions: 6
I'm going to sound off my rocker but here goes.

With my partner I knew immediately. It was just a sort of spark deep within my gut when we first locked eyes. It felt like deja vu. It was as if everything in my universe, and his, fell into place. We've been inseparable since. I have never felt anything like this. It's so natural. It feels like we've spent so many life times together and we are just meant to be. We both have the same dreams and goals within life, we are eachothers best friends.
We recently had our first child and it's the perfect little family. I feel very lucky and blessed. I can't wait to fill the house with crappy little nappy machines!

.....though maybe, just maybe we are too far off into our own little bubble and have gone loopy. 🙄🤣
This is lovely - I can only dream of having this one day

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I met my husband at work, he was a new manager in the business and just came to the end of his first shift as I was starting mine. I was stood at the main entrance as he walked round the corner towards me and honestly I was in awe, the first time we spoke I couldn’t get any words out and actually looked like a bumbling mess. As the cliche goes I just knew he was “the one”. I had a twit of a boyfriend at the time, so after a swift dumping.. I started getting to know my new boss! Happily married and planning a family now - I’m definitely the boss now too 🤷🏽‍♀️😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes when I first met my husband in the flesh it was like a cliched film trope- he walked through a busy bar and it was as if the hubbub of talking went all quiet and the outer edges of my vision were blurred but he was in perfect focus as he walked through the middle of the crowd.

i may have romanticised that memory a little bit but that’s genuinely how it felt and I just knew that’s who I was going to marry, which was weird for me as I’m usually so unconfident and pessimistic!

I don't really believe in a thunderclap moment of knowing someone is "the one". For me, our relationship was good and then it got the point where we would just talk about getting a house, getting married etc like we just knew that was where it was going.

Personally I do think it works better the opposite way though - as in, you'll know if someone is just not right for you at all.

Didn’t have that at all with my husband (we split last year) there was always something I was never fully comfortable with but I think we both just went with what’s expected next, e.g, dating, house, marriage, baby etc.

My partner now been seeing him for around 10 months, he has been a friend for about 4 years and while nothing happened while we were both married (he split 2 years ago from his wife) there was always a connection that we got on and knew what each other was thinking or saying without it being said. My relationship with him is completely different and I think I never expected my marriage to go the distance even when we were just married (maybe shouldn’t of done it but I blame being young!) But this time I don’t want to get married but I can see us being together in old age (well his not mine - he is a bit older!) lol 😂

Not upon the first meeting, but I do think you just 'know'

Reactions: 2
Absolutely not. When I met my other half I didn’t even think I’d go on a second date. 10 years later were married with kids 😂

• Haha
Yes for me. I remember when we first met and we had mutual friend who we both told, ‘can you be in love with someone after only just a week’. But we both had such an instant connection, my heart would literally jump out of my chest every time I thought of him or when I would see him. Sounds weird, but I had a very specific details of what I wanted in a partner in looks, personality, tastes, career and ambitions, and he ticked every single box and more. Sometimes I think I manifested him, because he is perfect for me and definitely my soul mate. We just had our first child and it makes my heart burst seeing my partners features in our baby. He has his dads eyes and are just so beautiful. And also seeing how much of a brilliant loving and caring dad he is. I would happily live in our little bubble forever, just us and our offspring!

• Heart
I’m on the fence... I’d be interested to hear about anyone who had the ‘thunderclap’ moment with someone it didn’t work out with!

I do believe in having an instant connection with someone and that there are people you will be drawn to for whatever reason, but you also have to choose each other and put in the work.

I’m on the fence... I’d be interested to hear about anyone who had the ‘thunderclap’ moment with someone it didn’t work out with!

I do believe in having an instant connection with someone and that there are people you will be drawn to for whatever reason, but you also have to choose each other and put in the work.
What is the thunderclap moment? x

I think Its lovely reading the stories about everyone who knew they were going to marry their partner when they first met etc. Doesn't happen with everyone but its nice to hear about it when it does. :)

Same. I'm in awe at the confidence from some people just KNOWING they're going to marry someone. What if he's not into you?! What if they're already in a relationship? :LOL: Lust at first sight is a very powerful thing and of course, sometimes these feelings do end up as long term relationships or marriages. But you can't possibly know you're going to marry someone at first sight, sorry. (Apologies if I sound bitter by the way! I'm actually the biggest romantic at heart, but one too many frogs will do that to a girl!)

I do agree with what someone said earlier, though: when it's right, it should feel easy. No games, no second guessing, just knowing you're both into each other. That must be nice.
Ahh I think you are mistaking 'wanting to marry someone' when you are in the Lust stage and you say to your mate 'I'm going to marry him' to 'knowing you are going to marry someone' there is a difference IMO.

Last edited:
Ahh I think you are mistaking 'wanting to marry someone' when you are in the Lust stage and you say to your mate 'I'm going to marry him' to 'knowing you are going to marry someone' there is a difference IMO.
No. Some people have said they KNEW they were going to marry someone as soon as they saw them which I questioned. Obviously some people do end up marrying that person, but I think lots of people still get the initial "thunderclap moment" on meeting someone where it doesn't end up working out. It's lust. So I stand by that you can't possibly know straight away. Within the first few months you can know that it feels different to other partners though.

Never happened to me but my husband said as soon as he saw me it was love at first sight, i’ve never believed him 😂
It took me a few more sights to fall in love with him ❤