Do you believe in 'when you know, you know?' with partners?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did. When I met my husband we were 16/17 and my plan was to move to France, have loads of lovers and write overwrought novels (bless teenage me!) Then my now husband started at my school. He walked across the quad to start his first ever lesson in the same class as me and I instantly knew "I have to marry him" - and I was really mad about it because I didn't at all want to get married although dark, rugged, mysterious males are definitely my type. And he felt the same (although in his case it was following me upstairs to the classroom and admiring my bum that sealed the deal) and here we are in the third decade of marriage, still occasionally mad about it but mostly very happy.

Reactions: 4
When i met my now husband I didn't think 'I want to marry him' but I did sense he was the one. I think it helped that we seemed to feel exactly the same way about each other both saying we had never felt like this before.

My brother saw his wife across a crowded dance floor and told his friend he was going to marry her and he did! They married young and are still together 30 odd years later!

I met my husband in a club and there was an instant 'click', we had so much in common and were literally stuck to each others side all night- he was telling me all the places he'd take me when I was his girlfriend and how he'd spoil me.
Met up with him the next day and when I said goodbye to him I remember this really intense feeling, like I was going to miss him so much (he lived 6 hours away) and I was just infatuated. I think I knew then that this was it, I then went to go and stay with him 2 weeks later and never left 😂

• Heart
I met my husband in a club and there was an instant 'click', we had so much in common and were literally stuck to each others side all night- he was telling me all the places he'd take me when I was his girlfriend and how he'd spoil me.
Met up with him the next day and when I said goodbye to him I remember this really intense feeling, like I was going to miss him so much (he lived 6 hours away) and I was just infatuated. I think I knew then that this was it, I then went to go and stay with him 2 weeks later and never left 😂
Oh wow this is amazing :love:

Wow! These stories are so lovely! You’re all making believe in love! Gosh I cannot wait for a story/feeling like this one day 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yes I did. We arranged to go on a date and he knocked my door and when I answered it straight away ‘I thought I’m going to marry him’. Not in a weird infatuated way, it was just like a sort of calm, feeling at home connection. After a previous relationship full of drama, lies and arguments it was so nice to feel content.

I definitely did with my now husband. we were on our first holiday, sitting having a meal on the rooftop in cyprus. I remember it as clear as day (and it was 10 years ago), I just had an overwhelming feeling that that was it for me. I had that intense feeling of butterflies and a sense that I was right where I was meant to be. I knew right then I'd marry him and he was the one (Cheesy but true) x

Reactions: 1
He still watches my Instagram stories still so that’s a win no? Joking 😭😭 it’s not a win yeah I’m still upset about it even though it’s been a while!
I’d have blocked him after a week maximum. Easier said than done but I always feel better when I close the door on people like that.

I knew I wanted to marry my partner since day 1 but he led me on for 17 years and every year we would make plans and when didn't happen the more my heart broke. I knew after 4 years it wouldn't happen but i loved him and stayed he passed away 2 years ago and i always imagined being his wife.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
This thread is so lovely but also makes me feel sad because I don’t think I’ve ever felt a thunderclap or a ‘just know’ feeling and I’m in my mid 30s and single. I don’t even think I’ve been in love #nohope

• Sad
Reactions: 3