Do you believe in 'when you know, you know?' with partners?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hear so many people speaking about when they met their partner, they knew they were the one or that they would get married.

How many of you have experienced this? I'm intrigued šŸ™„

Reactions: 3
For me personally yes, it was so weird. I had never had that with any guy before.

As soon as I laid eyes on him something inside me said ā€˜youā€™re going to marry that guyā€™ which is weird because he is not my usual type or like any other guy I had been with and most would put that down to hormones and I did find him attractive but it wasnā€™t a case of wanting to tear off his clothes kind of thing so have no idea what that voice was.

Worked out well though šŸ˜Š

Reactions: 10
For me personally yes, it was so weird. I had never had that with any guy before.

As soon as I laid eyes on him something inside me said ā€˜youā€™re going to marry that guyā€™ which is weird because he is not my usual type or like any other guy I had been with and most would put that down to hormones and I did find him attractive but it wasnā€™t a case of wanting to tear off his clothes kind of thing so have no idea what that voice was.

Worked out well though šŸ˜Š
I had a very similar experience too! With my now fiancƩ.

I met him at uni and even before we were properly introduced, any time I seen him I thought "there's something about him", I truly felt that, and it wasn't just a matter of his looks, it was something deeper that I can't articulate.

Reactions: 5
Iā€™ve thought it twice and I was wrong both times šŸ¤£ I didnā€™t think I was going to marry them though but I thought they were like nothing Iā€™ve felt before.

Iā€™ve just started seeing someone new after lockdown and thereā€™s definitely something about him. He says it about me too so we will see.

Reactions: 6
Yes, with my second husband. Definitely never felt like it before with any previous partners (including first husband) so I didnā€™t necessarily believe it was a ā€˜thingā€™.

Reactions: 2
YES! I had the torpedo effect with two guys previously - where you become infatuated. With my now fiance, there was none of that. I felt calm, happy, secure, relaxed and excited...and there was no drama. That's how I knew.

Reactions: 15
YES! I had the torpedo effect with two guys previously - where you become infatuated. With my now fiance, there was none of that. I felt calm, happy, secure, relaxed and excited...and there was no drama. That's how I knew.
This is how I feel about the men I mentioned. Iā€™m usually infatuated from day 1 but with this one I just feel content.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think it can be different for everyone. When I met my husband I didnā€™t get an initial feeling of heā€™s the one but when we started dating it was different to any one Iā€™d dated before, there were no mind games, we texted all the time, I never felt like I should wait so as not to appear too keen, everything was so effortless and easy and we were both open and upfront about how we felt. That was the point I knew, because he never left me in any doubt as to how he felt about me and we just always wanted to be together ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm going to sound off my rocker but here goes.

With my partner I knew immediately. It was just a sort of spark deep within my gut when we first locked eyes. It felt like deja vu. It was as if everything in my universe, and his, fell into place. We've been inseparable since. I have never felt anything like this. It's so natural. It feels like we've spent so many life times together and we are just meant to be. We both have the same dreams and goals within life, we are eachothers best friends.
We recently had our first child and it's the perfect little family. I feel very lucky and blessed. I can't wait to fill the house with crappy little nappy machines!

.....though maybe, just maybe we are too far off into our own little bubble and have gone loopy. šŸ™„šŸ¤£

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

With my partner I knew immediately. It was just a sort of spark deep within my gut when we first locked eyes. It felt like deja vu. It was as if everything in my universe, and his, fell into place. We've been inseparable since. I have never felt anything like this. It's so natural. It feels like we've spent so many life times together and we are just meant to be. We both have the same dreams and goals within life, we are eachothers best friends.
We recently had our first child and it's the perfect little family. I feel very lucky and blessed. I can't wait to fill the house with crappy little nappy machines!

.....though maybe, just maybe we are too far off into our own little bubble and have gone loopy. šŸ™„šŸ¤£
Made me cry....adorable. šŸ’›

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Made me cry....adorable. šŸ’›
Well your response made me wanna cry so we're going to all end up a pile of blubbering messes. I want to tell everyone about it but I get scared incase people are feeling bad about their relationship and me boasting about mine will make them feel worse.
I'm so glad nobody (yet) thinks I'm mental, ha.
I truly hope if you all haven't already, you can find the happiness I am experiencing. I wish I could share it with you all!!!

• Heart
Well your response made me wanna cry so we're going to all end up a pile of blubbering messes. I want to tell everyone about it but I get scared incase people are feeling bad about their relationship and me boasting about mine will make them feel worse.
I'm so glad nobody (yet) thinks I'm mental, ha.
I truly hope if you all haven't already, you can find the happiness I am experiencing. I wish I could share it with you all!!!
no its lovely, people need to talk more about their wonderful relationships. I feel like everyone is so cynical when it comes to love now and many single People feel like they might have to settle or get into or even those in unhappy relationships who stay. Your relationship is how it should be. Youā€™re building a life with someone so you have to love it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was introduced to my now husband at 16. I didnā€™t even know his name but I knew I was going to marry him when I saw him. Itā€™s going to sounds really weird but when I saw him, time slowed down and he literally glowed.
We didnā€™t even keep in touch or date until a good 3 years later. During that time I didnā€™t even think about him to be honest. But we have now been married for 20 years and have 4 kids.

• Heart

Same thing for me. I just KNEW I was going to marry him. I was sitting on a terrace (thatā€™s what we call it back home) outside a bar and he just walked up and sat behind me. He and his mates were in town for the Grand Prix and we initially thought they were German (couldnā€™t decipher the north east English accent šŸ˜) but we got talking and as the night wore on I never thought I would never see him again. I knew I would see him again. Whenever I think that if I hadnā€™t been at that bar, at that exact time, and that if he hadnā€™t travelled to my city.. etc etc I would have never have met my husband and the father of my children.

100% believe it. From the first time I met my boyfriend we were just extremely content together. He just felt like ā€œhomeā€. I definitely believe that you know when youā€™ve met ā€œyour personā€.

Yep definitely believe it in. Feel like youā€™ve been with them 3 years after 3 months. Donā€™t settle for anything less ladies šŸ„°

• Heart
i have been in so many relationships where I have convinced myself it's true love but looking back it was just being comfortable and loving someone through care. Not being in love.
I hate people glamourising toxic relationships, mind games etc. "Ooh its normal to have arguments!".

I have never even had a tiny argument with my current partner. I understand people have disagreements every now and then but to constantly be arguing, getting one over on eachother then relying on eachother to perk eachother up is very toxic.

You definitely have to love yourself, or be open to loving yourself before you can find something that really works for you and your other half, respectfully and honestly

• Heart
Nah, I dont believe in it. Relationships are hard work, not in that theyre difficult, but you both have to work at it. Life throws a lot at us and its so easy to drop the ball as a couple. I'm probably too bitter after some bad relationships though šŸ˜†

Nah, I dont believe in it. Relationships are hard work, not in that theyre difficult, but you both have to work at it. Life throws a lot at us and its so easy to drop the ball as a couple. I'm probably too bitter after some bad relationships though šŸ˜†
Same. I'm in awe at the confidence from some people just KNOWING they're going to marry someone. What if he's not into you?! What if they're already in a relationship? :LOL: Lust at first sight is a very powerful thing and of course, sometimes these feelings do end up as long term relationships or marriages. But you can't possibly know you're going to marry someone at first sight, sorry. (Apologies if I sound bitter by the way! I'm actually the biggest romantic at heart, but one too many frogs will do that to a girl!)

I do agree with what someone said earlier, though: when it's right, it should feel easy. No games, no second guessing, just knowing you're both into each other. That must be nice.

Nope, when I met my partner I told a work friend it wasnā€™t going to go anywhere and it was just a few dates to get over my ex.

4.5 years later with a house, dog and a baby

Reactions: 4