Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Furnessian

VIP Member
Also, everyone works hard these days, don't they? There are no easy jobs, we're all stretched to the limit. It's largely down to luck and taking your opportunities. Most of us don't have three bathrooms and we still work hard. I dislike that line intensely.

Reactions: 10

OrlandoJonesy123

Chatty Member
Based on the rental price Spoonful of Sugar could have made the best part of $600 or up to $1000 depending on room category by not wasting three nights of Boardwalk points whilst tazzing off elsewhere leaving the room empty. Is that where we are with these vloggers now? Does money have no value?
Most vloggers are completely unrelatable nowadays. Swanning off half a dozen times a year, spending between 2 and 8 weeks out there at a time, flying business class every time or very worst case scenario premium. What makes it worse is several of them don’t even seem to enjoy going anymore cos it’s not a treat. It’s just the norm for them now. Constantly moaning about things too! Be fucking grateful!! So many people would do anything to get out there just the once a year! For that reason I despise so many vloggers right now.

• Heart

swish089

I’ve been really enjoying Brogan Tate’s new new Disney vlogs! Never been too sure on her but her new ones are really informative. She also shows gardiuans of the galaxy as well which is pretty cool

• Haha
  • Wow
Ohhh this thread is fun!!

In the last week we've started watching the Mr's vlogs, I'm almost certain everyone here will have seen them but the pair of them are just joyous.

• Heart

Lollyll

Wizards and walt are great- very small channel with limited videos but they're very down to earth and very much into affordability and keeping things quite simple. Just found them this weekend

swish089

Love how he has posted in the Disney Facebook groups saying “it’s our turn” when he’s literally had like 100 ‘turns’ already this year 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Mark81

VIP Member
I know l and r dreaming said they don’t go out for meals etc, so basically just save up for trips. Kinda sad that you can’t enjoy yourself for the 50 other weeks of the year!
Problem is with them (and I do like them), once you have followed them on social media for a while you realise they do have a fairly expensive lifestyle too. They ship in a lot from the states, constantly going food shopping and having treats, Costa, order from fortnam and mason . They also dsy they don't have expensive TV packages, but at vlogmas they seem to have all the mains streaming channels.

Cool if they can afford it, but don't pretend you live a humble lifestyle. Or if they think how they live is humble then they are a bit out of touch

TeamFiddleFaddle

Chatty Member
Anyone watch "That Sounds Fun"? Sarah and her friend Emma are posting vlogs now of their trip. They are actually really happy and excited to be in Florida and their vlogs show their excitement.

I have been watching Will and Lelly's trip from earlier this year. The trip started out pretty good - but then they both got sick and were done and out for a couple of days. And even when they started to resume their trip, you could see they both felt awful.

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
Just been watching a couple of recommended vloggers Tom&el and Sophie Charlton, and the vlogs show how much they've utilised Genie+, and my goodness people who could stand in a queue longer than 20 minutes. Adam and Gary C take note, and good old Victoria is still trying to work out why her Lightning lane and Genie+ times get moved 😂😂. You can do more than 3 rides a day, who knew🤷🏼‍♀️
I've also found Tom&El useful to get a feel for how much you can actually do in the much-reduced Extra Magic Hours, how useful Genie+ is and how long they've queued both with and without Genie+. I've watched so-called established Disney vloggers like Disney in Detail and learnt precisely zero. Tom&El are a much-needed breath of fresh air exposing how dull the old guard have become.

• Heart

Chandler Bing

VIP Member
Think it depends what kinda vlogs you like, it always gets me excited and wanting to plan a wdw trip! For informative vlogs I tend to watch Disney Food Blog/RixFlix/SuperEnthused
Watching someone else cry for 30 minutes out of a 45 minute vlog doesn't in any way get me excited for going.

• Haha

pauljohns2011

Chatty Member
Genuine question what would you compare DLP to? I’m not trying to be funny here as I agree they are totally different but as they both have ”Magic Kingdoms” with similar rides (In my mind DLP‘s are better rides) I can see why people do compare.
Would it be fairer to compare with Disneyland or Tokyo Disney? Just genuinely interested.
ive Been lucky enough to visit all the parks worldwide when I’ve travelled and often been lucky enough to bolt on trips whilst I was working. I would take the Shanghai and Tokyo parks out of comparisons as they are really quite spectacular and there is no real comparison.

The most direct comparison for DLP’s main Disneyland park is to the original Disneyland in Anaheim. I even think it has similar vintage feeling and established detailing to that of the original DL park, lots of greenery and quirky twists and turns to explore in the fantasyland areas for example. They also feel like there’s lots to do and little hidden bits to explore without needing a ride or attraction, I find WDW Mk lacks this somewhat.
DLPs two gate configuration, disneyvillage proximity and lower volume of hotels close to the parks adds to the similarity.

DLP is really under rated. WDW gets used as a comparison mainly because most vloggers have only ever been to DLP or WDW.

• Heart

Tinksmum

VIP Member
What is it with these vloggers who only have a few hundred views -they do a full sit down ‘trip announcement’ like they are major stars and people are hanging off their every word - I just don’t get it!!

• Haha
And what is funny as these vloggers often preach "shop local", "support small businesses" and yet buy into the biggest chains just because they are American.

• Haha

Emmy79

VIP Member
Lodge guys, go to garden grill, love it. The later moan and email disney and get it all credited it back. They also did that at some place off site too.
This one always pisses me off, they knew what the food would be, could have even watched vlogs or seen pics of the food, they loved it while there then complained that evening and got a refund then ate at California Grill with the money to 'see how it compares' fucking idiots

• Angry
  • Wow

Furnessian

VIP Member
I've gone back a few pages to read what was actually written here about Disney Hannah and honestly if she is that upset about someone saying her editing skills aren't great and that she looked miserable in the background of someone else's vlog then she needs to get a grip. I'm sure she has had a lot worse said about her, it's the nature of the business.

Disneylover_89

Chatty Member
I get this impression also. I know on her older vlogs, she used to work in some theatres around London as an usher, I think. I agree with your earlier comment about handing out Loungefly bags as being really cheesy.
Yeah she was an usher until October 2019. Looking at her views she is only making £500 a month if that. Given that she stays on site at least one night per trip (which is expensive whichever hotel you stay in) and also has been for a week beginning of March, a week beginning of May and a week beginning of June, that is getting on for at least £600-£700 a trip with hotels, food, Eurostar etc. No way is her Youtube incoming even beginning to cover that.

She is going to be 32 at the end of July. No job and being bank rolled by her parents to walk round Disney talking to her camera, I don't think that is any kind of life really. She sometimes does Instagram lives when she is there and just as she is sitting down you can tell in her face that she looks fed up/not happy. The number of times she goes there and for a week at a time I wonder how she is not bored/fed up of the place. I think she must secretly be over it but has to keep going back to get views, even though it's not really making her much money. The QnA she did at DLP sat on Main Street, ignoring a place some people could only dream of affording to go to, answering questions....about herself, shows how tone deaf and self-involved she can be.

She seems to be trapped in a rut of relying on the content and the attention of people commenting on her vlogs and people coming up to her in the park as a source of external validation and boosting her ego.

When her Grandad died I thought that her vlog eating the burger and talking about grief wasn't really trying to help people, it was self-serving so that people would give her attention and validation, as she had seen that it had worked on her Instagram post when she told people he had died.

When she had to leave DLP at short notice to fly to Vienna she said something 'oh don't go looking for me as I won't be there'. This was on the 30th birthday/April 12th. I thought well you must be pretty arrogant to think people are wandering around DLP looking for you when they should be enjoying the big celebration. It's not about you. But then again, sadly, there are people that are more concerned about meeting some vlogger than actually enjoying the park.

I don't think she should be handing out free Lounge bags surely that is against Disney Park policy to be wandering around doing that as she isn't a Disney employee?

Wow this is quite a long post, sorry! But this is my take on things.

Mutley98

VIP Member
I was in an engagement group with her and a few others and one of the girls from the group private messaged me saying that she had said I wasn’t even a true Disney fan as I didn’t like loungefly or some shit like that (which is true - it’s cheap tat!) and I didn’t have any trips planned so shouldn’t really post Orlando/Disney on my feed

I private messaged her to find out what she had said and shock I was blocked on all social media by her 🤣🤣 not a huge loss

or just share my opinion
love that to be a Disney fan you must have a trip booked and love loungefly bags 🤣🤣 anyone can whack on a diddy rucksack and ears and profess to be a fan. Personally I don’t like them, just a pointless gimmick
I hate vloggers who go to Disney for the sake of it, would rather have one good vlog a year than a few pointless ones

• Haha

swish089

There’s definitely a big divide now between vloggers who are doing it purely to gain subscribers/get freebies and vloggers who are doing it for themselves/to have memories etc.
I much prefer watching the latter, but extremely hard to come by these days

Postmansplat

Chatty Member
Glad they scrapped testing if you are that scared of getting covid then stay in Im glad the world is opening up again so I can enjoy going different places around the world! Yea I’ve had covid three times and I can tell you it was nothing compared to a tropical flu I had from cancun years ago!