Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

allstar

You also forgot the shot of touching the plane as boarding.
Saying they are on the moving walkway which is obvious from both sound and sight of walkway
Also the shot of the alarm clock saying 5.30am
Also telling us they can see planes from the lounge. Wow..planes at an airport..I am truly shocked.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

ryvitaninja

I’ve seen a few Tom and El vlogs now and I’m still amazed at these people all saying animal kingdom is their fave park and then not knowing about the train to the Rafikis place…

• Haha

deejvillage

VIP Member
I see Mr David didn’t require his walking stick for walking round Target.
To be fair walking around Target isn’t the same as walking around the parks, unless you’re called Dave from Sophie and Dave then you would have almost certainly done 50k steps.

What I found more shocking is that he’s only 39! I would have said he looks a lot older, poor guy!!

• Wow
  • Haha
I watched Sarah's (That sounds fun) trip planning video and so much of it was planning stuff that she knew Emma would like to do and that is very rare to see these days. I just feel so much of what I see is people being selfish over what they want to do and their friend/partner/companion is an after thought. Similar to the Misters that Ian had planned extra treats for David for his birthday. That is the kind of thing that will make me tune back in to videos as they are nice, kind people!

• Heart

deejvillage

VIP Member
As talk has drifted on to the Misters, I have not watched them simply because there is a bunch that seem to think it is cool to watch or engage with them on socials. Sorry but the more people flower around a channel the more I want to turn off. There is a little band of channels all thinking they will get views through some ass kissing ... nothing is a bigger turn off, especially from tiny wannabe channels like FamilyLifeRed ... who used to be VanLifeRed ... who used to be OhBother ... YUK but there are more than them and it is similar to the way channels pander to Theme Park Bazza all wanting to be his mate, the earlier mentioned C&L Wandering being culprits here.
You see I watch them as they themselves don’t come across as desperate and just enjoy vlogging. They might not be the best vloggers in the world but I enjoy all of their videos.

swish089

Tom and el have uploaded a q&a video, not even half way through and they’ve already given out quite a bit of incorrect info 😬 they’ve said 60 days out for park reservations and 30 days for dining…I do like them but I feel like if you’re going to make a video like that you should at least know your stuff

• Wow

GSquaredUWS

VIP Member
Just finished meeting a new colleague who will be shadowing me next week. We were doing the usual intro small talk when she said “We’re big Disney fans and go there often as we’re in vacation club now” Since she is American and they tend to be fairly open I chanced saying “They have a vacation club? Is it expensive?” and she’s just poured out the lot! I didn’t get the home resort or number of points but here’s what this lady paid for DVC, direct from Disney:

She financed at $850 per month for 10 years. It would have been c.$60K upfront if she had cash but they one had the down payment saved. The maintenance fees are currently a little over 2K a year. She says this gets her family “about 10 nights in a one bedroom” per year.

• Wow

deejvillage

VIP Member
Excuse me if I’m being naive, but if you can’t physically stand in a line for 60+ minutes then surely that’s a valid case for DAS? No?
I originally thought the same but apparently not. I still think it's a much more valid case than these vloggers who have selective anxiety who can't possibly stand in a queue but can go and see little mix in the standing section!

As I say I would forgive the Misters as most people would think that they have a valid case.

Reactions: 10

fizzer20

David and Ian's prepping and packing video was different, going into detail about looking for coupons before leaving. That stuff is never on my radar, in Australia, coupons aren't a thing, so would never think to seek it out. Their vlogs I'm looking forward to the most, and I wouldn't mind longer vlogs from them.

• Heart

Nadurath

VIP Member
I like the assumption that people are “hiding” on this site and the whole be kind trope. If I think someone is a cunt and I say it on here, I’ll happily say it to someone’s face as well. Because my opinion remains valid whether it’s a username or my actual name. And generally cunts will remain cunts.

• Haha

deejvillage

VIP Member
We have been trying to find new ones too. But the numbers are clear. The small channels with tiny views… are low because they are rubbish.

even lodge guys with their multiple uploads a week from Florida haven’t grown their channel. Bring back the old vlogging days!
Yup at the moment is either the desperate ones or dull as anything. I watched Megan Clutterbuck (great name) who actually seems like quite a good one but just take the travel sickness tablets beforehand because my god it's a bumpy ride!

I've even started watching Disney in Detail again as at least she is engaging, just engages mostly with shops and coffee shops.

My wife did just say we could always watch the lodge guys...she was sent out of the room to think about what she had just said 🤣

• Haha

Furnessian

VIP Member
Yeah, it annoys me when people like Lisa and Ade imply that sharing a chicken breast etc effectively pays for 3 luxury trips to the US a year. Get fucking real

• Haha

deejvillage

VIP Member
Im a bit of a newcomer to their vlogs, I sat and watched all the house move ones which were quite enjoyable to watch. Although their new place must have been in quite a state with the previous owner/occupier. Their old flat looked like it wad nicely furnished.
Could never really see much of it as the flat was sooo small and they had sooo much "toot". David is a bit of a collector to say the least, I think Ian is now catching up with all the house plants.

Honestly through lockdown I was more than happy just to watch them sat on a sofa talking rubbish! They seem genuinely nice guys.

deejvillage

VIP Member
While I don't like disney in detail due to how shit and boring they are, I mich prefer vloggers with calmer on screen presence amd less like a kids tv presenter. Hyper, dramatic or over excited type vloggers like Hattan and the Misters just aren't for me.
We all have our own preferences, personally I prefer some personality (but has to be the right type) over just droning on. I don’t mind Victoria it’s just she very rarely does anything apart from drink coffee.

I don’t think the Misters are how you describe but again that’s just my preference. Hattan for all his failings is still entertaining enough to watch.

There are a lot of wannabe vloggers that are as dull as anything and some like Get Binky that I just want to punch every time I see them. It’s a very fine balance to get it right and no one will ever be liked by everyone.

Figgy411

I still really enjoy the Mr’s, including the innuendo. I don’t think it’s over the top and they’re funny to me- I find grown men lusting over face characters way more off-putting than anything I’ve ever heard them say- but to each their own.

They have mentioned David’s ankle giving him grief in other vlogs, even if he wasn’t using a cane then. Walking an hour around Ikea is a lot different from walking a whole day in the parks, so that does make sense to me. I do wonder why they were granted DAS, if it’s not intended for people with mobility issues, though. And also I am curious: what type of issues is DAS actually intended for?

Mouseears

I used to really like Beth from find us in paradise but omggggg girl doesn’t half milk things for engagement. Why has she made such a song and dance about her husbands new job?? Do people really care that much🥴