Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only just seen they have replaced Mickey's not so scary with a shorter event (Boo Bash) , with no parade or fireworks for a much higher price.
I know it's not a 'must do' for every time as its the same thing each year but its the principle that annoyed me. Also looked up the Genie system as not heard of it. Just seem to be more and more money involved now.

Reactions: 3
As others have said. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was for all rides but the extra add on for others is a kick in the teeth. Someone’s ‘sources’ have said the add on cost will be between $2 and $24!!! Obviously it’s a ‘source’ so take it with a pinch of salt but it will rack up quickly.

lots of people on Facebook groups are saying they won’t be going anymore or that their currently booked trip will be their last. It isn’t going to put me off that much - I’m child free so I’ll only ever be paying for my own so worst case scenario it’s less merch. I think I’ll only add it for a couple of days of my trip though. I also think they’ll eventually add some sort of perk for U.K. tickets or onsite guests too.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
For us when we go as a couple the cost isn’t the worst thing ever though I’d prefer it free obviously. The additional variable cost for big headliners is unfair.
A small thing but annoying for us is having to take our phones. We like to leave them as much as possible when on holiday and just use the little kiosks to book more fastpasses. I’m wondering if they will still be able to be used?
Also I saw it mentioned in another group about how bad the old app was for not always loading properly etc. I hope this app will run better and also updated wifi in the parks!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yeah surely for uk guests there is some sort of package?

Honestly though as much as I love Disney it just makes the costs obscene to what other holidays I could enjoy elsewhere in the world

It doesn’t make sense for us to go to Disney world anymore. It was pricey enough before but they’ve got too greedy and I’d honestly rather spend my money on the house or different holidays that won’t break the bank.

Its such a shame, I don’t think we will be back for a long time.

Reactions: 6
We have a trip booked for next year which was postponed from this year. It's costing us around the same as this year for a lower level of accomodation (on site), which was already a kick, but the fast pass thing sucks, especially when they are back up to full capacity. I think they should offer some days for free for resort guests but guessing that won't be happening. Also a bit concerned to see the DAS pass is changing as we used this with my daughter on our last trip and it made such a difference to the trip. However having said all of this I'm so glad to be going back to WDW.

Reactions: 2
So as someone who's done dlp and wdw quite recently
DLP is a gorgeous park and I do love it, however it is a lot less value for money that WDW
I priced up DLP for next September and for 5 days to stay on site it was coming up as over £1000 for a family of 3 (including a toddler)
Whereas you can do 2 weeks in Orlando on site at disney for just over £2000 and that would include your dining credit.
DLP is also a lot more expensive when there, a bottle of cola is 5 euros and the good compared to WDW isn't the greatest but there isn't really cheap or expensive options, its all quite overpriced for what it is.
So theoretically it is cheaper to get there than Orlando, however, value wise, its not great
I need you to price up for me. I keep getting 7000 for family of 4 with virgin for 2 weeks wdw on site :(

Sorry to jump in - when are you planning on going? Also from where in the uk? And I’ll take a look for you 💛💛
Has to be school holiday times :( i need a disney guardian angel aha
Probably london is better i think, but willing to travel as far as Manchester if price is right. We're an hour and half from both London and bristol. Close to m4 :)

Reactions: 1
Has to be school holiday times :( i need a disney guardian angel aha
Probably london is better i think, but willing to travel as far as Manchester if price is right. We're an hour and half from both London and bristol. Close to m4 :)
Perfect I’ll take a look for you this afternoon/evening and come back to you. Are your messages open on here? If so I’ll message you instead of clogging the thread 😂

Let me check. Ive never used them before aha!
Sorry it’s taken me so long to come back to you. So I’ve played around with the school holidays for next year, I had to guess how old your kids were - unfortunately the cheapest I can find for you the Easter holidays (10-24 April) is with TUI and it’s £8010.10 which includes Pop Century hotel, flights (LHR to MCO), tickets, and transfers.

Cheapest for the summer holidays is 28th July to 11th August via Disney’s website and thats All Star Music hotel, Flights (LHR to MCO) and tickets for £8029.44 (plus a dining credit worth $504) the magical express bus stops as of 01.01.22 but you can book transfers via Mears website and it’s about $60 in total for transfers to and from the airport

Unfortunately with it being the 50th anniversary and so many people re-booking from last year and this year, the prices are a little insane for 2022 🙃 I’m sorry I couldn’t be more help

Sorry it’s taken me so long to come back to you. So I’ve played around with the school holidays for next year, I had to guess how old your kids were - unfortunately the cheapest I can find for you the Easter holidays (10-24 April) is with TUI and it’s £8010.10 which includes Pop Century hotel, flights (LHR to MCO), tickets, and transfers.

Cheapest for the summer holidays is 28th July to 11th August via Disney’s website and thats All Star Music hotel, Flights (LHR to MCO) and tickets for £8029.44 (plus a dining credit worth $504) the magical express bus stops as of 01.01.22 but you can book transfers via Mears website and it’s about $60 in total for transfers to and from the airport

Unfortunately with it being the 50th anniversary and so many people re-booking from last year and this year, the prices are a little insane for 2022 🙃 I’m sorry I couldn’t be more help
Not sure on the deal you're looking for but;

We are going in the summer holidays, August 2022 and staying at All star Movies. Family of 4, two children, Price including park tickets was about £3600 when we booked (it's now £3900). Dining credit and $200 gift card, memory maker included, Flights to be booked through sky scanner but are coming out at the moment at approx £2k all in. So total for 2 weeks staying on site at WDW, value resort with park tickets and flights £6k.

Obviously, I'm watching flight prices like a hawk and seeing if they sky rocket!! Haha!!

Not sure on the deal you're looking for but;

We are going in the summer holidays, August 2022 and staying at All star Movies. Family of 4, two children, Price including park tickets was about £3600 when we booked (it's now £3900). Dining credit and $200 gift card, memory maker included, Flights to be booked through sky scanner but are coming out at the moment at approx £2k all in. So total for 2 weeks staying on site at WDW, value resort with park tickets and flights £6k.

Obviously, I'm watching flight prices like a hawk and seeing if they sky rocket!! Haha!!
Clear your browsing history! And do it in a private browsing tab! They track what you search across your devices

Skyscanner doesnt effect the prices if you have logged in before using the same IP, even flights generally dont anymore. They will vary day to day not user to user.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.