Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wont be free DDP though :( do you guys all buy it outright?!
I have paid for the ddp before as we were going on dates when the free offer didn’t apply (it was for our honeymoon so couldn’t really move it). Ideally would prefer free of course but I think overall we would still save money paying for ddp compared with paying as we go.

I suspect at some point they will do the free dining offer again. They already had to offer dining credit to get bookings from the uk this year.

Does anyone know is Disneyworld Holidays price match? found exactly the same holiday on ATD a few hundred ££ cheaper but would rather book through Disney.

Hi, could anyone explain to me the process of using a DAS pass? I have read that you have to go to guest relations to get one and that they don't necessarily ask for evidence. I have developed anxiety during the pandemic, and now have panic attacks any time I'm queuing or waiting in public spaces (thanks Covid :cry:). I have just got medication for it, but it sounds like the DAS pass might make it a very different much more enjoyable holiday. To use it, do you just go up the fastpass queue and get given a time to go back? Is it on your disney app? Thanks in advance! I've tried to find videos on it, but it's mostly "used the das pass we'll go back later."

Does anyone know is Disneyworld Holidays price match? found exactly the same holiday on ATD a few hundred ££ cheaper but would rather book through Disney.
They definitely don’t price match I’m afraid

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Hi, could anyone explain to me the process of using a DAS pass? I have read that you have to go to guest relations to get one and that they don't necessarily ask for evidence. I have developed anxiety during the pandemic, and now have panic attacks any time I'm queuing or waiting in public spaces (thanks Covid :cry:). I have just got medication for it, but it sounds like the DAS pass might make it a very different much more enjoyable holiday. To use it, do you just go up the fastpass queue and get given a time to go back? Is it on your disney app? Thanks in advance! I've tried to find videos on it, but it's mostly "used the das pass we'll go back later."
Ive never seen the DAS pass used in Florida - Paris, but not florida…have a mosey on the trip advisor forum for some more info , they are amazing over there !

Mr David and Mr Ian use DAS pass. When you get to guest services, they give you a paper booklet, and then you go to the fastpass queue and they right down the time it would take you to queue in the regular queue to come back. You can only get 1 at a time. It might have changed post covid, but it was like that in early 2020.

Fuming about the DLP news. What a load of tit. It’s really making me think twice about booking. I don’t know if it’s worth it anymore.

Reactions: 3
I find that DLP has done this odd? You can pay for FP there anyway? The paid option was always there or you could grab a free one?

Also I just looked at the list, both times I have been Star Tours was walk on. Who is paying 8 euros to go on star tours?

Reactions: 2
For people who have a holiday/are planning one for the next few years- would WDW introducing this paid for fastpass put you off going?
I'm so close to booking a 2022 holiday, but seeing this potential news I dont think I'd go anymore :(

For people who have a holiday/are planning one for the next few years- would WDW introducing this paid for fastpass put you off going?
I'm so close to booking a 2022 holiday, but seeing this potential news I dont think I'd go anymore :(
Nope!

If the standby virtual queue option works much like FP+ once you had used all your 3 FPS for that day and you just do virtual queues one after the other then that’s not too bad IMO.

It won’t put me off going, but it will all add up to it being an “every other year” holiday rather than once a year trip.

its again another thing they are being cheeky twats and charging for. Its getting to the point where I’d rather just pay I dunno 10k upfront and have an all inclusive type experience. Yes it would mean going fewer times, but at least it would feel like a proper holiday and not being harassed by a looky looky man in a mickey suit at every turn 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
I’m so sad about Happily Ever After 😭especially knowing I won’t get to see it again.

My husband and I watched it on the first night of our honeymoon and I always pictured going back when we have a child and watching it with them 🥺💔

I hope the new show is amazing.

I am so torn on what to do about Disney next year … on one hand I think wait for the dining plan … on the other hand I’m thinking duck it and book pop century for October half term & get the dining credit

it just seems so much more expensive than last time we went (2017) with half the perks we had then …. I do want to take our son but ugh I don’t know , it’s a lot of money to spend on a fortnight away

I am so torn on what to do about Disney next year … on one hand I think wait for the dining plan … on the other hand I’m thinking duck it and book pop century for October half term & get the dining credit

it just seems so much more expensive than last time we went (2017) with half the perks we had then …. I do want to take our son but ugh I don’t know , it’s a lot of money to spend on a fortnight away
Wait. The dinning credit isn’t even offered for chunks of October, our holiday next October doesn’t even qualify for the free gift basket and I’m staying in the yacht club 😂

• Wow
We use a DAS pass in Florida, you go to guest services and ask, they take your photo and it is added to your ticket/magic band. got to the ride ask for a DAS pass, if thre wait is 30 mins or less you get to go straight on through fast pass entrance if wait if longer than 30 mins you get given a time to come back. you can only have one DAS pass at a time but it stacks with your other 3 fastpasses. However at the moment there are no fastpasses but they are still running the DAS pass but not sure how it works atm

I'm actually annoyed at Disney, no magical express, no free magic bands, no night EMH, no dining plan, no FP!
Can we all boycott so they bring everything back :(
I'm still debating over 2022, I reckon SO many people will go in 2022, Disney know they dont need to offer incentives. I'd say wait till 2023, even though im desperate to get back too.

Reactions: 3
I'm actually annoyed at Disney, no magical express, no free magic bands, no night EMH, no dining plan, no FP!
Can we all boycott so they bring everything back :(
I'm still debating over 2022, I reckon SO many people will go in 2022, Disney know they dont need to offer incentives. I'd say wait till 2023, even though im desperate to get back too.
We're waiting for 2023 for these reaons (And the fact that my partner is the shittest money saver ever :mad: to the point of I'm going alone if i have to)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.