Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We use a DAS pass in Florida, you go to guest services and ask, they take your photo and it is added to your ticket/magic band. got to the ride ask for a DAS pass, if thre wait is 30 mins or less you get to go straight on through fast pass entrance if wait if longer than 30 mins you get given a time to come back. you can only have one DAS pass at a time but it stacks with your other 3 fastpasses. However at the moment there are no fastpasses but they are still running the DAS pass but not sure how it works atm
Thank you so much for this. I've never been so when you say go to the ride and ask, if there normally a cast member in front of both queues at the entrance to the ride or do you go up the fastpass queue?

Thank you so much for this. I've never been so when you say go to the ride and ask, if there normally a cast member in front of both queues at the entrance to the ride or do you go up the fastpass queue?
There is now a cast member near the fast pass entrance

Reactions: 1
We’re waiting for 2023 now as well, was meant to go this august but have other postponed holidays rescheduled for 2022 😂

Unless the benefits improve we are staying off site though, been looking at condos. Don’t fancy the isolation of a villa but loved the space when we stayed in dvc.

• Heart
Are there any condos actually on I drive? We're going to have an odd number of people when we go, so a hotel is awkward. But I so want to be on I drive so we can walk around and get food and such.

Hi, could anyone explain to me the process of using a DAS pass? I have read that you have to go to guest relations to get one and that they don't necessarily ask for evidence. I have developed anxiety during the pandemic, and now have panic attacks any time I'm queuing or waiting in public spaces (thanks Covid :cry:). I have just got medication for it, but it sounds like the DAS pass might make it a very different much more enjoyable holiday. To use it, do you just go up the fastpass queue and get given a time to go back? Is it on your disney app? Thanks in advance! I've tried to find videos on it, but it's mostly "used the das pass we'll go back later."
For das pass you need to go to guest relations at the start of your trip! It gets attached to your tickets and lasts for 14 days, so after 14 days just have to go back to guest relations to get reset! and to get a time for your ride you have to go to the fast pass queue and the cast member will scan your ticket and give you a return time, which is based on the current wait time, it then will show up on the app with fast passes :) it can be used in addition to fast passes, but you cannot get another das return time until you have used the first :) if you’re going to universal their policy is slightly different and you are given a physical paper pass that is signed at the attraction when you are given a wait time/ actually going on the ride, universal have also questioned me before (I’m anxiety sufferer) and it was a bit more invasive in that way, which wasn’t comfortable as other guests in the guest relations area! They instead tried to tell me which queues and rides would be unsuitable before they gave me the pass, I was there for a year and once I had one pass I had no problem renewing!

For das pass you need to go to guest relations at the start of your trip! It gets attached to your tickets and lasts for 14 days, so after 14 days just have to go back to guest relations to get reset! and to get a time for your ride you have to go to the fast pass queue and the cast member will scan your ticket and give you a return time, which is based on the current wait time, it then will show up on the app with fast passes :) it can be used in addition to fast passes, but you cannot get another das return time until you have used the first :) if you’re going to universal their policy is slightly different and you are given a physical paper pass that is signed at the attraction when you are given a wait time/ actually going on the ride, universal have also questioned me before (I’m anxiety sufferer) and it was a bit more invasive in that way, which wasn’t comfortable as other guests in the guest relations area! They instead tried to tell me which queues and rides would be unsuitable before they gave me the pass, I was there for a year and once I had one pass I had no problem renewing!
Thank you for all this that's so helpful! We are going to Universal as well so thank you very much for that titbit too. If needs be I'm going to pay for a copy of my prescription and will ask my therapist to write a short letter as proof to wave in front of them. That's not great really if they try to tell you "don't go on these rides" when they could easily accommodate you by saying come back at this time and we'll let you on, that's discrimination surely?!

Thank you for all this that's so helpful! We are going to Universal as well so thank you very much for that titbit too. If needs be I'm going to pay for a copy of my prescription and will ask my therapist to write a short letter as proof to wave in front of them. That's not great really if they try to tell you "don't go on these rides" when they could easily accommodate you by saying come back at this time and we'll let you on, that's discrimination surely?!
No problem! If you have any more questions I am here I was out there for a year so am quite handy with everything haha. yeah was really bizarre compared to disney like I’m fine on rides it just waiting in long queues and tight spaces! But again once I got the pass, no problem at all same premise you just go up to the ride to get a return time (some attractions are in hour blocks so for example hagrid a was a 2 1/2 hour wait but cos of the hour block times we ended up with a 20 minute return time) usually if the current wait time is 20 minutes or less they let you straight through express :)

Has anyone ever gone on a solo trip l, I don't really have anyone to go with me, I really want to this will be my first time to disney as adult I went WDW twice when I was 3/4 and 6/7 and I don't really remember it . Probs won't be for a year or two.

Has anyone ever gone on a solo trip l, I don't really have anyone to go with me, I really want to this will be my first time to disney as adult I went WDW twice when I was 3/4 and 6/7 and I don't really remember it . Probs won't be for a year or two.
I haven't gone on my own before but have a solo trip booked for Nov 2022. Decided just to go for it in the end 😊

Reactions: 2
I’ve been tempted but not sure how I’d feel on my own! I’ll go with you 😂 I know people love solo trips but I’m such a worry wart - like I’d worry about getting an Uber alone or if I was halfway through my meal and needed a wee - would they clear my plate - told you I’m worry wart!! 😂

I've done solo, I stayed at All Stars so I could use Disney transportation & didn't really venture offsite aside from a trip to the outlets. I had a great time - nobody cares if you're alone. I was active on the DIS forums at the time so met up with people a couple of evenings.

Best thing was not having a plan, just waking up deciding where I wanted to go & taking my time if I wanted. In fact my trips since have been with others & it's kind of annoying going with other people 😂

Reactions: 6
I've done solo, I stayed at All Stars so I could use Disney transportation & didn't really venture offsite aside from a trip to the outlets. I had a great time - nobody cares if you're alone. I was active on the DIS forums at the time so met up with people a couple of evenings.

Best thing was not having a plan, just waking up deciding where I wanted to go & taking my time if I wanted. In fact my trips since have been with others & it's kind of annoying going with other people 😂
How long did you go for How much did it cost you to stay at all stars and how much spending money did you take/spend

I haven't gone on my own before but have a solo trip booked for Nov 2022. Decided just to go for it in the end 😊
Awesome how long are you going for, I'd like to go maybe end of next year or early to mid 2023, I would like to do others things in Orlando too aswell as the disney and universal parks

Last edited:
How long did you go for How much did it cost you to stay at all stars and how much spending money did you take/spend
I was there for a week, it was about 8 years ago but I think All Stars was around $100 a night. I didn't spend much, didn't have any sit down meals, just grabbed snacks or counter service when I was hungry. I think if you're alone you're less likely to want to do sit down meals & definitely preferred just grabbing something when I got hungry instead of sticking to an ADR. Disney merch wasn't great at the time so I didn't buy much aside from some drawings from Art of Disney & some Xmas gifts for family - this was before spirit jerseys & loungefly bags!

I’d love to do a solo trip. I did the CRP and spent a bit of time in the parks by myself before/after work and chilling at resorts alone. A few years back I went with some friends and one day we all split up and did our own things in the morning and then met up again in the afternoon which was nice.

The previous two times I’ve been I’ve gone off on solo days and left friends to do what they wish. I’d love to do a solo trip but it’s the cost that puts me off 😢

Ive moved my November trip this year to next now as they offered the free credit. Now staying at Colorado Springs, what are others experiences of staying here?

The previous two times I’ve been I’ve gone off on solo days and left friends to do what they wish. I’d love to do a solo trip but it’s the cost that puts me off 😢

Ive moved my November trip this year to next now as they offered the free credit. Now staying at Colorado Springs, what are others experiences of staying here?
We loved it. It’s big but people online really overhype how big. We stayed in the ranchos area and it was great. About a 8 min walk to el Centro and bus stop 2 right by us! The busses can be full by the time they get to bus stop 4 is the only issue 😖

So now all the genie + etc has been officially released. What's everyone's thoughts?
We will be going on different holidays 😂 I think it’s really greedy, and as a family with young children I don’t want to be long queues all day.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So now all the genie + etc has been officially released. What's everyone's thoughts?
I was expecting it and they are the last of the theme parks to charge for this really. I’m a bit pissy about it. I think I would be less annoyed if it were just the Genie+ daily fee but to then charge extra per ride for the really popular ones (mine train etc) is greedy. Luckily I think mine train is boring but still!

I will miss fast pass booking day and the planning aspect too 😭

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.