Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They probably won't allow it but I'd look at taking the hit and then re booking
Actually they always allow this - I've done it 4 other years, booked with dining then when free dining came out they added the free offer to my booking. They technically cancel and rebook you themselves but they have always allowed it 😊

That's if they do end up offering it next year anyway - I'll go either way though 🤷‍♀️

I literally cannot beleive she has still not posted or donw any videos - she is the laziest human. What is she even doing with this time? She must be bored by now surely.

Reactions: 1
Actually they always allow this - I've done it 4 other years, booked with dining then when free dining came out they added the free offer to my booking. They technically cancel and rebook you themselves but they have always allowed it 😊

That's if they do end up offering it next year anyway - I'll go either way though 🤷‍♀️

I literally cannot beleive she has still not posted or donw any videos - she is the laziest human. What is she even doing with this time? She must be bored by now surely.
Yes we’ve been advised by our travel agent that if we pay for the dining we will get a refund if the free dining comes out for next year 😊

Don’t believe anything until it’s announced directly from Disney. There have been rumors like “it’s coming next week/next month/1st June/in July” for months now.

you can currently pay for it with TUI and direct with Disney for 2021. Seems wrong that they are allowing people to move their trips and add it as a paid option if free dining is on the way. Obviously I really hope this is the offer they are going to provide but who knows! Social distancing could still be in place into next year so restaurants could have limited capacity so Disney will be wary.

Virgin seemed to have removed it but that is down to them. I’m in several Disney groups and specifically UK ones where no one else in those groups are aware of any free dining for 2021 yet and haven’t been offered it - even TAs so either the friend is very in the know or is mistaken.

I’d recommend joining some of the Facebook groups if you’re not already, they are really helpful.
As I said on my post above:

“Not certain on their source as there is always much speculation surrounding free dining: the fact that you can’t add on dining packages may simply be due to Disney cancelling them for the foreseeable? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’ve been going to Florida for years and already follow numerous forums and these speculations are always rife (usually Feb-March as it has usually been a released offer annually in April) I stopped following a lot of the Facebook groups a long time ago, partly due to not using Facebook as much and partly I didn’t find them as welcoming or helpful as some forums sadly - things may have changed though 🤷🏻‍♀️

Don’t believe anything until it’s announced directly from Disney. There have been rumors like “it’s coming next week/next month/1st June/in July” for months now.

you can currently pay for it with TUI and direct with Disney for 2021. Seems wrong that they are allowing people to move their trips and add it as a paid option if free dining is on the way. Obviously I really hope this is the offer they are going to provide but who knows! Social distancing could still be in place into next year so restaurants could have limited capacity so Disney will be wary.

Virgin seemed to have removed it but that is down to them. I’m in several Disney groups and specifically UK ones where no one else in those groups are aware of any free dining for 2021 yet and haven’t been offered it - even TAs so either the friend is very in the know or is mistaken.

I’d recommend joining some of the Facebook groups if you’re not already, they are really helpful.
Virgin have removed it to add on the free dining. As are tui. Disney direct want all the money they can right now. I work for Virgin and have been told this. So I would hold off booking for 2021 if you can

As I said on my post above:

“Not certain on their source as there is always much speculation surrounding free dining: the fact that you can’t add on dining packages may simply be due to Disney cancelling them for the foreseeable? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’ve been going to Florida for years and already follow numerous forums and these speculations are always rife (usually Feb-March as it has usually been a released offer annually in April) I stopped following a lot of the Facebook groups a long time ago, partly due to not using Facebook as much and partly I didn’t find them as welcoming or helpful as some forums sadly - things may have changed though 🤷🏻‍♀️
Usually Disney offer this via travel agents in mar/apr but because of the closures and cancellations they chose to postpone rather than lose bookings as people may not be in a position to book.

Thanks guys we’ve had flights for August 2021 booked for months (booked through Tui when they were released last November 😶).

Holdinh out free dining, and if it doesn’t happen will looking at an apartment like the lake buena vista village for the extra space with the kids.

Really want to stay onsite if we can so we can use the free transportation etc.

We’ve booked for August 2021 and added the dining (paid for) before it disappeared on Virgin Holidays! Do we think we will be able to replace the paid for with free when it comes about? If not I guess we could cancel the booking and re book if it works out financially beneficial to lose the original deposit :)

The DIS has a good page with all the updates - I find the official website difficult to navigate, so that is really helpful:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-world/reopening-information-updates.htm

They also have a forum section, but the UK pages isn't as active as the DIBB.

Disney announced a bit more about how the resorts will be affected. Main one is you'll only be allowed in a resort if you're staying there or have a dining reservation, so no more resort bar hopping for now 😭

I think Disney are concerned about how many resort bookings they have in the system for the next couple of month and are trying to put some people off as the number of reservations exceed the total park capacity. Then again I could be completely wrong 😂

Really want to cancel/reschedule our trip for October but Disney saying they can't currently reschedule to me on chat and UK advice will be out soon.

Swear they have been saying this for nearly 2 weeks now 🙄

love reading all these tips, we took our toddler to Paris last year and I soooo want to do Florida. I feel like the amount I want to see and do I’ll need 3 weeks 😩😩

my and my husband did Anaheim on our honeymoon. I thought it was rubbish and so half arsed. Would not recommend or go again

love reading all these tips, we took our toddler to Paris last year and I soooo want to do Florida. I feel like the amount I want to see and do I’ll need 3 weeks 😩😩

my and my husband did Anaheim on our honeymoon. I thought it was rubbish and so half arsed. Would not recommend or go again
We always do three weeks and 10 visits later we still haven’t seen all we want to 😂

• Haha
We’ve booked for August 2021 and added the dining (paid for) before it disappeared on Virgin Holidays! Do we think we will be able to replace the paid for with free when it comes about? If not I guess we could cancel the booking and re book if it works out financially beneficial to lose the original deposit :)
If you get a good agent they cancel the original booking and rebook it with free dining and knock the deposit you've paid off the new booking as a "discount" so you don't lose out at all.

They what we did when we booked our honeymoon. We booked in Jan with no dining plan and when the offer came out in April the agent at Virgin phoned us and rebooked it all. It ended up being a lot cheaper and we got the £200 gift card. It was actually the agent who told us to do this when we booked.

Reactions: 2
They’ve now stopped selling the dining plan for next year and packages post September 2021. Looks like tickets have gone up slightly as well 😭 were not going until August 2021 (flights were booked months ago with Tui). I think I’m just going to hold my nerve until Christmas as see where the world is then.

• Sad
What is Disney like when it comes to Halloween?
Is it dauntingly crowded? I’m planning at least a week there as part of a 3 week holiday in Orlando, haven’t got a set date yet, just wanted to see what everyone’s opinions were on staying at Disney in Halloween😊 all tips are helpful too as I’m a newbie to Disney parks and Orlando itself👍🏻

What is Disney like when it comes to Halloween?
Is it dauntingly crowded? I’m planning at least a week there as part of a 3 week holiday in Orlando, haven’t got a set date yet, just wanted to see what everyone’s opinions were on staying at Disney in Halloween😊 all tips are helpful too as I’m a newbie to Disney parks and Orlando itself👍🏻
Ooh a 3 week holiday is my dream!

Halloween is a great time to visit. Disney put on Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party which is a themed event in the Magic Kingdom where they have a parade & fireworks, give out loads of sweets and have special character meets. You have to pay for a separate entry ticket which can be quite pricey if you're in a group when you've already paid out for park tickets, but they limit the crowds so the lines for rides are pretty short. It on a few times a week in September / October so you don't have to go on halloween itself (it usually sells out on that date so I'd choose a different date anyway).

If I was looking for something to do on Halloween night, I'd avoid the parks and visit some of the resorts as there will be a Halloween atmosphere there with decorations etc. It's also worth checking out Celebration (a residential area near Walt Disney World), but not on Halloween night as it can get really busy!

Unfortunately the above is based on previous experience and hugely subject to any covid-19 changes :(

• Heart
So Disney have removed Oct-Dec 2021 from sale both for tickets and hotels 🤷‍♀️ No reason given yet!

Does anyone have any official word on the Disney Dining Plan? We moved our holiday from this August to next August last week, and all of a sudden random people are saying dining plan is officially cancelled as of two days ago? But can't see anything official or anyone official talking about it? Can someone clarify this or even post a link?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.