Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any official word on the Disney Dining Plan? We moved our holiday from this August to next August last week, and all of a sudden random people are saying dining plan is officially cancelled as of two days ago? But can't see anything official or anyone official talking about it? Can someone clarify this or even post a link?
No I haven’t either 😬 Disney have removed the option on new bookings

Is anyone planning on going to Paris before the end of the year?
Not planning but if everything seems ok we will try slot a last minute visit in. I have an AP

What is Disney like when it comes to Halloween?
Is it dauntingly crowded? I’m planning at least a week there as part of a 3 week holiday in Orlando, haven’t got a set date yet, just wanted to see what everyone’s opinions were on staying at Disney in Halloween😊 all tips are helpful too as I’m a newbie to Disney parks and Orlando itself👍🏻
The Halloween party is amazing. Special character meets have insanely long waits but rides are usually walk in and the parades and shows are very good.

If you have younger kids SeaWorld do trick or treat every weekend with your standard ticket , loads of themed characters around . It's the totall opposite of scary though the trick or treat walk is so colourful and fun with loads of bubble machines too

No I haven’t either 😬 Disney have removed the option on new bookings

We have flights for sept October 21 and now heard rumours no UK 14/ 21 day ticket will be available 😭😭

We have put off visiting the last couple of years with the intention of having a huge trip to overlap the anniversary celebration . Honestly it's just sounding like our plans are ruined now. I'm trying not to think about it at the moment. And hope I can get some excitement and salvage it all done time next year when I know exactly what's going on.

I am sympathetic towards Disney though and the task they have ahead organising and managing such a big reopening . !!

Last edited:
What are people’s thoughts on booking a Disney holiday for July 2021? We’re eager to book but we just can’t decide if that’s a silly idea under the circumstances😫

What are people’s thoughts on booking a Disney holiday for July 2021? We’re eager to book but we just can’t decide if that’s a silly idea under the circumstances😫
We had already booked flights and are going August 2021 (fingers crossed!)

Thanks for all the info. We was going to book Paris for this July for the kids birthdays. Anyway corona fucked that up. Fingers crossed for next July. (Were only going to Paris as the kids would have been 7&1). Deffinaly florida when they are bigger!

Sorry to everyone who's lost out on their disney magic this year 😔

Thanks for all the info. We was going to book Paris for this July for the kids birthdays. Anyway corona fucked that up. Fingers crossed for next July. (Were only going to Paris as the kids would have been 7&1). Deffinaly florida when they are bigger!

Sorry to everyone who's lost out on their disney magic this year 😔
Have they made any announcements yet for when Paris park is reopening

I have just booked DLP for December the week before Christmas (they’re reopening on the 15th July I believe). Dare I say it I’m a little bit excited! The measures they have in place seem ok and I don’t mind wearing a mask, I’ll get a Disney themed one I think🤣 I feel like going later in the year gives them more time to work out the kinks and smooth out their procedures, im hoping they’ll have the illuminations back by then too... time will tell!

Reactions: 2
I found a great deal in Jan at Newport bay £600 3 nights but hubby doesn't want to go as it will be cold booooo 😂😂😂

To anyone whose been to Disney World Florida for about 2 weeks - how much did you save/pay to go ?
We paid 5000 for two weeks with the free dining plan, flights and accommodation at port Orleans Riverside 2 adults

I think prices will be high and with this park booking system thing potentially stressful, we've decided not to go back until 2022 😥😥

This thread has understandably been dead a while!

But is anyone thinking of booking for 2022? I’m considering a Feb or April trip but never been in Feb so not sure. (Obviously all covid dependent!)

I am gutted about magical express going too 😩 but the train sounds like it will be a cool replacement when finished.

But is anyone thinking of booking for 2022? I’m considering a Feb or April trip but never been in Feb so not sure. (Obviously all covid dependent!)

I am gutted about magical express going too 😩 but the train sounds like it will be a cool replacement when finished.
we’re hoping for august but not sure. I’m waiting for dining plans to come back but not sure if they ever will, either paid or free! DME going is a big sad for me, especially as the train won’t be running until 2023

Meeee! I am pretty gutted about the ME but as I am going as a young women and I’m going to another young women we will be staying on property due to safety. I hope they bring a lot back though! We also won't be driving which adds to it too.

We are hoping october!!

Reactions: 1
I will try and move my 2021 booking to 2022 (although I’ve got another 2020 holiday already moved back 🤦‍♀️😂).

I’m on site kinda gal, but all these changes are really making me think why bother when as a family we could have a large condo. It’s the driving that puts me off.

I think we might wait until 2023 for the new universal park because Nintendo world looks amazing 🤩

Reactions: 4
I will try and move my 2021 booking to 2022 (although I’ve got another 2020 holiday already moved back 🤦‍♀️😂).

I’m on site kinda gal, but all these changes are really making me think why bother when as a family we could have a large condo. It’s the driving that puts me off.

I think we might wait until 2023 for the new universal park because Nintendo world looks amazing 🤩
It does! I'm so excited for everything new but I am so desperate to go because well 2020.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Me too I love on site but they just keep taking away all the things I love 😭

If they were to bring back FP and the dining plan at some point this year then I will be 100% in.

I’m just worried that the way they bring them back alters them drastically like extortionate prices for daily FP.

I would like to go 2023 as well 😅 I am thinking I need 2 trips a year for the next few years to make up for last year being awful 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Me too I love on site but they just keep taking away all the things I love 😭

If they were to bring back FP and the dining plan at some point this year then I will be 100% in.

I’m just worried that the way they bring them back alters them drastically like extortionate prices for daily FP.

I would like to go 2023 as well 😅 I am thinking I need 2 trips a year for the next few years to make up for last year being awful 🤣
I think we’ll get max pass like California which I thinks is like $15 a day?!

Maybe it will. I mean Paris has the paper fastpasses and they work okay. Paris is so much quieter though. I don't envy Disney world trying to come up with a plan than allows people to actually enjoy their time at the parks rather than standing in lines all day. Payment sucks but maybe that is the only way?

That would be fine (though quite a lot if we were to go for 21 days 😬).

I just really liked the previous FP system, it was really easy to use and searching whilst you were in the queue after scanning in and trying to get a good one for your next ride is always part of the fun for me!

That would be fine (though quite a lot if we were to go for 21 days 😬).

I just really liked the previous FP system, it was really easy to use and searching whilst you were in the queue after scanning in and trying to get a good one for your next ride is always part of the fun for me!
Me too, the planning of booking rides months in advance was too much for me. I can’t cope 😂

Am I the only one that enjoys fast pass booking day?! Haha

I think Florida for us will be 2023 unless free dining and fast passes are back sooner as we will only stay on site. Plus I don't think the train gets completed until then too.

Me too, the planning of booking rides months in advance was too much for me. I can’t cope
😂
Am I the only one that enjoys fast pass booking day?! Haha
Oh I meant once the 3 you book in advance are all gone! I am there with my spreadsheet 60 days out 🤓🤣

I just like when you have used all 3 the rush when you get a good one like getting a flight of passage out of nowhere, so satisfying 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.