Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lovells milky lunch bars... vice versa chocolates... secret bar... mars delight... mint poppets... those mint munchie-style chocolates with the soft mint centre?!

Reactions: 5
I like that we have film and music streaming at the touch of a button but I do miss the days of going to blockbusters and hmv, browsing thru all the films and cd's silently judging people in the queue based on their choices.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I like that we have film and music streaming at the touch of a button but I do miss the days of going to blockbusters and hmv, browsing thru all the films and cd's silently judging people in the queue based on their choices.
Loved saturday night blockbuster treats, my dad always made us pick the 2 for a fiver (or whatever it was) videos, we never got to pick new ones that cost more to rent, not that we cared.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Fabulous baking boys cupcakes!! I used to have them in my packed lunch 🤣 and prawn cocktail wotsits. God what I would do for a pack of them now while I’m 2 friday gins in
Yes! Those cupcakes were so good. I could eat a whole pack of them in one go.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yum! Saw these a few years ago in Poundworld stores, same with Home Bargains. Not seen them in a few years though.

Anyone remember Astros? They were so good!

And Lyons Cupcakes - the lemon and orange ones were my favourite.
You can still get the white chocolate bars in Europe. I think a friend spotted them in Ireland when visiting family (pre covid) but it’s mega expensive to get them sent here!

Reactions: 1
Boots "Fresh" bath and body range was amazing. They also made one called "Starlet" which was similar to Soap and Glory in terms of "vintage", but the packaging itself was retro-styled rather than just printing a picture of a woman on it. I loved those. The only Soap and Glory product I really liked was the Sugar Crush body wash which they have just discontinued!!!

Ham flavour Mini Cheddars, double chocolate Trios, Dairy Milk with biscuit

Escada "Moon Sparkle" and "Cherry in the Air" perfumes. You can get a Moon Sparkle "dupe" which is called "Have Fun" by La Rive, but the Escada packaging was so much nicer (and unfortunately I haven't got an empty bottle to decant it into!)

I can't remember what it was called but Kelloggs used to make a cereal consisting of baked honey and cinnamon squares, I loved it

Boots "Fresh" bath and body range was amazing. They also made one called "Starlet" which was similar to Soap and Glory in terms of "vintage", but the packaging itself was retro-styled rather than just printing a picture of a woman on it. I loved those. The only Soap and Glory product I really liked was the Sugar Crush body wash which they have just discontinued!!!

Ham flavour Mini Cheddars, double chocolate Trios, Dairy Milk with biscuit

Escada "Moon Sparkle" and "Cherry in the Air" perfumes. You can get a Moon Sparkle "dupe" which is called "Have Fun" by La Rive, but the Escada packaging was so much nicer (and unfortunately I haven't got an empty bottle to decant it into!)

I can't remember what it was called but Kelloggs used to make a cereal consisting of baked honey and cinnamon squares, I loved it
Oh I lived cherry in the air. Bought it on holiday in Madeira ❤

Does anyone remember chipie body sprays? I only found them in boots. I
Must have been 13 at the time, so around 1998 time?

Do you remember those pringle containers? Where you could only get a few pringkes in, but you just had to have them 😆?
You were "cool" at primary school if instead of a bag of crisps in your packed lunch you had a few pringles in one of those containers.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
You were "cool" at primary school if instead of a bag of crisps in your packed lunch you had a few pringles in one of those containers.
Yes, there were the must have accessory for every packed lunch. I remember I had a pink one. Then all of a sudden, the craze died out, like they often do.

Cadbury's Country Style chocolate. It had a gingham cover and had sultanas and biscuit in the milk chocolate.
Cabana bar - moist coconut with cherries in a milk chocolate coating
Nutty bar - a caramel slab studded with peanuts
Bar 6 - like a Kit Kat but more substantial. We had these for our desert at school.
Mac frosted lipstick in Meltdown - an amazing coral gold colour.
Shaders - little sachets of hair dye which changed your hair colour for a few weeks. Loved them as a teenager.
Tins of pureed apples. We used to get huge tins of them, delicious chilled with cinnamon on ice cream.
Space hoppers
Pogo sticks

• Heart
Omg I used to love the Pringle containers 🤣 I had a pink sparkly one it was epic hahaha

Reactions: 6
And Fresca - a grapefruit flavoured soft drink. I thought it was so sophisticated.
Pink Panther chocolate bars - swirly strawberry flavoured chocolate.

You can tell I was brought up in St Albans, the home of Cadbury's Schweppes.

And Fresca - a grapefruit flavoured soft drink. I thought it was so sophisticated.
Pink Panther chocolate bars - swirly strawberry flavoured chocolate.

You can tell I was brought up in St Albans, the home of Cadbury's Schweppes.
We still have Fresca in Canada!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.