Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ready Salted Chipsticks, a user here has a pic of them as their profile picture and it always makes me sad, they were my favourite.

Body Shop Japanese Musk perfume oil.

Reactions: 5
Years ago, Golden Wonder released a sort of premium version of their Pot Noodle, it was called ‘Posh Noodle’. Wasn’t around that long but I loved it. Only a couple of flavors launched. I’m not sure why they discontinued it, surely I couldn’t have been the only fan! View attachment 505595
I mentioned them when I first found this thread. I wanted them back so much that I messaged Pot Noodle on Facebook years ago. They said it's not coming back 😭😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Frozen yoghurt lollies ... well I’ve not seen any locally, they used to be a lower-calorie version of the ice cream ones.

Reactions: 1
I mentioned them when I first found this thread. I wanted them back so much that I messaged Pot Noodle on Facebook years ago. They said it's not coming back 😭😂
I think regular Pot Noodle consumers just didn’t know what they were missing. Maybe put off that they didn’t consider themselves classy enough for Posh Noodle demographic. Either way, it was definitely a big loss. Totally appreciate you doing your best to help re-instate it ❤

• Heart
Picture this:
It's the year 2005, you've just turned 7 years old. For breakfast, you wolf down some Golden Grahams and slurp up the remaining cinnamon-y milk with a coco pops straw. For lunch- praise the lord- it's Friday and Jamie Oliver hasn't yet pounced upon our beloved school dinners with his grubby salad fingers. However, we are quite literally praising the lord before lunch because it's a Church of England school. All is well, though, because it's turkey twizzlers and chips for lunch. And for dessert, a cornflake tart with custard. Delicious.
On the way home from school, you run ahead before your mum can say no to going into the corner shop. You grab your favourite Bursting Bugs sweeties and stand there until she catches up and, catching her breath, has no choice but to pay because you're already front of the queue. You're a little tit, but it's worth it for these juicy treats. For dinner your mum makes casserole- disgustang! You put most of it down the side of the sofa and insist upon your second helping of cereal for the day, preferably Golden Nuggets.
Life is good.
D’you know, I was saying this to my mother. I’m 22, I can’t remember EVER eating turkey twizzlers in school! Everyone raves about them even some of my classmates but I don’t remember them at all! Maybe my school had jumped on the health trend early? I started school in 2005 so 🤷🏻‍♀️ Mind you the new ones look bloody disgusting - like intestines! It’s a no from me! 😆 Cornflake tart though 🤤 and in my primary school we used to have cookies literally the size of your face, still warm from the oven too, they’d melt and bend in your hands. They were amazing I genuinely mourn them 😆

• Sad
Reactions: 4
D’you know, I was saying this to my mother. I’m 22, I can’t remember EVER eating turkey twizzlers in school! Everyone raves about them even some of my classmates but I don’t remember them at all! Maybe my school had jumped on the health trend early? I started school in 2005 so 🤷🏻‍♀️ Mind you the new ones look bloody disgusting - like intestines! It’s a no from me! 😆 Cornflake tart though 🤤 and in my primary school we used to have cookies literally the size of your face, still warm from the oven too, they’d melt and bend in your hands. They were amazing I genuinely mourn them 😆
It was probably a good thing you didn't have them... I don't think we had them very often at all, but I remember loving them. If I were to try the original ones now, I'd probably think they were grim!! Not the most visually appealing food, but obviously appeal to kids. Ooh I don't remember having proper cookies, you got lucky there. I do remember these cakes, though, and I can still feel them stuck to the roof of my mouth 😂 No idea what kids have for school dinners these days.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Popchips ... used to come in multipacks, and they were lovely. Now you can only buy one “sharing” bag and they seem to have changed the recipe, they’re all sort of claggy and stick to your teeth.

It was probably a good thing you didn't have them... I don't think we had them very often at all, but I remember loving them. If I were to try the original ones now, I'd probably think they were grim!! Not the most visually appealing food, but obviously appeal to kids. Ooh I don't remember having proper cookies, you got lucky there. I do remember these cakes, though, and I can still feel them stuck to the roof of my mouth 😂 No idea what kids have for school dinners these days.
Certainly not that beauty of a cake :love:

My kids school has pretty good food but they've cracked down majorly on the sugar. 'Pudding' is always yogurt and fruit. There's always filled rolls and sandwiches, and soup. Hot food is usually curries, pasta, pies, fajitas, burgers, mac and cheese, baked potato etc. Chips are reserved for Fridays only. The youngest years are only offered water or milk, no juice.

I remember the twizzlers and those turkey drummer things, I loved them. I’d probably boak at either now. School dinners are much more healthy now, though the desserts are really very similar (at least in my area) - they’ve replaced sugar with sweeteners to keep the levels down and portion size is smaller but it tastes the same (I work in a school and we often get leftover dessert as they can’t keep it obviously.)

Reactions: 3
I've tried the new Turkey Twizzlers and they aren't the same 😭 duck you Jamie Oliver 😤

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I make school cake at home, never lasts more than a day! I remember it served with pink, green or chocolate custard with a thick skin on it back in the 80's 🤣

If anyone wants the recipe, this is the one I use, it's foolproof!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Chicago Town Sweet pizza.

I had one a few years back. It was bleeping lovely. Now they are nowhere to be found.

Reactions: 2
I remember the twizzlers and those turkey drummer things, I loved them. I’d probably boak at either now. School dinners are much more healthy now, though the desserts are really very similar (at least in my area) - they’ve replaced sugar with sweeteners to keep the levels down and portion size is smaller but it tastes the same (I work in a school and we often get leftover dessert as they can’t keep it obviously.)
Oh man, the amount of turkey drummers I had during high school! Bloody loved them, I’m gonna buy some tomorrow and prob have my fond memories shattered by how tit they are these days...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I occasionally buy turkey drummers or dinosaurs or unicorns, they are perfect when i want a "tit tea". I never used to have turkey twizzlers at school, cheddar buttery and beans was my go to if I wasnt slinking off home or going into the centre for an iced bun from the bakery.

Reactions: 2
I occasionally buy turkey drummers or dinosaurs or unicorns, they are perfect when i want a "tit tea". I never used to have turkey twizzlers at school, cheddar buttery and beans was my go to if I wasnt slinking off home or going into the centre for an iced bun from the bakery.
I get a craving for the birds eye crispy chicken dippers occasionally for the same reason!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.