Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I was looking for somewhere to make my first post here and this thread is perfect!

I used to post on DS many years ago but had my account deleted when I couldn't be bothered with the idiots there anymore. The way so many would twist your words into something you never implied let alone said and then jumped down your throat attacking you with unbridled glee was crazy even back then but I couldn't imagine trying to hold a conversation there now. The vast majority of posters seem a few sandwiches short of a pinic, to put it as politely as I possibly can and the moderators...wow. What planet are they from? I have never seen such inconsistent yet heavy handed modding in my life. They are bizarre. It got even worse a few years ago when a company in Canada took over the running of the place and pretty much anyone who wasn't far left got banned. I have no idea why they keep the place going 'cause it's vile and makes Hearst look terrible.

Anyway, like many I was first made aware of Tattle after all talk of a certain gentleman with the initials PS was banned everywhere else and I've been reading ever since. I would like to thank you all for helping me through these difficult times, not just covid but before. I'm in my thirties and in ill health, and can't leave the house most days. I get so much entertainment out of this place but also it's just refreshing to have somewhere people won't just yell "hater!" at each other and actually discuss the shortcomings of people trying to sell us shit.

Sorry for the tl:dr, just thought it was finally time to give posting a go myself and I'm excited to have found somewhere which is open-minded regarding gossip and censorship because it's getting more difficult these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

freda19

VIP Member
It's a graveyard. If you aren't woke and into virtue signaling how woke you are in general discussion then you are fucked.
Same with trans threads. No matter how polite posters are they cop warnings and bans for refusing to fall in line with the very obvious admin agenda.
Same with Showbiz. Certain people are out of bounds unless you are kissing their arses.
As for soap threads ! Don't even try to integrate because if you've not been in there for 5 years then your face doesn't fit and you get ignored by the cliques running them. They chat more about their piles and hospital appointments and exchange 'in' jokes just to let intruders know they're not welcome.
Also they refuse to allow discussion of the Harkles. Now, the excuse goes like this "We are closing this thread as it is going nowhere". Well you tossers in admin, if you would read the fucking thread you'd see that it's the same half dozen or so brainless twats who derail it by demanding links then denying the links provenance when they are posted. There is also a habit of attempting to belittle anyone not seeing the sunshine emanating from snarkle's well battered old minge. She's a cunt and he's a eunuch traitor to his country, deal with it you ostriches.
The best of it is that people start threads on (literally) what your shit looks like, or how you wipe your arse or how often you change your knickers and apparently those are fine.Actually that sums the forum up, a load of arsey shit wallowed in by brainless sheeple. Thank fuck for free speech.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

freda19

VIP Member
I used to venture in into the SCD spoiler thread as I have no patience 😂 but the pretend tea, cake ,wine was not for me , I just used to refresh the last page till the result came up. I made the mistake once of commenting on how much I like a dance once in the normal thread, boy did I wish I hadn’t 😂😂 got my head ripped off, his head was facing the wrong way , her little finger was crooked blah blah blah, I just said I liked it, did not need a lesson in Dance etiquette from a Million professionals who probably never get off their sofa’s 😂
Yeah it gets crazy in there. I can't stand all that "I've brought pink gin and home made vegan brownies " Oh fuck off and get a life, you're stuck in a high rise dump with 6 cats and a rusty 1960's oven and Mary Berry you ain't. Fantasists and nutters. Ovaries pinging all over the threads when a handsome bloke comes on screen.:eek:
The 'NOT An Appreciation Thread' allows for negativity up to a point but they still do the crap "Are you wearing your NAAT issue pashminas girls" and "Ooh we have handsome topless waiters tonight girls!". Fuck sake, get your HRT dose increased and wise up, idiots.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
The thing I like about Tattle is that you can have a disagreement with someone, but then it’s forgotten and you move on. Over there people will stalk you all over the bloody forum just to point score or get you back in some way.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
It's become horrifically toxic. I think the mods must be on drugs because there really isn't anything else that explains their logic.

I've not posted there in a few years. Can't even remember my login details. I still rubberneck though to see how low it can go and I think they're just about at rock bottom these days.

Would bring me such joy to wake up one morning and see the whole rotten forum wiped from existence forever.
Be careful what you wish for, some of the more grasping members might end up here!

Note to Tattle Mods - don't let them infest our site. We don't want to turn into Digital Spy 2. (y);)

• Heart
Reactions: 13

plymouthbloke1974

Hi everyone! I’m also a former DS forum user - often frequenting the broadcasting, Sky and Mobile Phone sub-forums (under the same username) I was an active member since pretty much day one, until about 2 years ago when I dared to have a different opinion in the Politics forum. I’d gone from not having ever being sanctioned to getting a lifetime ban within a few weeks. I’d like to echo that I was an “outsider” as I had opposing views (I support Brexit and hate the Labour Party) and the packs of wolves were out in force, dishing out personal abuse, picking apart everything and rounding up others to “have a go”. Of course, when I retaliated I was banned. I reported the other members for their vitriol but they were allowed to continue unabated.

Not only am I glad to have only found this place today, I’m also glad that I wasn’t alone. I was made out to be the devil-incarnate and was bullied out.

• Heart
  • Sad

Ladyloulou35

The ons shining light in there was years ago by Biffo the bear, home colonic irrigation thread in general discussion, I have a link somewhere, I will see if I can find it, it was the funniest thing I have ever read. Whenever I have felt really down I have re-read it. A story of what happened when he bought a home irrigation kit from eBay 😂😂😂😂 Just checked you can google it!

• Haha

Ladyloulou35

I thought I would start this as it seems that many of us have been on DS and migrated over here, for me there is not the censorship that there is there, if your face does not fit you are toast! Only ever recieved one ban though, spent most of my time on BB, Love Island Threads, glad to be here, have not ventured over there since I discovered tattle, I hope if Love island comes back there will be a thread on here, pure escaspism for me, I am old enough to be their mother 😂😂😂

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I put it here as most of the DS chat has been about the celebs

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Thanks for starting this thread ladylou. I've been a member of DS for years but in the last few years it has really turned toxic. When I first ventured on there you could post an opinion and at least some people would respond positively. You would get a divide in opinion but at least there was a reasonable debate. Now on most subjects there seems to be only one right view and if you are not agreeing with the dictated opinion you get relentlessly bullied.

In recent days I've been called 'hate filled' for daring to say that Harry and Meghan are useless scroungers. Harry and Meghan are loved on there and you cannot be negative about them.

Showbiz is really the worst place now . I don't know how they can even call it a forum as actual discussion seems to be frowned upon. Ive seen so many threads deleted by the mods for no good reason either.

In my view DS has been infiltrated by a bunch of childish virtue signallers and quite dangerous people who have an agenda to push. They pounce on anyone who is not part of the gang and their favourite attacks go like this:
prove it, you're a hater, you're jealous, you are a facist/racist/homophobe/TERF

I was beginning to worry until I joined Tattle because I couldn't understand why my opinions seemed to be so out of kilter with theirs. Thank goodness I found this site which has some lovely people on it who don't resort to attacking others. I really hope that Tattle stays this way and isn't infiltrated by some of the bullies on DS.

• Heart

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I got in trouble there the other day on that thread about Lisa being photographed wearing PJs. They all have a violent dislike of Ant Mcpartlin and deemed that Lisa being papped was down to him trying to discredit her!

Now I don't have a strong opinion about either of them but you would think that Ant was the devil incarnate over there. When i posted that Ant has moved on and probably has better things to do with his life than ensure Lisa is hounded by the press, I was accused of being a zealot fan of Ant (and I'm really not). There's absolutely no balance. Everytime I see certain posters pop up I know that they are going to relentlessly push their agenda.

There is one poster in showbiz who always gives me a headache no matter what I post.

I also get a lot of flack in GD with my threads mainly because my links are from the Daily Mail.

Well at least something good came out of the advice section, I've cured my cramp problem after
someone suggesting I eat Banana's, I tried it and bloody well did the trick.
You're not allowed to post anything from the Mail over there because it automatically means that you are a right wing fascist 🙄

• Haha

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Hi. I am yet another former Digital Spy escapee trying to find solace in a similar forum but with far fewer egotists and delicate types who love reporting you for breathing too fast or too slow or too loud!

Used to love DS, not just for the forums but generally. However, it all began to go a bit pear shaped some 18 months ago when everything became all too serious for some, and infractions were dished out right left and centre, to the extent where you dare not speak your mind even in a friendly humours way in case it provoked the ire of the Watchers.

So I quit a few months ago, and am glad to have found a site like this. Feels like a second home, yet this is my very first post, and the first of many I hope. :)

Reactions: 11

HockyRorror

VIP Member
As former member I still sometimes do a drive-by and lurk at some of those threads, especially in the Politics forum. And OMG its like a piranha feeding frenzy if you even dare post a comment that goes against the consensus! :eek:
Say something like “BLM protests are getting violent and out of hand” and you are banned for ‘downplaying racism’.

Say something like “human beings can’t change sex” and you are banned for ‘downplaying transphobia’.

Say something like “I support the tories” and you’ll be banned for ‘causing trouble’.

But feel free to be as anti-Semitic as you want, that’s fine and not racist and you are in no danger of a ban.

Make a post about standing in a children’s park wearing a nappy under your clothes and shitting in it whilst you watch them play and then go home for a wank over it should be ban worthy, except if you’re trans, and then it’s just a lifestyle and therefore kink shaming if you object.

GD and Politics used to be my favourite forums but I don’t visit either anymore because of all the above. Soaps is still alright to see people’s opinions on recent episodes and storylines but Showbiz is a much more inferior version to anything Tattle provides!

Speechdancer

Chatty Member
So many "banned subjects" on DS, at least over here we can discuss more or less anything or anybody.

The showbiz forum is more or less dead, no fun there whatsoever.

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Join the long list of DS refugees Redvers.

One thing I've found here is if you disagree with someone or post a different view, you're not met with a torrent of abuse and called 'scum' or 'racist' every 5 minutes.
Another DS refugee here (from the LBC thread). Banned for life after 17 years, for expressing opinions that didn't please the mob of potty-mouthed bullies who rule the thread now.

• Heart

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
There used to be a really nice poster on the BB section called WonkeyDonkey who was always fair and kind to people who were getting a hard time. Does anyone else remember her?
Unfortunately she died. There doesn't seem to be anyone like that on there these days.

• Sad

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I was banned for saying that it’s just a biological fact that transwomen can’t menstruate. They can’t because they weren’t born with the ‘equipment’ to do so. I’ve nothing against trans people on a personal level, live and let live as far I’m concerned etc.

But apparently pointing out that it’s not transphobic to say trans women can’t have periods is ‘minimizing transphobia‘.

The place is a fucking joke!

Reactions: 10

No Drama Llama

This pretty much nails my suspicion that most DS members are actually posting from Broadmoore.
On DS, a lot of posters spend all day, every day saying exactly the same thing which is mostly sneering at anyone that has a different opinion to them, telling everyone how intelligent and nice they are unlike those evil Tories and Brexiters and how thick and racist the gammons are. You then go out in the real world or on to other forums and realise that these posters are actually in the minority, the country voted to leave the EU, the Tories are in power, Meghan and Harry are becoming more and more disliked because of the way they are behaving, etc. etc. so your comment about Broadmoor may actually be nearer the truth than you think. You can only assume a lot of these posters are walking round with their fingers in their ears and pencils up their nose as they seem to have no awareness of what is actually happening in the world possibly because they spend all day, every day at home (or in a padded cell) online.

• Haha
  • Heart
Veri is a woman, I am sure.

Her MO was to find the most popular opinion on BB forums and post an arbitary opinion just to be fucking contrary. Rumpole of the fucking Bailey. She actually asked me if Danielle Lloyd using racist words made her a racist? Er?!! I didn't respond.

I have never been on the politics forum.

Soaps forum is a nursery playground. Big long threads starting:

'Evening Emmerdalians, I am eating my monster munch and drinking coke. Hope we're all well.

A non-regular would reply with something like 'Last nights episode was rubbish, what has happened to Harriet?' Cue them being totally ignored and them all navel gazing and talking about what they're eating/drinking/wearing. One of the rudest posters I have ever encountered in Soaps is Oldnjaded. Bit my head off when I said Vanessa was over exposed and presented a trillion statistics about her screentime compared to other characters. Just. Fuck. Off.

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
The problem with DS moderation, is that it's faceless.

On other forums, the Moderators normally engage with other members of that forum. So everybody then knows who is in charge.

The moderation is by far the biggest issue with DS these days. It so off it's a disgrace. DS is the only forum I've been on were you have no idea who the mods are. They should either be unable to post or if they do we should be aware they are moderators.

I've seen so many times arguments going on threads between two posters, literally for pages, and only one of them will be banned or warned.
It's no coincidence that there are so many people now who have been members for many years without so much of a warning have found themselves banned within a very short space of time while others seen to be able to post what they want and bait freely without any consequence.

DrLoomis

Hi all, I'm another former DS member that has migrated over. Don't worry, I've had a test and isolated so I'm not bringing any of the DS madness with me. This is my first post and I already feel way more comfortable posting here than I did over at DS.... at least here I don't have to worry about Tanya being offended or worse telling me about her sexcapades.

• Haha