Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BlahBlahSheep

Certainly makes you wonder though, doesn't it. She is a train wreck, as said any other job and she would be in the dole queue.
That could probably be said for a lot of politicians to be honest. Amber Rudd wasn’t great. She stood down from the Cabinet after the Windrush scandal but carried on as an MP. Even just recently Jacob Rees Mogg has been a train wreck and had to be put in isolation during the election campaign and the Court ruled that Boris Johnson misled the Queen... doesn’t seemed to have affected their job prospects though.

Reactions: 9

MrsPiggleWiggle

Chatty Member
Her tweet suggesting the shooting of the BLM activist was racially motivated was appalling. Along with removing the ability to comment.

That should have been a sackable offence.

Reactions: 8

No Drama Llama

Your post didn’t read terribly well on the back of the “race card” theme the thread was taking.

It’s really easy for white people to bleat “don’t make it about race”, less easy for them the acknowledge their own inherent, often unconscious prejudices.
It would seem that can work both ways!

Eirawen

VIP Member
Exactly!

New Labour are a big part of reason we're in the mess we are now. They started the lies about how we were controlled by Europe, they didn't use their right for delayed migration during the eu enlargement like Germany did so led to a huge flux and building up resentment. Then they didn't even bother to count people. Gordon brown announced the sale of the gold, so crashed its price and flogged it on the cheap . Working tax credits allowed employers to pay less and keep people depending on the state and create a divide between single people and families for state support.

Right I'm going to stop there before I get onto Iraq which Dianne did vote against, her voting record is ok but that just mirrors the popular opinion of hackney. I know Dianne is just one member of labour while they were in power. I just can't help but rage whenever I think of new Labour or Gordon brown.😡

Anyway back on Dianne, this caller was funny suggesting she should become the leader of labour but couldn't explain why 🤣

You couldn’t get that job via nepotism, that’s not how the fast stream works. The diplomatic fast stream is very hard to get on to, you have to pass all sorts of tests, there are only a handful of jobs every year for thousands of applicants. I know because I’ve applied!
Now whether he was prepared for the tests and application because he was a private school kid is a different story, but he won’t have got that job just because of his mother.
I agree 100% Margaret Thatcher failed to get into the fast stream and I think she held a grudge against the civil service ever since. I worked in the Civil Service for over 20 years and many of the succesful Fast Streamers (not all) were from Public School backgrounds so yes maybethey were being coached and prepared for the Fast Stream applications.

PeteM

VIP Member
So, really, this is a thread about Diane Abbott's son. OK.

I've seen her around Hackney a few times. Very personable and seems really nice.

Yel

Chatty Member
Given the amount of racist abuse she gets in response to everything she posts [and I don't mean valid criticism or discussion] but I totally understand why she would use the limited replies.
I'd understand it more if she did it for every tweet, rather than just using it for apology tweets concerning the Uyghurs. Something not quite right about someone in public office turning off the replies when they are making a public apology/statement. Straight after this she goes onto taking easy shots at trump on twitter.

She's so often out of her depth and speaks very sure of herself. Doesn't anyone check her tweets before they go out? I'm no expert in it, but everywhere else says Uyghur Muslims rather than Muslims in Uyghur which seems incorrect.

Beluga

Seems he has mental health issues which are not necessarily brought on by skunk. I can't say I am a big fan of hers and she seems a rather incompetent politician, but this situation must be terrible for her.

Evidence suggests that psychosis risk is increased by experiences of trauma and adversity and especially in BAME groups so I wouldn't necessarily assume skunk although it could be a factor.

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
Apparently the court was told the offences were committed while he was being treated for mental health issues. It does seem ‘out of character’ and the offences seem to have started after he left his job working for the Foreign Office based in Italy. I wonder if he left that job due to mental health reasons.

Reactions: 7

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
I am amazed that she is shadow Home Secretary. This will be one of the many reasons that some folk won’t vote for Labour at the moment.
I can’t recall what she was like as a political figure back in the day, maybe she was a political heavyweight - I really have no idea.
She has become a laughing stock. I have not seen any TV interviews with her for quite some time, but in recent years I have had to turn her off. It’s not pleasant to watch her being interviewed.
For her own dignity, she should retire, and the Labour Party need to get realistic and stop underestimating the voting public.

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm not sure I believe politicians and their excuses any more than I do influencers. If she really was that ill you'd think she herself would pull out of the circuit of interviews and the labour party would have also not let it go ahead.

She comes in with her condescending and patronising voice baiting about Tories and tax cuts for the rich and it just gets worse

It's when she goes quiet, starts talking slowly and shuffles paper 🤣. It's not even like she's a new mp and doesn't know that nick Ferrari will actually probe for answers. The whole men and women thing throughout gets me everytime 🤣

• Haha

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
The woman is a Cambridge graduate. Why can she not just shut up for 5 minutes and find out some facts before she makes a fool of herself? So now 4 Black men have been arrested, people at the party have said it was gang related and she has unnecessarily dug a hole for herself and invited derision.

Yel

Chatty Member
How's that war on drugs going? 🙄

Skunk is terrible stuff, super high in THC and next to no CBD to balance it out.

Jumping the gun by miles, but if this is the cause id have the up most respect for Diane if she tried to improve the situation of drugs in the UK. Skunk is fucking up so many people's heads and it's the law that's encouraged it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

No Drama Llama

In my experience the sort of people who comment with statements like “throwing the race card”, are racists.

Diane Abbott is not without her flaws, but she is judged far more harshly than white fe/male peers and always has been.

It doesn’t hurt to take a moment to think why that might be.
In my experience, plenty of politicians are judged harshly. People on this thread have judged Diane for what she's said and done and for the actions of her son - you're the only one trying to make out it's anything else.

• Heart

Rosie878

VIP Member
That could probably be said for a lot of politicians to be honest. Amber Rudd wasn’t great. She stood down from the Cabinet after the Windrush scandal but carried on as an MP. Even just recently Jacob Rees Mogg has been a train wreck and had to be put in isolation during the election campaign and the Court ruled that Boris Johnson misled the Queen... doesn’t seemed to have affected their job prospects though.
Totally agree. Amber Rudd has messed up every job she’s ever had but she’s like Teflon. She was even referred to as a king maker in the Tory leadership election. The mind boggles.

Diane did herself know favours with the comment about West Indian women going to the wall for their children. It was a very divisive thing to say. I hope her son gets the help he clearly needs and that he earned his promotions on his own merit.