Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
Wonder if he’s smoked a lot of skunk. Mental health problems are notorious with skunk smokers.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 14

SisterBliss

You couldn’t get that job via nepotism, that’s not how the fast stream works. The diplomatic fast stream is very hard to get on to, you have to pass all sorts of tests, there are only a handful of jobs every year for thousands of applicants. I know because I’ve applied!
Now whether he was prepared for the tests and application because he was a private school kid is a different story, but he won’t have got that job just because of his mother.
Sorry but this is incredibly naive. Of course there’s nepotism, people get given test answers, get coached in how to perform during these assessment and ultimately assessors can mark them any way they want, there is no area, except something highly practical where you have to demonstrate your manual skill for all to see, that can’t be rigged. I’ve seen it done in much more rigorous testing circumstances than the one you described, several times before. People with half a brain and a raging drug habit graduate from Harvard with Honours without ever learning anything, this shit is everywhere, it’s why our world is in this sorry state, because incompetents are running it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
The idea of purposefully whispering so the police officer moves closer to you to hear, to enable you to then spit in their face is so, so abhorrent.

There are medical staff and police officers who have been infected with hepatitis from being spat at in the face... imagine just waiting for the test results to come through after an incident like that, let alone if the results are positive.

Reactions: 13

Pambo

"There were no white-seeming people manacled on the slave ships"

Grateful if someone could school the uneducated and biased cow on the Barbary slave trade then. Black people absolutely do not have the monopoly on being slaves; ALL races were at it.

Better still, instead of banging on and on and on and on about things that happened hundreds of years ago. If these morons could kindly put their efforts into stopping modern slavery down at their local car wash, high street nail salon, cheap restaurant/cafe etc. I absolutely do not understand why people like her are obsessed with ranting about the ancient past, but do nothing about improving things going on in UK towns right now.
The Muslim Barbary pirates operated out of the north African coastal regions of the Ottoman Caliphate and entire populations of southern coastal towns in Italy, France, Spain, England and Ireland were decimated. That's Islam plus white Europeans as victims, so that's one victimhood gong you ain't ever gonna hear getting banged on by the woke crowd.

The same crowd who'll pull down statues re Britain's colonial past but ignore that while the British Empire was in full swing, so was the Ottoman Empire, and life under the British was fecking paradise in comparison to what was going on in the Ottoman Caliphate.

If anything's been 'appropriated', it's the issue of slavery. Who owned slaves? Greeks and Romans, Vikings, all North African and Middle eastern states (and some still do), most African empires, in one form or the other most of the South American empires, and indirectly most European empires prior to Britain enforcing abolition. Yeah, Britain put an end to that shit which was commonplace in the entire world at the time, while slavery was so ingrained in African culture it carried on well into the 20th century.

There's an unwillingness to accept, and deal with, the historic fact that those who initially enslaved the unfortunates who were transported to the New World were AFRICANS, not Whites. African kings, queens, and tribal chiefs had been trading their fellow Africans (an estimated 20 million) to Arab slave traders for at least 600 years before the transatlantic trade began. No European armies were needed to overcome resistance to the transatlantic trade. Quite the contrary, the African elite enriched themselves at the expense of fellow Africans. Their raiding parties captured the African victims, then bound and marched them to the coast for sale to the European traders. All of this is well known, but dare not be discussed.

But personally, I think it's about time the Normans were held to account for their blatant violation of our human rights when they embarked on their invasion of Britain.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Nordic

She’s a disgrace, used to be my mp. Part of her constituency is a large and visible orthodox Jewish community Which makes her statement even worse,
I feel for her as a black woman with lived experience of racism, but she’s an mp. She needs to serve all her constituents,

Reactions: 12

liar liar

VIP Member
“Some of the things she's said would be career ending for other politicians

Are you insinuating she‘s only in her job still because she’s black and/or a woman?
Well she got the job because she was screwing Corbyn. She's completely unfit for office as has been proven time and time again.

Pinchme

VIP Member
“Some of the things she's said would be career ending for other politicians

Are you insinuating she‘s only in her job still because she’s black and/or a woman?
Certainly makes you wonder though, doesn't it. She is a train wreck, as said any other job and she would be in the dole queue.

It's not just her tbh there is one rule for them and another for us!

givepeasachance

VIP Member
"There were no white-seeming people manacled on the slave ships"

Grateful if someone could school the uneducated and biased cow on the Barbary slave trade then. Black people absolutely do not have the monopoly on being slaves; ALL races were at it.

I highly recommend a book called White Gold by Giles Milton. It's the true account of a young cabin boy from Cornwall who was kidnapped from his ship (along with the rest of the crew) and sold as a slave in the North African slave markets. After 23 years in slavery, he escaped and made his way back to Cornwall. This book is his account of what he and his shipmates were subjected to and witnessed - truly horrific.

Over a million white Europeans were taken from ships, fishing vessels, coastal communities etc and sold in the North African slave markets.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
You couldn’t get that job via nepotism, that’s not how the fast stream works. The diplomatic fast stream is very hard to get on to, you have to pass all sorts of tests, there are only a handful of jobs every year for thousands of applicants. I know because I’ve applied!
Now whether he was prepared for the tests and application because he was a private school kid is a different story, but he won’t have got that job just because of his mother.
Nepotism and going through a recruitment process are not mutually exclusive.

Reactions: 11

uh-hoe

Your post didn’t read terribly well on the back of the “race card” theme the thread was taking.

It’s really easy for white people to bleat “don’t make it about race”, less easy for them the acknowledge their own inherent, often unconscious prejudices.
That's racist to assume people's skin colour on a message board.

Reactions: 10

Lonette

The amount of absolute bollocks she comes out with. It's shocking she continues to be re-elected without fail every single time.

To be fair, that could describe a lot of MPs but she stands out as one of the worst for it.

Reactions: 10

BashmentLady

VIP Member
Given the amount of racist abuse she gets in response to everything she posts [and I don't mean valid criticism or discussion] but I totally understand why she would use the limited replies.

Reactions: 9

Persephonehasreturned

Certainly makes you wonder though, doesn't it. She is a train wreck, as said any other job and she would be in the dole queue.

It's not just her tbh there is one rule for them and another for us!

I’m going to assume you are referring to politicians, not ethnic minorities?

• Angry

Persephonehasreturned

Really! I think you know exactly who I am referring to, it's obvious who I am referring to.
Please don't try and turn this into a race issue, when it's obviously not 😡

If your still not sure just re-read my post!
Your post didn’t read terribly well on the back of the “race card” theme the thread was taking.

It’s really easy for white people to bleat “don’t make it about race”, less easy for them the acknowledge their own inherent, often unconscious prejudices.

• Angry
  • Heart

Beluga

Bevan ward, homerton hospital is a psychiatric intensive care unit for men usually suffering with psychosis

Yel

Chatty Member
MP's are the biggest influencers of them all, they use their spin and influence to try to win our votes. They all chosen to be in the public eye and all have twitter accounts / facebook pages with large followings. The personal live of politicians has every right to be discussed and criticised here or on any other outlet given that their wages and huge expenses are paid by the public
Exactly!

New Labour are a big part of reason we're in the mess we are now. They started the lies about how we were controlled by Europe, they didn't use their right for delayed migration during the eu enlargement like Germany did so led to a huge flux and building up resentment. Then they didn't even bother to count people. Gordon brown announced the sale of the gold, so crashed its price and flogged it on the cheap . Working tax credits allowed employers to pay less and keep people depending on the state and create a divide between single people and families for state support.

Right I'm going to stop there before I get onto Iraq which Dianne did vote against, her voting record is ok but that just mirrors the popular opinion of hackney. I know Dianne is just one member of labour while they were in power. I just can't help but rage whenever I think of new Labour or Gordon brown.😡

Anyway back on Dianne, this caller was funny suggesting she should become the leader of labour but couldn't explain why 🤣

• Wow