Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
Must have been on the Mojitos again, when she forwarded that piece of crap, hence the 'first draft sent in error' bollox.

• Haha
Reactions: 1

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Back to the thread, I’m a bit confused as to the post on page 1 with the attachment about him being appointed something to do with Brexit... doesn’t/didn’t Diane A oppose Brexit? (Not that it means relatives can’t take different approaches, but a bit odd if it was nepotism that got him the job role but it’s for something in direct opposition to the policies and beliefs of the person who got him in).

EDIT: I don’t agree with Diane and on a petty level, I really can’t stand her voice, but I do feel sorry for her sometimes.

George Agdgdgwngo

There was an interview last year with Times Radio where they asked her a question and she took about a minute to respond and it was a cringing time.

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
She is no longer Shadow Home Secretary. Corbyn had very slim pickings to choose from, as so many Labour MP's didn't want to be in his Cabinet. Labour have always underestimated the voting public. Mainly by telling they are too stupid to understand what they are telling them is good for them.
I wasn’t sure if she was still shadow Home Secretary so googled. I read she was, so it was obviously not up to date.

If I am honest, I couldn’t name many of the shadow cabinet!

Lonette

I heard people are racist to Jews because they see them as capitalists. That's why some leftwing people are anti Jew. That's fucked up.
I have a relative who is this.

Super progressive except she is vile about Jewish people and it is so mismatched with the rest of her ideolgy, comes from nowhere....this theory helps to make some sense of it.

Tittattattit

Chatty Member
In my experience the sort of people who comment with statements like “throwing the race card”, are racists.

Diane Abbott is not without her flaws, but she is judged far more harshly than white fe/male peers and always has been.

It doesn’t hurt to take a moment to think why that might be.
Use of the term is a hand on face emoji itself.

Kay's Good Cooking

Chatty Member
I see many day in and day out - Abbott has a clear drinking problem, in my opinion. I think she means well, but she can't reach that threshold

All the best to her in that respect is all I will say

liar liar

VIP Member
Did you ever see her sober?
I thought she has diabetes?

Politicians and their actions should be under the greatest of scrutiny , both professionally and privately seeing as they make decisions that affect every single one of us .

Let’s not forget the expenses scandal.
Which still rumbles on with the lack of clarity for Boris's flat refurb - now pushed under the £3k carpet... I know they don't get paid a lot for their posts but they did choose to stand as MPs and should be totally accountable. I don't agree with politicians being appointed to areas where they don't live just to give them a safe seat.

Your post didn’t read terribly well on the back of the “race card” theme the thread was taking.

It’s really easy for white people to bleat “don’t make it about race”, less easy for them the acknowledge their own inherent, often unconscious prejudices.
You seem to be trying to turn it into a race-based thread. Only you. It isn't. There are threads on Boris and Keir and... politicians are as interesting as z-lebs and actually affect our lives.

She might have been better than the transport secretary who gave a sea freight contract to a company with no ferries, mind.
Wasn't there an airport with errm no airport - Ramsgate?

Sorry but this is incredibly naive. Of course there’s nepotism, people get given test answers, get coached in how to perform during these assessment and ultimately assessors can mark them any way they want, there is no area, except something highly practical where you have to demonstrate your manual skill for all to see, that can’t be rigged. I’ve seen it done in much more rigorous testing circumstances than the one you described, several times before. People with half a brain and a raging drug habit graduate from Harvard with Honours without ever learning anything, this shit is everywhere, it’s why our world is in this sorry state, because incompetents are running it.
Because rich people are running it without a conscience.

Last edited:

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
The nail in the coffin - I sent the draft by mistake! What did you mean to send, Diane? A letter saying Tomiwa was spot on?
How much more carefully could you have made your racist points disagreeing with the article?

Miscanthus

VIP Member
The woman is a Cambridge graduate. Why can she not just shut up for 5 minutes and find out some facts before she makes a fool of herself? So now 4 Black men have been arrested, people at the party have said it was gang related and she has unnecessarily dug a hole for herself and invited derision.
Did she graduate? I tried to find out but it's all very vague...

I'd forgotten the story on the first page about her car crash of a son!
Diane... Go to the Lords. Oh wait. They probably won't appoint you. Failing that, just go.
If you would, cheers.