Desperate Housewives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really think DH is one of the best shows of my lifetime although I have a few irks.

The biggest being Vanessa Williams - just why?! She made no sense coming in as Lynette's friend, she is a terrible actress. It just didn't work.
I disagree, I think VW is a good actress and has a very good knack for comedy. The biggest mistake is that the studio, ABC, had her under an exclusive contract tied to their studio for “Ugly Betty”, which ended sooner than they anticipated. They had paid for her for several more years as an actress, which is why they shoehorned her into Desperate Housewives, and made her character a carbon copy of Wilhelmina Slater from Ugly Betty, in suburban housewife form. I think if they had the choice, they shouldn’t have included her as that particular character, but I think she would have fitted in somewhere, especially as a PTA-obsessed bitchy baddie!
[/QUOTE]

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Gabby's relationship with John is creepy. He's what 17?
So creepy could you imagine the outrage had it been John the age of Gabby and Gabby the age of John! I did love watching it though tbh it made it so exciting wondering when they’d get caught

Reactions: 3
I disagree, I think VW is a good actress and has a very good knack for comedy. The biggest mistake is that the studio, ABC, had her under an exclusive contract tied to their studio for “Ugly Betty”, which ended sooner than they anticipated. They had paid for her for several more years as an actress, which is why they shoehorned her into Desperate Housewives, and made her character a carbon copy of Wilhelmina Slater from Ugly Betty, in suburban housewife form. I think if they had the choice, they shouldn’t have included her as that particular character, but I think she would have fitted in somewhere, especially as a PTA-obsessed bitchy baddie!
[/QUOTE]

I always thought she was brought in as a carbon copy of Edie after she was axed. It was almost as they’d planned what they were going to do with Edie and VW came in and basically played out her story.

I always thought she was brought in as a carbon copy of Edie after she was axed. It was almost as they’d planned what they were going to do with Edie and VW came in and basically played out her story.
That’s what I mean as her character was underrated and she was underused as an actress. They only brought her in because she was still under contract to the studio and they had paid millions of pounds a year for her, and they only wrote her as a bitchy self-obsessed character because that’s what she was popular as in Ugly Betty. Had the circumstances been different, she might have been playing a different character, or not even introduced in the first place

Reactions: 1
Granted I've only seen her in a couple of things but I don't think she's that great personally. She had a couple of lines in DH that I liked but the problem is that it was patently obvious she was shoehorned in so it just made it unbelievable.

I've just finished rewatching and I've never er noticed before how obvious it is that there were issues with Teri Hatcher, she barely has any scenes with the other female leads

Love Desperate Housewives! Just finished rewatching, my only gripe with it is how they continuously wrote in more and more flashbacks every series, each one reaching further back than the last and each one becoming more and more ridiculous as the actors aged 😂

There was no need for it at all and it kind of cheapened the story in my eyes, it makes you hyper-aware the people you're watching aren't real (if that makes sense) as you feel like you know them and then they shoehorn in some stupid random memory that bears no relevance/adds no value to the rest of the story - e.g. the scene of Tom (looking about 100 years old) in a baseball cap, but apparently in his early 20s telling Lynette he bought the Wisteria Lane house for them. Just why? And how?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Love Desperate Housewives! Just finished rewatching, my only gripe with it is how they continuously wrote in more and more flashbacks every series, each one reaching further back than the last and each one becoming more and more ridiculous as the actors aged 😂
DF8175D7-44D5-445E-B811-636900EF7B65.jpeg

Btw has anyone seen the original pilot for Desperate Housewives with Sheryl Lee *points to avatar* as Mary-Alice and some other changes? I like her, but the actress they went with just fits the role better I think.

• Haha
Rewatching for the millionth time and somehow forgotten how bleeping awful Tom is. Insecure man child, the writer’s should have kept them separated

Reactions: 4
I watched when it first aired and then binged for the time last year. I can’t believe how much I had forgotten! Genuinely didn’t know what was going to happen next even though I’d seen it all before.

Isi think it’s ludicrously camp and the storylines are ridiculous but it has a quality to it that camp shows today don’t have.

The Teri Hatcher beef is strange to me. Loads of people who’ve worked with Teri before seem to say they’ve never had a problem with her. Kathryn Joosten said that she was the only one who ever had time for her and invited her into her dressing room - KJ is far from complementary about the other women. Teri always comes across well in interviews, she seems quite warm and she’s worked with the Mike actor since.

So why is she painted as a villain by the other women?

I can’t help but feel that Hatcher was the subject of a lot of jealousy by some of the other cast, and in the end she just thought “duck them” and left them to it.

I think I like Eva Longoria but she was younger than the others on DH. Mark Cherry is an obvious creep and as much Nicolette Sheridan is an hole, I believe what she says about him. We all know about Felicity Huffman and even the actor who played Carlos called her out for being a twit. Nicolette Sheridan was a diva and a bit of a hot mess, and I really don’t know anything about Marcia Cross (even though she kind of fascinates me) but I can see her being a bit of a witch - but maybe I’m confusing her with her character.

Reactions: 2
I watched when it first aired and then binged for the time last year. I can’t believe how much I had forgotten! Genuinely didn’t know what was going to happen next even though I’d seen it all before.

Isi think it’s ludicrously camp and the storylines are ridiculous but it has a quality to it that camp shows today don’t have.

The Teri Hatcher beef is strange to me. Loads of people who’ve worked with Teri before seem to say they’ve never had a problem with her. Kathryn Joosten said that she was the only one who ever had time for her and invited her into her dressing room - KJ is far from complementary about the other women. Teri always comes across well in interviews, she seems quite warm and she’s worked with the Mike actor since.

So why is she painted as a villain by the other women?

I can’t help but feel that Hatcher was the subject of a lot of jealousy by some of the other cast, and in the end she just thought “duck them” and left them to it.

I think I like Eva Longoria but she was younger than the others on DH. Mark Cherry is an obvious creep and as much Nicolette Sheridan is an hole, I believe what she says about him. We all know about Felicity Huffman and even the actor who played Carlos called her out for being a twit. Nicolette Sheridan was a diva and a bit of a hot mess, and I really don’t know anything about Marcia Cross (even though she kind of fascinates me) but I can see her being a bit of a witch - but maybe I’m confusing her with her character.
The Teri Hatcher thing I’m sure stemmed from a story about how she turned up early before the rest of the housewives to a shoot to get the best dress and then said she was to be in the middle of the group shot even though Marcia Cross(?) was meant to be. I googled it and came across this where people explain a lot from both sides

Reactions: 2