Derry Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just caught up last night and I enjoyed the last episode. I liked how we got to see a more sensitive/deeper side to Michelle. Loved the dancing scenes with Orla and how her mood suddenly changed when she encountered the soldiers, she’d always been portrayed as carefree until those few seconds, it showed that nobody was immune to what was happening at the time, then true to form she carried on dancing.
I also thought bringing Liam Neeson back for the polling station scene was good, it showed that ultimately both “sides” had had enough and chose peace.
The “adults” were always my favourites on the show, love Mary and Sister Michael in particular and Tommy Tiernan (Gerry) is my favourite comedian, seen him live a few times now, he’s incredible but not for the easily offended 🙈
Best moment of the whole series for me was probably Sister Michael in her sunnies in the Dolorean. Iconic 😎

• Heart
Reactions: 17
He realised it was under the sink because of what the psychic said about a red box and under water.
The photo was Jack Charlton, much beloved by Ireland football fans!
There was a photo of Jack Charlton on the mantelpiece in Father Ted’s house as well. He also had a photo of JFK on the wall next to the Pope. I’m assuming this was a thing in Ireland at the time?

I am not comparing her looks to her acting ability. I am saying.....

1) She's the best looking woman on the show by a country mile.

2) If she wasn't suppose to act the way she does playing Erin then producers would tell her to do it another way. They wouldn't leave her to 'act terrible' if she was doing it wrong.
Im also unsure about what her looks have to do with it either?

Reactions: 3
There was a photo of Jack Charlton on the mantelpiece in Father Ted’s house as well. He also had a photo of JFK on the wall next to the Pope. I’m assuming this was a thing in Ireland at the time?

Im also unsure about what her looks have to do with it either?
We had photos of the Pope and Jack Charlton on our living room sideboard 🤣 he’s the only Englishman the Irish liked back in the 90s 😂 he was adored here.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Finally watched the last episode and it was fun in places but as this whole series has been for me, not in the same league as previously. One bonus of the younger ones not really hitting their stride though is that we got to see more of the adults who, IMO, completely stole the show. The scenes with the 4 of them were by far my favourite - the comic timing was perfect. Shame we didn’t see more Sister Michael although the De Lorean scene almost made up for it.

I’ll miss it. I may watch from the beginning again 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Finally watched the last episode and it was fun in places but as this whole series has been for me, not in the same league as previously. One bonus of the younger ones not really hitting their stride though is that we got to see more of the adults who, IMO, completely stole the show. The scenes with the 4 of them were by far my favourite - the comic timing was perfect. Shame we didn’t see more Sister Michael although the De Lorean scene almost made up for it.

I’ll miss it. I may watch from the beginning again 😁
Me too ! Been waiting for a quiet evening to take it in fully. I would have been happy to leave it at the last series too, whomever did the styling though did it with love - Claire’s Baby G watch made me smile.

Sister Michael steals the show acting wise for me, she can convey so much with just a subtle facial expression. Loved her in bake off too ❤.

Anyone watched London Irish? I gave episode one a try but not sure if I will persevere, might be a slow burner.

Reactions: 3
Thought the last season was very uneven, but in general it was a touching finale. The best interactions were definitely among the adults. I love how they picked Tommy Tiernan, of all people, to be the only sane one in the house!

As regards looks, Saoirse Monica Jackson as Ginger Spice wins hands down 🥴😍

Reactions: 4
Loved the last episode. Especially the ending, when they were leaving after they'd voted. The way Joe was holding the hand of his youngest granddaughter as they left, echoed what he'd said to Erin about voting for the younger generation and what was best for them and their future - until everything that had happened just seemed like "ghost stories". I felt it was really poignant - like a handover to the next generation as they left the building together.

Apologies for the GCSE-style analysis 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
its remarkable, Erin's actor hasn't improved in acting in 5 years, that's a skill right there. To be as awful as you were when the show begin as you are when it ends.
Yes !!! It's this that has put me off the whole thing !.... All that gurnin is just ridiculous looking ! Her acting is atrocious !

Reactions: 4
Sister Michael is a force of nature. Those clips are brilliant although missed one of my favourites: ‘keep it moving, Rawhide is on in 15 minutes” 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m only half way through S3 but I’m not finding it as funny as the two seasons before. I’m finding I’m not laughing at the kids but at the adults.

Reactions: 8