Derry Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved the first two seasons but admit I didn't enjoy this one as much it just seems rushed I dunno if that's to do with the fact Nicola Coughlan was doing Bridgerton so it overlapped and she was cut from some scenes but I think it was a bit meh.

Just watched the last two episodes. I agree this series wasn’t as good as the other two but it still had its good moments. At first I was confused about why they’d kill off Clare’s dad when we barely saw him, but I guess it was to show that amongst the troubles people still had their own tragedies going on.
I did find Clare’s character annoying this series but thought Erin’s was worse, I can’t stand the faces she pulls! Although I did nearly tear up at the speech she made during the party.
I loved the opening scene with Orla dancing and the end with them all leaving after voting. James’ rant about Cool Runnings was also very funny!
Overall, as someone who was born in England after the troubles this show has enlightened me to what went on at the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Loved it and it definitely had the best TV soundtrack ever. So many brilliant nostalgic tunes 😍
Have to agree as a 37 year old it brought back a lot of memories. Spice girls, take that, shakespeares sister, cranberries.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m about 10 minutes in to episode 1 of series 3. What have they done to James? I can’t stand him. Erin’s character is supposed to be kind of quirky and has a lot of facial expressions but it’s ramped up this series to point that its way overdone.

Reactions: 5
I’m about 10 minutes in to episode 1 of series 3. What have they done to James? I can’t stand him. Erin’s character is supposed to be kind of quirky and has a lot of facial expressions but it’s ramped up this series to point that its way overdone.
Yeah he seemed to barely be able to string a sentence together in series 3. Quite annoying character change.

Reactions: 4
He reminds me of Ron Weasley with his facial expressions

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah he seemed to barely be able to string a sentence together in series 3. Quite annoying character change.
I can’t articulate exactly what it is. It seems like he’s playing for a non existent laugh track. The whole scene about him lock picking the door of the school ‘like they do in the films” was painful to get through.

I’m not sure how much time passed between the end of series 2 and filming series 3 with lockdowns and actors schedules. The chemistry seems way off.

The parents and adults carry it for me. Little things like Mary refusing to do a half load of laundry (it goes against everything she believes in!), the Christmas cupboard, the big bowl.

And gems like Fionnula “You’re family. Well, you’re good people. You’re decent people”

Reactions: 14
I can’t articulate exactly what it is. It seems like he’s playing for a non existent laugh track. The whole scene about him lock picking the door of the school ‘like they do in the films” was painful to get through.

I’m not sure how much time passed between the end of series 2 and filming series 3 with lockdowns and actors schedules. The chemistry seems way off.

The parents and adults carry it for me. Little things like Mary refusing to do a half load of laundry (it goes against everything she believes in!), the Christmas cupboard, the big bowl.

And gems like Fionnula “You’re family. Well, you’re good people. You’re decent people”
And the big clock 😂

Reactions: 3
I ended up bailing on the last series. I watched three episodes and just couldn’t be bothered anymore. In my opinion there should’ve been one series and left it at that. I didn’t really like series 2. I did watch London Irish a few years back and loved it!

Anyone else feel/notice there may have been a falling out amongst the cast?

Noticed especially during the making of Series 3 that it seems to be Saoirse/Jamie-Lee are close knit and Nicola/Dylan/Louisa in the other group and they rarely acknowledge each other. They used to comment on each other's Instagram posts and wish each other Happy Birthday but that's all stopped.

Just something I picked up on...

Reactions: 4
Anyone else feel/notice there may have been a falling out amongst the cast?

Noticed especially during the making of Series 3 that it seems to be Saoirse/Jamie-Lee are close knit and Nicola/Dylan/Louisa in the other group and they rarely acknowledge each other. They used to comment on each other's Instagram posts and wish each other Happy Birthday but that's all stopped.

Just something I picked up on...
I noticed that too! Definitely not just you

Reactions: 2