Derry Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im sure they were in an episode though? (Not actually Bill and Hilary)

I’ve since found out the part at the end with the letter was a letter that the shows creator wrote to Chelsea when she was a teenager
Most likely as it's autobiographical .Clinton is a favourite of Derry people he was great friends with John Hume and Martin McGuinness he even attended McGuinness funeral but was in poor health so couldn't attend Hume's.

Reactions: 5
Im sure they were in an episode though? (Not actually Bill and Hilary)

I’ve since found out the part at the end with the letter was a letter that the shows creator wrote to Chelsea when she was a teenager
Wasnt that the episode where James was supposed to go back to England with his mum but came back?
Sweetshop man was selling American flags with the wrong number of stars on.

Reactions: 21
Yes that’s right and in the episode the girls wrote that letter to Chelsea and a lot of the episode centred on them trying to find her to see if she’d received their letter. I only know as I rewatched it all before this series started- I’d never have remembered it otherwise!!

Wasnt that the episode where James was supposed to go back to England with his mum but came back?
Sweetshop man was selling American flags with the wrong number of stars on.

Reactions: 4
I’m guessing Claire had to move away, as Nicola was filming those bedroom scenes elsewhere during bridgerton. The burger phone though 😂🍔

Reactions: 16
The episode with the dad dying was really manipulative. I felt nothing for him dying. He just appears and then they show zoomed in shots of her smiling at him and its like "Yeah he's going to die isn't he?" The music made me cry and the funeral, but that's because I lost my mum. Oh well. Onto the last episode.

Reactions: 6
Was he? I'll rewatch it
I dont know. When he asked what did the bishop say, she said 'not much at all' then paused and poured him a drink and I thought she said ''You didn't say much at all''.

I had to rewind the part with Denis talking about Michelles brother cause I didn't hear it properly

I dont know. When he asked what did the bishop say, she said 'not much at all' then paused and poured him a drink and I thought she said ''You didn't say much at all''.
I think you're right, just rewatched!! (Subtitles said "he" but are not 100% accurate e.g. they have Michelle saying "he fancies the whole of me" instead of "he fancies the hole off me") Hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I have to rewatch it myself this evening but Im nearly sure thats what she said.

Reactions: 1
Love the show but, wish they’d addressed Erin/Orla’s home set up. Howcome, Aunt Sarah lives there, has she always lived there or did she move in when their mum died

Reactions: 7
Love the show but, wish they’d addressed Erin/Orla’s home set up. Howcome, Aunt Sarah lives there, has she always lived there or did she move in when their mum died
The Derry Girls tie-in book (Erin's Diary) says Sarah and Orla live next door and have been there at least since Erin was a young child but are always visiting - one part of the book references Sarah and Orla having mice because the house is so cluttered so maybe they just don't bother since they are always over with Mary, Gerry and Joe

I thought she actually lived next door, but spent most of her time at Mary's, I'm sure I saw that somewhere

The Derry Girls tie-in book (Erin's Diary) says Sarah and Orla live next door and have been there at least since Erin was a young child but are always visiting - one part of the book references Sarah and Orla having mice because the house is so cluttered so maybe they just don't bother since they are always over with Mary, Gerry and Joe
I thought she actually lived next door, but spent most of her time at Mary's, I'm sure I saw that somewhere
Thank you both! It always puzzled me, I thought where do they all sleep

Reactions: 6
I finally watched last nights and it broke me, I think I'm about 2/3 years younger than the girls are and growing up in the 90s close to the border the whole 3 series got me.

• Heart
Overall hated Season 3, Felt like the fame had changed the show. The Yanks loving it made it feel different. And Claire is a terrible actress, sorry, she looked like a constipiated chipmunk when she was trying to find the "Lezzie" to kiss. Chelsea Clinton was put in there to appeal to The Yanks. If you wanted a Clinton nod, just do a video of Bill, Not someone who had nothing to do with it. So much pandering with that.

Reactions: 11
Thank you both! It always puzzled me, I thought where do they all sleep
There was an episode in season one where ma mary is looking for darks for a wash and she says 'if I go next door, are you telling me I want find any darks in your washing basket' so yeah they live next door.

I wish they mentioned a bit more of Orlas, Clairs and Michelle families.

Reactions: 14