Derry Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tonight’s episode ending gave me flashbacks to when Sid told Tony his dad had died in the middle of a Crystal castles show.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
At first I thought with the phone call the Dad took it would have something to do with the troubles.

Reactions: 15
SPOILER!!!! Skip this post if you want to avoid.

!!!!!!

!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Does every bastard own this thing?” - every single time Claires dads opens his mouth he says my favourite lines 😂 “Killing nuns now is it?” Is the best line in the whole 3 series so far imo 😂 this season needs more of Claires dad.
This wasn’t what I meant :(

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
At first I thought with the phone call the Dad took it would have something to do with the troubles.
I did too. I don’t know if that would have been an ending that was a bit more tied into the show. Claire’s Dad was hardly shown and the cause of death was a bit random?
But then again at the time I think their was a ceasefire?
I think the way Erin’s Dad came to tell them all was sweet, and how he was carrying the coffin. The funeral procession, even though it was only a a minute at the most, was very poignant with the girls and James holding Claire with Sarah & Mary supporting Claire’s Mum. Very sweet.

In lighter news is Emmett J Scanlan just being cast in everything? He’s always popping up here and there.

I really enjoyed the episode where they went back in time. The casting was so good.

Reactions: 8
It was the bit where all the Angles hugged Claire, and because Orla was the last in, her big wings went round them all. Very well done.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
A good episode, but plot wise, a bit random for the last episode? Claire's Dad was hardly in it, just seems a bit odd. Well acted though, Claire's character was much better in this episode.
I wonder how today's final final episode will be.

Reactions: 14
A good episode, but plot wise, a bit random for the last episode? Claire's Dad was hardly in it, just seems a bit odd. Well acted though, Claire's character was much better in this episode.
I wonder how today's final final episode will be.
Lisa McGee said she wrote it to represent that the girls had been forced to grow up and were no longer kids, she had a similar experience as a teenager where a friend's father died. I guess it being Claire's father made sense. She got more focus this episode, it couldn't be Gerry, and Michelle's father has had even less focus than Claire's

Reactions: 14
I was massively disappointed with the ending. If we didnt have tonight, I'd be raging. It was really sad but felt a bit forced and came out of nowhere. Soon as Gerry picked up the phone I had an idea it was Clares dad. Could only have been Michelles mam otherwise.

Reactions: 10
I was massively disappointed with the ending. If we didnt have tonight, I'd be raging. It was really sad but felt a bit forced and came out of nowhere. Soon as Gerry picked up the phone I had an idea it was Clares dad. Could only have been Michelles mam otherwise.
It was an odd ending. I wasn’t too keen. Perhaps it’ll make more sense after tonight’s episode.

Reactions: 2
Her Dad's in the 1st Series "How Long Does it Take to Diffuse a Fecking Bomb" and "Killing Nuns now, is it?" 😂

Agreed, the ending of the episode yesterday felt a bit shoehorned in, but still made me well up massively 🥺 But it's a coming of age story, and maybe more scenes with her Dad were filmed to create more of a story arc and were maybe cut down in the edit which didn't quite translate enough in the episode.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was blindsided by the ending but I could see why they did it - even though they were growing up in such unsettled times (that scene where they’re dancing on stage oblivious to the Omagh tragedy happening 😢) they were still able to be teenagers and be resilient through it. Something like a death would force them to grow up so quickly regardless of which era they were growing up in. I was in bits. Orla’s wings 🥺🥺🥺

Reactions: 9