Derry Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love this show. I’m not Irish but it perfectly captures what it was like going to a girls school in the 90s. Especially the terrible assemblies where the same few tone deaf girls would sing.

Embarrassingly enough, me and my mates used to dress up as the Spice Girls and we once tried to enter some awful contest where you got to sing at the Television Centre. I was scary.
I’m Scottish and didn’t go to an all girls school, I went to the local comp, but I totally relate to the embarrassing assemblies and the overconfident prefects subjecting us to terrible performances. I’m afraid to say I performed as one of All Saints in a lip-syncing sequence which I dared to think would win the school talent show. It’s all very nostalgic for me nonetheless.The Spice Girls were icons and that mania has never been recreated since.

Reactions: 12
I watched the first one of series 2 tonight (the outdoor retreat with the Protestants 😂) and it just feels different - less rushed, more natural, just effortless.
That one is easily my favorite episode! It's soo funny and each character shines on their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Apparently there is a one off special in May which is 45 mins where they return to Derry one year later and deals with the Good Friday Agreement.

Reactions: 11
I liked episode one, LOVED episode two, but was really disappointed by episode three. It felt like two 'B' stories instead of an 'A' story and a 'B' story. It was essentially a bottle episode, (which I have no issue with) with most of the action taking place in one location, but I felt it lacked. Highlights were James in those amazing boots giving me Ziggy Stardust vibes, and Grandpa Joe and his 'dementia'.

Reactions: 6
I felt episode 3 wasn’t as good. It was obvious Clare had filmed her stuff at a different time. I’m liking the adults better this series.

Reactions: 10
I felt episode 3 wasn’t as good. It was obvious Clare had filmed her stuff at a different time. I’m liking the adults better this series.
Claire is really getting on my tits this season, her schtick is getting very old now. I could actually say the same for the Nun, no character development, just the same dry, jaded sarcasm every episode.

Reactions: 14
Claire is really getting on my tits this season, her schtick is getting very old now. I could actually say the same for the Nun, no character development, just the same dry, jaded sarcasm every episode.
Yes, the Nun doesn’t seem to have much screentime this series so far, before we had extended dialogue between her and the girls, now it’s just a line here and there. At least this is the last series and they are not going to try extend it for many seasons like US shows do.

Reactions: 3
Yes, the Nun doesn’t seem to have much screentime this series so far, before we had extended dialogue between her and the girls, now it’s just a line here and there. At least this is the last series and they are not going to try extend it for many seasons like US shows do.
The actress has been filming other shows so probably the same as Nicola (Clare) she didn't have a lot of free time.

Reactions: 1
For me it’s not a patch on the first 2 series which were perfection. Everyone seems to be over acting which I guess is because of the pressure of being in a very successful comedy.
I did crack up at Michelle’s ‘it’s English breathing James!’ 😂

I wonder if her part had to be adapted because of her broken leg?

Reactions: 13
Everyone on twitter seems to be loving tonight’s episode but I thought it was the weakest episode so far!

I agree, I swear 99% of them only like it because of James & Erin which I have sub-zero interest in, IMO this is the weakest episode of the entire show thus far

I did think it was a return to form with this episode. The more subtle jokes were there and it worked pretty well.

Reactions: 6