Derry Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the show was set in 1993/1994 but Spice Girls didn't come out til 1996?
Yes. Spice Girls were 1996. I noticed that in the first 2 series they used music that wasn't in the charts till a couple of years later, annoyed me a little at first but just learnt to go with the flow and enjoy the 90's throwbacks regardless of timing being slightly out! 😅💃

Reactions: 4
I think Nicola has an inflated ego since Bridgerton, she’s not as funny in this season of Derry Girls.
I’m still enjoying it so far but it’s got a slight air of self awareness where they know it’s a hit so they tend to overact/live up to previous series.
She has apparently said that she forgot how to act as Clare and that there was overlap between Bridgeton and Derry Girls while filming so her scenes were done quickly

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I thought ep2 was better. James and Orla keep it feeling like the first two series did, the adults do too. Erin and Claire ruin it a little bit with their over acting.

Reactions: 22
I thought ep2 was better. James and Orla keep it feeling like the first two series did, the adults do too. Erin and Claire ruin it a little bit with their over acting.
I don't want to trash it because I really do like it, bit I find Erin really annoying with her constant gurning/grimacing.

I have found myself enjoying the adults more this season so far...Gerry, GERRY, GERRY...did you shout me?

Their interactions with the plumber were excellent - 'sure you're a fine specimen'. 'I'm of sub normal intelligence', and on hearing that the plumbers wife had left him for a friend 'Jesus what must the friend look like? Just gold!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Plumber: "I'm originally from Kildare"

Granda: "I'm sorry to hear that"

It's just the deadpan way he says his one liners 😂

Love Granda Joe.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Yet to watch ep 2 but the adult interactions are often my favourite - the dynamic of the 4 of them is perfect.

Reactions: 5
Parts of episode 2 felt like a bit of a parody

The end of it was pretty good though

Reactions: 4
The second episode is much better! It feels a bit more like the Derry Girls we love. I’m going to pretend the first episode didn’t happen 😂

“my ma? What is he some kind of reverse paedophile?” - best sentence I’ve heard in ages.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Unsure if it’s because we know their ages now but none of them look school age to me anymore (apart from Clare lol) also the girl who plays Erin is looking ill :( so glad it’s the last series and hope the rest feels less forced than the first couple of episodes as it has been a gem of a programme!

Reactions: 6
I came to the series late and really enjoyed it, I do think you have to take things with a pinch of salt though and just enjoy it for what it is. There was a scene in the latest episode that was shall we say an homage to Father Ted, it was still funny but struck me immediately and it isn't the first time I've noted influences like that. Scene in question:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I came to the series late and really enjoyed it, I do think you have to take things with a pinch of salt though and just enjoy it for what it is. There was a scene in the latest episode that was shall we say an homage to Father Ted, it was still funny but struck me immediately and it isn't the first time I've noted influences like that. Scene in question:

Uncle Colm was definitely 'influenced' by Fr Stone.

Screenshot_20220423-000844_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Claire is almost unwatchable! I really don’t rate Nicola as an actress at all. She basically plays the same character is s2 of Bridgerton, just an aristo version 😂 only on second episode but it’s lost a wee bit of the charm for me

Maybe a combination of him and Father Purcell:

Father Ted was just sooooo good. Might watch some
Eps tonight 😂

Reactions: 10
I did like Orla's Pop Tarts tantrum in ep2 ... relatable! (When I was a child/teen I had an irrational anxiety that plain biscuits on a plate would feel slighted if I chose a fancy one, so I would, in Orla's words, "end up eating them out of pity")

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I did like Orla's Pop Tarts tantrum in ep2 ... relatable! (When I was a child/teen I had an irrational anxiety that plain biscuits on a plate would feel slighted if I chose a fancy one, so I would, in Orla's words, "end up eating them out of pity")
I related to it too tbh

Reactions: 3