Depher - James Anderson

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
St Jimmy didn’t take any of this into account when he donated £13k to give this kid his BIONIC ARM in the first place - despite getting a TV appearance and media coverage out of it - he hasn’t offered a penny for the maintenance and upkeep (which will go on for literal years given the kid will keep growing til he’s 18)
Almost like investing in things without giving it proper thought ISNT a good idea
(I know this is in the public domain but not bringing the wee ones face here he doesn’t deserve that lol)

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 16
So the account is still closed.
Is it because of his criminal past revelations?
Now everyone is entitled to a new start and putting the past behind them obviously. But surely he must see it looks well dodgy going into schools and vulnerable people's homes? Without the advanced security checks? So many people suspected reasons why he refused to have them. All becomes clear now.
If the silly sod had just been open in the first place 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 17
Now everyone is entitled to a new start and putting the past behind them obviously. But surely he must see it looks well dodgy going into schools and vulnerable people's homes? Without the advanced security checks? So many people suspected reasons why he refused to have them. All becomes clear now.
Yeh I think it’s because initially he didn’t have a DBS (known as a PVG if you’re in Scotland) and lots of folk were calling him out as he works with extremely vulnerable people and claims to be going into public sector buildings, as well as working with kids.
So he got a basic DBS but not an enhanced one
Then of course people got suspicious at his ramblings of “turning to crime” in his personal stories and found those articles, detailing his convictions in Burnley for theft and violence
He probably has convictions or a criminal record from when he lived in Liverpool too

Posting the basic DBS check online when he knew the enhanced one would be full of convictions was audacious. But he should have known that was never going to be the end of it. What a fool.

Reactions: 18
Posting the basic DBS check online when he knew the enhanced one would be full of convictions was audacious. But he should have known that was never going to be the end of it. What a fool.
I know. Crazy.
There is an arch defender of his on twitter who will not hear a word said against him and who insists he doesn't need any DBS checks not even the basic. Which may technically be true. I don't know.
But he goes into vulnerable single people's houses. He goes into schools. He is Santa. He requests people's personal information eg bank statements, benefits and apparently, medical records amongst other things. Now why on earth would a Joe Bloggs off the streets be allowed to do this without basic checks?
My OH works for a refugee organisation and doesn't even come into contact with clients. But he had to have the most enhanced DBS check due to the info he would be handling. It was incredibly detailed including info about me, my past, my parents - and we hadn't even been a couple very long at that point. Absolutely crazy the detail it went into. Bringing up a speeding fine he had forgotten to declare over 25 years ago.
So the thought James can do what he does without even half those checks is barmy.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Fwiw my SO is a plumber/heating engineer for a company and he has to have DBS checks. One on employment, and some since then (he’s been with them over a decade). It wasn’t the basic check either. He doesn’t deal with anything financial, just plumbing stuff.

I’m DBS checked to within an inch of my life, but I worked with vulnerable people so I’d expect to be.

FoI to the Ambulance Service to understand if and why referrals are being made here and not to social services, no?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yeah, rehab and all that, but I wouldn't want someone who shoplifted and then threatened staff with a weapon to have access to an elderly person's home unsupervised.

Supposed message from the crew to St James. Isn’t this a massive breach of GDPR both ways if true?!
That is the worst fake text ever. #badfaketexts

• Haha
Reactions: 17
He also didn’t disclose his former name and it seems he was convicted under the name James Ward not James Anderson. So not sure if a basic would have picked up even ones that should have been picked up.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Interestingly on Facebook he’s adverting for cleaning contractor.
And mentioning DBS a few times. Asking for them to share DBS status. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He’d need to check this out. Either by getting a new one done or by checking via the update service.

Also, he was saying how he didn’t need to do one, then did a basic one. What’s the cleaner doing that’s suddenly so much more important for a DBS than him?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Interestingly on Facebook he’s adverting for cleaning contractor.
And mentioning DBS a few times. Asking for them to share DBS status. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He’d need to check this out. Either by getting a new one done or by checking via the update service.

Also, he was saying how he didn’t need to do one, then did a basic one. What’s the cleaner doing that’s suddenly so much more important for a DBS than him?
For those who haven’t seen:
Unclear whether he wants a cleaner OR a contractor
Salary isn’t disclosed
Also unclear whether it’s just cleaning Depher/CPH facilities or whether now his next grift is being the next Kim and Aggie, cleaning some of these homes of #elderly and #vulnerable for “free”

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
That fake ambulance crew member response was likely either a reply to reading on here or another SM response…he’s had it pointed out that the ambulance would refer to social/other bonafide services, not some community initiative that they can’t guarantee would follow through on anything. They would have a responsibly to the vulnerable person to refer properly. So…he’s decided to reply and make that point.

Does anyone on this forum work in a relevant field? Such as ambulance or social work? I’m thinking it seems obvious that people in positions of trust should be constrained by policy in relation to making suggestions or referrals.

If the ambulance crew all enhanced DBS checked, it doesn’t make sense to me that they could be allowed to suggest/refer their most vulnerable patients to invite someone into their home who the person in trust has no idea whether that other person has got an enhanced DBS check themselves. Just because they’ve heard some good hearsay about DEPHER…doesn’t override their contractual obligations to protect the vulnerable using proper procedure.

James is a terrible attention bleep, and he won’t be able to keep himself just to plumbing and heating…there isn’t enough press coverage to keep himself relevant. He will be at it with the slow cookers etc soon enough. Especially once we are out of winter and the pensioners freezing to death type headlines aren’t so impactful.

Another thought…it’s very cynical but I think relevant. It’s possible there are even further ulterior motives at play with the elderly. These are all people who own their own homes, probably outright, so although they are cash-poor, they do have an estate of that property upon death. By befriending these seriously ill/elderly people…who appear not to have family supporting them…is he tactically going to support those more if they are likely to will him their property? It’s not the far reach it sounds…I know someone who cleaned for about 30 years self-employed for mainly elderly and disabled clients and would also out of kindness have a cup of tea with them without charging for that time…she was left money/jewellery on several occasions by clients who became fond of her, she didn’t do it with any ill-intention or to gain financially…but she did gain these inheritance windfalls of several thousand sometimes. So what I’m describing does happen…and if someone like James is going completely out of his way doing repairs and food parcels etc repeatedly for the same individuals…they may even decide to reward him personally and not even leave it to him via DEPHER.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
@Eye_Spy I think you are absolutely right and I think the uncovered information about his past - not just dodgy, but aggravated theft with violence, serious enough to lead to a prison term - makes him not just shambolic but actively dangerous.

Reactions: 12
For those who haven’t seen:
Unclear whether he wants a cleaner OR a contractor
Salary isn’t disclosed
Also unclear whether it’s just cleaning Depher/CPH facilities or whether now his next grift is being the next Kim and Aggie, cleaning some of these homes of #elderly and #vulnerable for “free”
Oh FGS, what is this nonsense now?!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.