Depher/CPH CIC #2 The erratic and reactive way you run this causes half your problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's got enough money not to miss it. But he also has deep enough pockets to seek to recover it, if he so chose to. He seems to stick to his principles so I'm wondering if anything will come from it.
Ole Hugh might be so oblivious he’d do exactly the same next week. Helping the northern poors ✅

Reactions: 5
According to some outlets it's 75k total

Oh and of course there was a golly doll scandal

Screenshot_2024-03-01-11-39-17-46_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-01-11-39-06-97_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
BEEN LOOKING FOR A PICTURE OF ONE OF THESE IN THE WILD FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER. SHHH EVERYONE, WE DON'T WANT TO DISTURB IT. JUST WATCH WHAT IT DOES AND MAKE A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT IT.

Oh sorry, it's not a rare Yangtze finless porpoise. It's just a broken bit from a boiler. Shame. Oh well never mind.
---
This for thread title. I'm sat here proper laffin. I can barely breathe and it's not as funny as I'm finding it.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Where Tf is the house on the accounts? Is he hiding princess Kate as well?! Slippery bast*rd.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Where Tf is the house on the accounts? Is he hiding princess Kate as well?! Slippery bast*rd.
It’s in “investments” rather than the property bit - £72k ish. Not bad when you got £1.2m in donations and nearly £800k in the bank.

Reactions: 9
If he is acting as a landlord he can't just put the house in the accounts as an investment. He told the CIC regulator *after the house was purchased* that surplus would be used for the main activities of the company, not buying houses and acting as a housing provider. He already knew when he signed this form in January 2024 that surplus was being used in a different way to what he claimed.

1709372509739.png

1709372603524.png

---
What a barefaced fraud.

1709372968042.png

---
Anyone who donates should know how the previous £1.9 million donations have been used:
  • 4% (£73,125) used to buy a house.
  • 33% (£643,037) is surplus sitting in the bank.
  • 63% (£1.3 million) has gone on admin expenses.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Anyone know the numbers on the fundraising poll yet. I haven't got twitter on this device so can't see it.

Reactions: 1
Having spent some time looking at those figures I've realised plumbing is a negligible part of the business. The house purchase works out to half what was spent on costs directly related to plumbing work. Cash surplus was three times the cost of providing plumbing work. The main function of the business is fundraising. If you donate your cash will be used primarily to generate more income or will become an asset (cash in bank or house).

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
Having spent some time looking at those figures I've realised plumbing is a negligible part of the business. The house purchase works out to half what was spent on costs directly related to plumbing work. Cash surplus was three times the cost of providing plumbing work. The main function of the business is fundraising. If you donate your cash will be used primarily to generate more income or will become an asset (cash in bank or house).
Ah yes, just what a CIC is supposed to do…🙄
---
“Only interested in a photo” from the man with a messiah complex with photos of 1000s of vulnerable people on his hard drive

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
If he is acting as a landlord he can't just put the house in the accounts as an investment. He told the CIC regulator *after the house was purchased* that surplus would be used for the main activities of the company, not buying houses and acting as a housing provider. He already knew when he signed this form in January 2024 that surplus was being used in a different way to what he claimed.

View attachment 2790860
View attachment 2790862
---
What a barefaced fraud.

View attachment 2790874
---
Anyone who donates should know how the previous £1.9 million donations have been used:
  • 4% (£73,125) used to buy a house.
  • 33% (£643,037) is surplus sitting in the bank.
  • 63% (£1.3 million) has gone on admin expenses.
Is he putting in the costs of installing boilers within the admin expenses? I can’t quite find on accounts

Reactions: 5
Is he putting in the costs of installing boilers within the admin expenses? I can’t quite find on accounts
It should be in cost of sales.

There is a transparency point here. The accounts only use top level headings, no breakdown whatsoever into categories. For example, he tweets about a "community fund" but there is no evidence of it in the accounts.
---
1709390577073.png

1709390717947.png

Depher are admitting here to have only spent 16% of all revenue up to that point on free boilers.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
It should be in cost of sales.

There is a transparency point here. The accounts only use top level headings, no breakdown whatsoever into categories. For example, he tweets about a "community fund" but there is no evidence of it in the accounts.
---
View attachment 2791363
View attachment 2791368

Depher are admitting here to have only spent 16% of all revenue up to that point on free boilers.
He says the only support is from public donations and paid work but that’s just not true, he’s posted about receiving grants from an energy company, which ironically went on food help, not gas/boiler/plumbing works
Why would they get any funding from the government or from the council hahaha who does he think he is

Reactions: 16
He says the only support is from public donations and paid work but that’s just not true, he’s posted about receiving grants from an energy company, which ironically went on food help, not gas/boiler/plumbing works
Why would they get any funding from the government or from the council hahaha who does he think he is
That's right. Some of the funding will be grants not donations. The FOI mentioned he got a grant from the Duchy of Lancaster Benevolent Fund. Grants typically have rules about how they can be used. He is sure to have broken them given how little plumbing work has been done.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
“No help from government or councils” I thought he was saying he works with the councils?
He won’t get any grants or contracts from anywhere who asks for deeper governance details because he doesn’t have the right stuff in place. He has been told this numerous times and support offered. He doesn’t want to do that. Wonder why…

Reactions: 13
“No help from government or councils” I thought he was saying he works with the councils?
He won’t get any grants or contracts from anywhere who asks for deeper governance details because he doesn’t have the right stuff in place. He has been told this numerous times and support offered. He doesn’t want to do that. Wonder why…
Well from the FOI there was possibly 'no help from councils' because the council didn't have a scooby who he was until he started tit-talking them on the socials

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.