Denise Pelo #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope the delivery goes well and Denise and her family have their beautiful little baby home to join them altogether soon.

I just cannot get over the, I'm away here to the labour ward but first I'll do my hair on insta, talk about everything that has happened so far and tag fecking brands!!! On top of being pregnant and giving birth which is worry enough, she has Covid. Can't get over it.
I only started following Denise recently but Im actually speechless. Would she not put the phone down and concentrate on a safe delivery. I was watching her stories the last few weeks and thinking “I hope she doesn’t contractCovid” because she had way way too many contacts. The “to all the women that went on this journey before me etc” speech is over the top. I have second hand embarrassment for her 🙈

Reactions: 11
Are there health implications for the baby? Does it automatically follow that the baby will have covid? Or get covid after s/he is born? Maybe Denise having Covid means the baby automatically gains a kind of immunity?

Reactions: 1
Not to sound combative but I will defer you to the previous thread, there was lots of discussion there on vaccine

But in short, no she did not
I hate when people say this. It was a quick question to which yes or no would suffice. I don’t have the time to trawl through pages and pages of another thread to find out something someone could quickly answer here. I didn’t ask for her life story 🙄It’s so annoying

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I hate when people say this. It was a quick question to which yes or no would suffice. I don’t have the time to trawl through pages and pages of another thread to find out something someone could quickly answer here. I didn’t ask for her life story 🙄It’s so annoying
No girl I think you've interpreted the reply wrong. I'm sure all that poster meant was the short answer is no she didn't have it but were trying to avoid the topic type thing, because it got a little off tracks let's say, in the previous thread. It wasn't a dig at you or your question.
Thats how I read that posters reply to you, having followed the 1st thread as it happened.

Reactions: 11
She decided against it as it was still quite new which is perfectly understandable

Reactions: 8
It’s turning into a pretty long labour now! I would have thought with having COVID they would have tried to speed things up for her? I’m sure she needs the energy for after birth? Natural labour is exhausting for a healthy person! I hope the baby is going to be ok. Poor little thing 😞

She decided against it as it was still quite new which is perfectly understandable
I agree it’s understandable, I just wanted to know is all ☺

It’s turning into a pretty long labour now! I would have thought with having COVID they would have tried to speed things up for her? I’m sure she needs the energy for after birth? Natural labour is exhausting for a healthy person! I hope the baby is going to be ok. Poor little thing 😞
How is she still upright chatting to the camera? I was induced on my first and unable to speak after a few hours. Sounds like an extremely slow induction

Reactions: 3

Its not long for induction at all. Shes progressing at a normal speed. Shes not having whats termed as "real" contractions yet. The gel just softened the cervix enough to allow them room to do a sweep earlier and once shes on labour ward they plan to break her waters. Once that's done hopefully, she will take off into real contractions and active labour. Shel go quiet then. Gas or no gas...

Eta: i see a poster saying she was in real labour/ proper contractions after a few hours. I'm sure that's truthful. But for others it takes more than the "tampon" Denise had, to get any pains. Other women are given "the gel" as its known. Some women get this gel, more than once to try kick off the real deal contractions. Others get gel and then waters broken for them.
Jesus..what I'm trying to say without lecturing is... Denise is yet again giving her OWN EXPERIENCE of an induction... as the holy grail and only way induction can go. Which as this thread shows is not the case and AGAIN MORE MISINFORMATION-she has an awful habit of giving her experience as the way things always go.

This is actually comical, how long that took to get my point across, fix spelling mistakes and try punctuate.. be damned if I'm going back to rephrase and shorten it. Must be bed time. I've have gone through an induction and birth quicker 😂😂😂😂😂😂😜

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Are there health implications for the baby? Does it automatically follow that the baby will have covid? Or get covid after s/he is born? Maybe Denise having Covid means the baby automatically gains a kind of immunity?
There are definite implications for her and her baby once baby arrives. I think she will need to choose between having someone care for the baby until she is recovered and Covid free or isolating in the hospital with the baby for quite a while until she is covid free plus 10 days to make sure the baby hasn't picked up the virus.

I wish her all the best for the safe delivery of her baby and people have been really careful and still picked it up but my god she took chances and got caught

Reactions: 3
I had my phone in the delivery room, mainly to call my husband but it was very quickly thrown aside once pains started. Also having your waters burst really f&#king hurts 😂
I had to get that sweep and waters burst on both my deliveries and it was horrific.

I had a bit of a cold/cough on my last labour (10 years ago and found it very difficult and completely exhausting to push my baby out. Luckily I didn’t have to have forceps or anything but it definitely wasn’t an amazing experience.

I was up in Belfast and parked in castle court were pelo is, it was closed today. Have to say I couldn’t wait to get out of the shopping centre and out into outside as quickly as possible to were I was going. I couldn’t get over the amount of people walking about without masks in the centre, mostly 15-30 yr olds I’d say. Doesn’t seem to be pushed as much compared to the republic. The centre was very busy too. It’s no wonder the delta is rampant up there. I reckon she defo picked it up up there.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I was induced with my little boy and by 24 hours later things were barely progressing. Once I got on the oxytocin it all kicked off though!

There are definite implications for her and her baby once baby arrives. I think she will need to choose between having someone care for the baby until she is recovered and Covid free or isolating in the hospital with the baby for quite a while until she is covid free plus 10 days to make sure the baby hasn't picked up the virus.

I wish her all the best for the safe delivery of her baby and people have been really careful and still picked it up but my god she took chances and got caught
Baby is put in an incubator unless being fed or changed and you have to wear a mask and wash/sanitize before and after handling baby. Your discharged once your both well and no need for mask after 14 days, or 10 with negative PCR. I had a baby 11 weeks ago and made sure I checked the rules!

• Sad
Baby is put in an incubator unless being fed or changed and you have to wear a mask and wash/sanitize before and after handling baby. Your discharged once your both well and no need for mask after 14 days, or 10 with negative PCR. I had a baby 11 weeks ago and made sure I checked the rules!
Beth won’t get to see them until they get home then after 10 days I’m guessing

When I had my 2nd, in the space of 90 mins I arrived at the hospital, was induced, water broken for me and delivered a baby. No idea what they did or gave me, that was over 20 years ago. I'd a 10 hour labour without pain relief, not by choice on my first so was delighted.

After all she went through I can’t help but think she was very foolish not to be minding herself more in the last few weeks. She was at the home stretch. Not blaming her at all for catching Covid but if I went through all she did to conceive I would be shielding myself as much as possible

Reactions: 6
Can you breastfeed if you're covid +?

Congratulations on your little one!

When I had my 2nd, in the space of 90 mins I arrived at the hospital, was induced, water broken for me and delivered a baby. No idea what they did or gave me, that was over 20 years ago. I'd a 10 hour labour without pain relief, not by choice on my first so was delighted.
It can go very quickly 🙈

They were bringing her down to break waters this evening so should be a baby within 24 hours. They won't let it go further once waters are broken (at least in my hospitals)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.