Demi lovato - dancing with the devil docuseries

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The most frustrating thing is that you know she'll never issue a real apology either 🙄
If she says anything else about this matter, it'll be your standard fauxpology, "sorry you were offended, I'm living my thruth" and yadayadayada...

With the first episode of her recent documentary, I felt bad for her. But by the last episode I had a bad taste in my mouth. This was nothing but a PR stunt, she hasn't recovered. She STILL uses drugs and drinks alcohol. I saw an article (admittedly, I didn't read it in detail) in which she said that drugs are bad, but they also saved her from her suicidal thoughts. You can't make this tit up, she still has an awful relationship with drugs.
But she had a new album to flog.

I don't think she's genuine at all. They all said she's very manipulative...

Reactions: 5
Is this girl for real, she’s posted two stories after going on and on about sugar free food and how it’s triggering for her with a past ED and she’s just posted a photo of drug apparatus and her using it.... what is going on with her?! She is incredibly dangerous and problematic!

E7C5D959-0C30-4CFC-974C-728FCB13DC36.jpeg

727E6B77-F184-45CD-8D2E-ED075DF5D001.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Oh god, this was a hard watch for me. I relate to Demi's story in many ways, my biological father had serious alcohol issues which were sadly passed down to me. I also had a very serious hospitalisation after overdose in 2014, unfortunately I went down a similar road to Demi and fooled myself (and many of those around me) into thinking I could just moderate until eventually I got sober in late 2019 (edit to add, this obviously resulted in many other serious incidents that could have been avoided had I just quit after the overdose, but here we are).

I'm so grateful to still be here, and I so empathise with where she's at -- accepting that you simply can't take substances full stop is such a gut punch, especially when you're biologically driven to crave them and everyone around you seems to cope fine. The big difference between my story and Demi's is that I'm just your average Joe Soap on the street, I didn't have any sort of platform where I could promote the idea of "California sober". Elton said it best in the documentary, people like us cannot moderate -- and to give someone else who's living with addiction what feels like a get out of jail card by acting like this alternative path works could actually cost someone their life.

I don't think she has insight right now into any of this, and that's okay but it's hard for me to watch knowing the potential consequences of her message for herself and others.

• Heart
The most frustrating thing is that you know she'll never issue a real apology either 🙄
If she says anything else about this matter, it'll be your standard fauxpology, "sorry you were offended, I'm living my thruth" and yadayadayada...
I wasn't too far off :p
Screenshot_20210421-153546.png

Born with a penis you're a man. Born with a vagina you're a woman. When you get older if you want to be trans good for you being the person you want to be so if you were born one sex but now want to be called the other even if you haven't had the op then that's fine. I have worked with a few trans people before and you just see the personality like you should in every one. But the whole idea of not wanting to be known as one or the other like Sam Smith and others before her sorry they I just don't understand.

Reactions: 4

Born with a penis you're a man. Born with a vagina you're a woman. When you get older if you want to be trans good for you being the person you want to be so if you were born one sex but now want to be called the other even if you haven't had the op then that's fine. I have worked with a few trans people before and you just see the personality like you should in every one. But the whole idea of not wanting to be known as one or the other like Sam Smith and others before her sorry they I just don't understand.
Yeah, I try to be open minded, but it's difficult to wrap your head around non-binary/gender fluid/etc.
I guess I just don't know enough about the topic 🤷‍♀️