Demi lovato - dancing with the devil docuseries

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm, watching the last episode atm.
I don't trust tge "moderation" thing, as Elton John said, it doesn't work.
It does sound like it's a disaster waiting to happen šŸ˜©

@weaselredhair : yeah, she should get out of the spotlight. She can't cope.
And he is a man of experience! I have to agree if itā€™s a massive problem in your life you need to cut it out! If moderation worked before she wouldnā€™t have been in this situation! I absolutely adore her ! But Iā€™m Worried this wonā€™t be the last time for her!

Reactions: 5
Am I the only one that found the docuseries problematic and disingenuous.
She almost bleeping died and has suffered health issues that will affect her for the rest of her life;
* loss of sight
* brain damage
Are there anymore I'm missing out?

And living life in the public eye is clearly something she can't do. No one is forcing her to keep going on. She'll get residual royalties from her music and Disney. There is no reason to keep it up. We aren't asking you to die of a drug overdose like Judy Garland.
She just comes off to me as so ungrateful for it. Without pageants, Barney and Friends and Disney she might have never gotten her big break.
In her last documentary she said that's what she wanted. She wanted stardom and fame, this is what you asked for. And you have the gall to blame your addiction on others.
The whole thing was questionable. I donā€™t know much about her but I feel like sheā€™s clinging on to lgbtq+ to feel like she belongs somewhere and is accepted rather than be known as she said ā€œjunkieā€, itā€™s a group she can use as an armour. I think addicts are addicts in every shape and form and moderation will just not work for her, itā€™s like she said. Heroin became not enough so how long until weed is not enough?

The whole thing was questionable. I donā€™t know much about her but I feel like sheā€™s clinging on to lgbtq+ to feel like she belongs somewhere and is accepted rather than be known as she said ā€œjunkieā€, itā€™s a group she can use as an armour. I think addicts are addicts in every shape and form and moderation will just not work for her, itā€™s like she said. Heroin became not enough so how long until weed is not enough?
Yeah, I think she's still very unsure about who she is and where she belongs. Hope she can find inner peace and sort herself out.

Iā€™m yet to watch it I keep meaning to but then mum life šŸ¤£. What happened to her was tragic she is so so lucky to still be here. I believe she is still taking drugs ā˜¹. I know addiction is something else and especially once you go down the road of drugs such as heroine.

Reactions: 2
Yes, I assumed I would be very sympathetic but in the end I wasn't. I just felt like her addiction/non addiction is a huge industry in itself. that the people labelled as her 'friends' were really top fans and not equal. Really felt uncomfortable with the whole adulation in the documentary format. Felt it was abused by her. And considering how she is accused of being a super manipulator in the past, I felt it was very disingenuous

Reactions: 7
Iā€™m yet to watch it I keep meaning to but then mum life šŸ¤£. What happened to her was tragic she is so so lucky to still be here. I believe she is still taking drugs ā˜¹. I know addiction is something else and especially once you go down the road of drugs such as heroine.
She took Heroin after her almost fatal overdose, she almost died and is blind because of it and she still took heroin. Now sheā€™s a California druggie which is Weed & Wine or something. It was a good watch but you canā€™t trust her, her whole family and team have said sheā€™s the best liar youā€™ll ever meet - you could tell she wasnā€™t being 100% honest

Reactions: 7
Everything is just so shady. I am not a fan of her music, but I feel for her. I do not trust any of her 'friends' nor her 'sobriety' team, they are yess people and will encourage anything she says. If Demi wants to be sober, they go 'yeiii', if she want's to be on weed and wine, they go 'yeii', if she is doing hard drugs, they go 'well, she is a grown up woman, she knows her limits', what kind of BS is that?

I hope she gets the help she needs, but I truly believe she doesn't want to atm. She herself said she is very good at lying, and she fooled (or did she?) everyone around her when she claimed she was sober, so I don't see a reason not to believe she can get a hand or the hard stuff whenever she wants.

Also, I am very very curious about who the drug dealer is, I mean, everyone kind of already knew him at partys and seems very well possitioned in the Hollywood circle, and of course wtf happened in Camp Rock, it seems that her life started going down into a spiral in those years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I just watched the music video and now everything about this feels exploitative and like a good PR coup for her album. I don't think she's recovered and I don't think she wants to be.
She admits in the song she can't have a little red wine but suddenly California sober works?
She's an addict. She's lying. She will be dead before 30 if she doesn't get real help, without enablers.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I canā€™t imagine been her parent or friend šŸ¤Æ. I think sheā€™s defiantly still taking class As. With some people it doesnā€™t matter what amount of help you can get or what you can get materialisticly or search for something to fill the void even then they will never ā€˜wantā€™ to get clean I defiantly think sheā€™s one of those sadly.

Also, I am very very curious about who the drug dealer is, I mean, everyone kind of already knew him at partys and seems very well possitioned in the Hollywood circle, and of course wtf happened in Camp Rock, it seems that her life started going down into a spiral in those years.

I canā€™t imagine been her parent or friend šŸ¤Æ. I think sheā€™s defiantly still taking class As. With some people it doesnā€™t matter what amount of help you can get or what you can get materialisticly or search for something to fill the void even then they will never ā€˜wantā€™ to get clean I defiantly think sheā€™s one of those sadly.
I donā€™t think her mother seemed to really care, her sisters in particular the one from Desperate Housewives seemed to care more. My mother would of moved in with me and not left me alone to my own devices, the fact that they found out through TMZ and friends not straight away from those on scene was a little suspicious to me that they arenā€™t maybe as close as they were making out. The fact that her mum seemed to be like oh great sheā€™s moving in for the pandemic, Demi is clearly lonely and I think thatā€™s why she looked for things to do which ends up being bad things.

Last edited:

I donā€™t think her mother seemed to really care, her sisters in particular the one from Desperate Housewives seemed to care more. My mother would of moved in with me and not left me alone to my own devices, the fact that they found out through TMZ and friends not straight away from those on scene was a little suspicious to me that they arenā€™t maybe as close as they were making out. The fact that her mum seemed to be like oh great sheā€™s moving in for the pandemic, Demi is clearly lonely and I think thatā€™s why she looked for things to do which ends up being bad things.
Knew I recognised her sister from
Somewhere but couldnā€™t put my
Finger on it!
And when they asked a question it was her step father who replied first rather than her mum, i canā€™t imagine dealing with an addict as a friend or sister or daughter I suppose you canā€™t watch them 24/7 but at the same
Time the guilt if something happened and you didnā€™t watch them. Canā€™t even imagine their emotions.

Her mum has always struck me as very pushy. I do t know how many times when DL was up and coming the fact her mum was a former cheerleader was shoehorned into the article! Did her dad die from drug related issues? I have a vague memory of it but will have to check.

Her mum has always struck me as very pushy. I do t know how many times when DL was up and coming the fact her mum was a former cheerleader was shoehorned into the article! Did her dad die from drug related issues? I have a vague memory of it but will have to check.
Yeah, he did, it was mentioned in the series.

Her mom is weird. I don't understand how not worried she seems. Her daughter nearly died and if using/drinking again! How can she say she trusts her judgement?

Reactions: 3
Yeah, he did, it was mentioned in the series.

Her mom is weird. I don't understand how not worried she seems. Her daughter nearly died and if using/drinking again! How can she say she trusts her judgement?
She said her mom was/ is an addict as well which I never knew before, her step dad seemed more concerned with the situation

Her Mum was very anorexic and probably feels fairly responsible for Demi's eating disorders.

She needs to get help before she becomes another young celebrity death. She's obviously not right mentally and whilst her friends and family will want to help her, she needs to want the help herself to get better. It's not right to attack a small family business to your 100+ million social media followers. They have 400 different types to choose from so it doesn't matter if you love dairy or are vegan or want something fatty or low calories, they cater for all. She's a disgrace and why did she ever think having her good head of hair cut that short would be a good idea!!!

She needs to get help before she becomes another young celebrity death. She's obviously not right mentally and whilst her friends and family will want to help her, she needs to want the help herself to get better. It's not right to attack a small family business to your 100+ million social media followers. They have 400 different types to choose from so it doesn't matter if you love dairy or are vegan or want something fatty or low calories, they cater for all. She's a disgrace and why did she ever think having her good head of hair cut that short would be a good idea!!!
I loved this article. Demi is so out of touch with reality, entitled and arrogant

Oh man, she's problematic šŸ˜³
She should really take a step back and reevaluate things, because this is just embarrasing...
This one has a list with previous controversies.
She's not doing herself any favours by adding this to the list...

Last edited:
Oh man, she's problematic šŸ˜³
She should really take a step back and reevaluate things, because this is just embarrasing...
This one has a list with previous controversies.
She's not doing herself any favours by adding this to the list...
Itā€™s like she doesnā€™t want to be liked or something?! Just when she starts to get people back on her side she opens her mouth.

There are so many reasons why itā€™s amazing that a frozen yogurt store is catering for different dietary requirements, itā€™s not their fault or their customers who might not be able to have ā€œfull sugarā€ ā€œfull fatā€ is so triggering to the superstar that is Demi Lovato... why not send just her assistant in or get someone else to order to spare her walking past sugar free cookies?!

As someone with medical dietary requirement this does make me sad, there plenty of other issues she could fight against such as diet teas, diet pills, fad diets, influencers whoā€™s what I eat in a day is problematic or even the Instagram filters she used to change her face....

Itā€™s funny how drugs and alcohol seems to be fine to talk about and keep using but a diet candy bar.... Jesus Christ!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I am so sorry that Demi Lovato is offended by dietary requirements for people like me